> The Legend of Korra
Post #1
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Apr 27 2012, 10:37 PM
Stop talking about fucking ponies for a sec and check this shit...!

So y'know what's good? What's really good? This fucking show! The sequel to the "holy shit I can't believe something this high quality was an American animated program" series Avatar: the Last Airbender. Y'know that show that pretty much started the new renaissance of animation? Yeah, this would be the sequel. Imagine that show, but with a way bigger animation budget, and a lot more creative freedom and the ability to show stuff they weren't allowed to show in the last series. Like, real fights with punches connecting with realistic punching sounds and shit. Because apparently the success of the last series gave the guys behind Avatar a free ride to do whatever the fuck they wanted.

We got a new protagonist (a lady Avatar, and a very entertaining and likable character I might add), great new cast (seriously, I'm warming up to these folks way faster than the old crew. They're a thousand times more interesting than the already very entertaining main cast of the last show), and a visually stunning new environment that mixes the Asian aesthetic of the last series with the American 1930's. Like Avatar got a heavy injection of Baccano!. Complete with the occasional jazzy sax music, and sepia-toned last episode preview complete with WW2-era cheesy announcer recapping everything. Oh, yeah, and the new main villain is menacing as fuck and voiced by Steve Blum.

If you haven't watched this shit, check your on demand service, or your local internet torrents and watch this shit!

--------------------

Thereís no free speech in this country anymore. Especially not for the gainfully employed. In 21st century America, our most cherished freedoms now only apply to the unproductive members of society. Rather than being a nation of laws presided over by great men, weíre instead ruled by the whimsical outrage of degenerates who spend their lives on Twitter, stalking and harassing our best and brightest without consequence, because they donít have a job thatíll fire them.
~Justine Tunney
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
Felloffalot

As obvious as ejaculation.

Group: Members
Member No.: 386

post Apr 27 2012, 10:40 PM
Fuck yeah, Legend of Korra. When I watched the first two episodes on Korra Nation, I knew I was in for a fucking sweet ride. I haven't caught the third episode yet, but I fucking love Korra, Borin, Mako, all those characters, they are great, the show sticks closely to the old series in it's style while still incorporating so many new elements...it's great. This show is great. That's pretty much it.

--------------------
"Alright Japan, just stick to sushi, anime and creepy sex things."
-Brad Loekle
+Quote Post
Post #3
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Apr 27 2012, 10:42 PM
Catch that third fucking episode!

Evil Steve Blum Amon is off the hook!

You don't even know!

--------------------

Thereís no free speech in this country anymore. Especially not for the gainfully employed. In 21st century America, our most cherished freedoms now only apply to the unproductive members of society. Rather than being a nation of laws presided over by great men, weíre instead ruled by the whimsical outrage of degenerates who spend their lives on Twitter, stalking and harassing our best and brightest without consequence, because they donít have a job thatíll fire them.
~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #4
Zana

Whoops

Member No.: 496

post Apr 27 2012, 11:03 PM
I'm gonna miss the old characters, but I already love Korra. She's so awesome~
Still need to catch the third episode though.

--------------------
Grammar is the difference between "knowing your shit" and "knowing you're shit."
+Quote Post
Post #5
Felloffalot

As obvious as ejaculation.

Member No.: 386

post Apr 27 2012, 11:18 PM
Shmeckie, thanks to you being an amazing human being, I just watched the third episode. Pretty fucking awesome. I laughed so hard when Korra earthbended the kids away, and holy shit, Amon can energy bend!

--------------------
"Alright Japan, just stick to sushi, anime and creepy sex things."
-Brad Loekle
+Quote Post
Post #6
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Apr 27 2012, 11:40 PM
The maddest of mad props to the writers for even making Tenzen's "precocious" children into entertaining characters. The "I make no promises" bit made me laugh out loud.

Also, while I will miss the old characters, I'm already liking this new central cast way more. If things continue as they are now, Legend of Korra is shaping up to outdo The Last Airbender by a mile.

