> The End of Fanhunt
Post #1
Master of AFTER

Name: N/A
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post May 30 2008, 09:16 PM
Truth be told, I didn't expect to be making this topic for quite a few years, still... As those of you who read the May 30th update for PA already know, however, Fanhunt has come to a rather abrupt end. Most of the details can be found in the final news posts on the Fanhunt site, but to reiterate one very important point, I want to say again that it was a mutual decision between Cody and myself to cancel the comic. He didn't run out on me, nor did I pull the project out from under him. The comic was merely a victim of bad timing and a number of contributing factors that collectively made continuing it impossible.

As for what's gone up so far, I personally am very grateful for all the support you guys have shown for Fanhunt since it was first announced back in '05, all the way up to the project's eventual release and (unfortunately short) run. I'm sure Cody feels the same way, but I'll let him say his piece in his own words.

Thanks again to everybody for their support, and again, sorry that this project so many of you were looking forward to had to come to an end so soon after it finally got off the ground.

--------------------

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Dean Martin
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post May 30 2008, 09:24 PM
What sucks is that I really, really wanted this to last. I was all revved up and ready to go for years, but dammit, the thing never went public. I typed up character notes, plotlines, scripts, ran them by Moab, but pleh... By the time it DID go public, page updates were scarce, and I was already making my way into professional comics.

Thankfully, I saved the cast for another project I dare say they work better with. I adore this cast I came up with. They all flow so well, have so many unique traits--I was really on a roll with 'em. It's a shame most of them never saw the light of day in Fanhunt.

Victoria, Nemo, Dr. Stein, Serpico, Kaiser, Ellis, Redd, Llelo, all characters I adored in the concept phase, it's such a shame it'll be so long before others can enjoy them. Still, every one remains intact for the new project, albeit with some alterations. So that makes me happy. Hell, as I said before, the entire reason I didn't cancel the comic sooner was that I couldn't let this cast go!

But then again, all the more reason to get published ASAP! The sooner my work is on store shelves, and I have a reputation, the sooner I can unveil the new and improved adventures of Bart, Marcus, and co.!

--------------------

There’s no free speech in this country anymore. Especially not for the gainfully employed. In 21st century America, our most cherished freedoms now only apply to the unproductive members of society. Rather than being a nation of laws presided over by great men, we’re instead ruled by the whimsical outrage of degenerates who spend their lives on Twitter, stalking and harassing our best and brightest without consequence, because they don’t have a job that’ll fire them.
~Justine Tunney
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #3
Minkeyboodle

After 4 years in development...

Group: Members
Member No.: 151

post May 31 2008, 05:36 AM
That's too bad, Fanhunt had a lot of potential.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #4
Gamer-e

Member No.: 147

post May 31 2008, 05:57 AM
To be honest, I enjoyed it when it first began, but due to the seldom updates, I had completely forgotten about it. It's a shame that y'all didn't have the time to keep it alive as long as you wanted to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #5
AprilRose

Member No.: 134

post May 31 2008, 08:44 AM
It's still a shame to hear, but I have to admit I was wondering if the project had gone on permanent hiatus after new pages became non-existent.
I'll still congratulate you two while it lasted, the little bit of the comic that I managed to see was enjoyable. Shmeckie is a talented artist and he did an excellent job with character expressions and arranging the panels/word bubbles to make the pages easy to read.
+Quote Post
Post #6
TigerEyes

City Hunter!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 23

post May 31 2008, 10:25 AM
It's too bad that the comic was unable to be continued. I really enjoyed it while it lasted. However, it is kind of exciting to think that the next time I see those characters, it'll be from a comic on store shelves! Best of luck with that, Shmeckie. Definitely let us know when that becomes a reality. =)

--------------------
“All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.”

- T.E. Lawrence.
+Quote Post
Post #7
Serra

Duchess of Fab

Member No.: 163

post May 31 2008, 10:59 AM
Well, that's a shame. Good luck with your comic career, Schmeckie.

--------------------
Hooray! That's almost like being gay, except even gayer!~ The Hutch

My new life philosophy is WWRD? (What Would Rorschach do?) Whenever a problem arises I shall punch someone, say 'hurm' and rant about whores and liberals.
+Quote Post
Post #8
Yaoi Fairy

She Of Many Icons

Member No.: 133

post Jun 1 2008, 04:58 AM
Aww... I waited all those months for it to finally be updated...!
I was really eager to see what you guys were gonna do with it, but I guess that can't be helped.

Good luck with whatever else you decide to waste your time on! :)
I really had fun with this whole Fanhunt incident.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
300_468x60banner
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 02:27 PM