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #7
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Apr 27 2012, 11:49 PM
well then, time to watch something else beside Transformers Prime , Regular Show, Young Justice and Dan vs.
Any other animated show I should watch?

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #8
xoxjoanxox

Break free.

Member No.: 384

post Apr 28 2012, 04:33 AM
Everyone's telling me to watch it. I guess I'll check it out.

--------------------

QUOTE (9/13/2013 3:49:17 PM Max-Vader:)
YOU KNOW NOTHING, JOAN SNOW

QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Feb 5 2014, 05:08 AM) *
I Was the Drink: The Joan Cheng Story

QUOTE (Screaming Soulcatcher)
Joan are you the straightest shota
+Quote Post
Post #9
Paragon

Great Googly Moogly

Member No.: 612

post Apr 28 2012, 07:51 AM
Goddammit, I love this show about as much as the old one after three episodes.

Love the animation, love the characters, love the setting.

Looks to be a fantastic series.

--------------------
Index of Mocks

Mykan: Paragon part of me wnats to see you chained to the wall

Paragon: does the titan break wall maria
Mykan: Yes
+Quote Post
Post #10
JakAttack

A man of questionable intelligence

Member No.: 412

post Apr 28 2012, 08:57 AM
I had my doubts about this show, but I should really learn to trust these guys more. Korra's first words ("I'm the Avatar, and you gotta deal with it!") sum up her character nicely, yet there's still room for development. Also, hey, remember when everyone was guessing about the characters, and Bolin was the Iroh character who was all calm and shit? And when the show came out, no one was right about him? Those were the days, man...

Given Amon's newly discovered ability, I'm predicting he's going to try it on Korra, but she's going to reverse it back on him. Though I'm still curious how he can do that, but it will all be explained in due time.

As of now, though, I'm just trying to imagine what curve they're going to throw us in an attempt to make it look like Mako and Korra won't end up together. Because, let's be honest, they are so going to end up together.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #11
Matto

3:<

Member No.: 470

post Apr 28 2012, 09:09 AM
God damn it Shmeckie, stop making me hunt for shows I need to watch. >:[

--------------------
"I have no grudge against McDonalds but they are spergs who activated their aspergers. I am clearly in the right here and how dare they not take my input seriously." - Bonglorio

+Quote Post
Post #12
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Apr 28 2012, 10:11 AM
Not terribly subtle about Korra and Mako, were they?

As for Amon's ability, I can already see how this is going to go down: Amon can't actually take away bending, he only knows a technique to block your chi indefinitely. He'll hit one of Korra's gang (or Korra herself) with this technique, and there'll be some mini-arc that involves undoing the chi blockage and there'll be a big "hooray" moment when said character gets their bending back.

Also, I love the anti-bending martial art the Equalists use. Adds a whole new dynamic to the show, in that non-benders can be a major threat, as opposed to the last series where virtually every major fighter was a bender.

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #13
Paragon

Great Googly Moogly

post Apr 28 2012, 10:23 AM
I think, and this is just a stupid theory, that there are two Avatars, one is Korra, the other is Amon. Korra is the physical aspect of being the Avatar and Amon is the spritual aspect. He's actually a bender, a Spiritbender.

This is one of the dumb things I came up with when I was way too tired and sleepy last night.

This post has been edited by Paragon: Apr 28 2012, 10:24 AM

--------------------
Index of Mocks

+Quote Post
Post #14
xoxjoanxox

Break free.

Member No.: 384

post Apr 28 2012, 06:39 PM
I just watched 3 episodes and I'm hooked. Oh God, the quality. The fights. The characters. Hnnnnnnnngh.

And I feel as if the producers were looking back on all the Zutara craze and decided it was best to work from that angle instead.

--------------------

QUOTE (9/13/2013 3:49:17 PM Max-Vader:)
YOU KNOW NOTHING, JOAN SNOW

QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Feb 5 2014, 05:08 AM) *
I Was the Drink: The Joan Cheng Story

QUOTE (Screaming Soulcatcher)
Joan are you the straightest shota
+Quote Post
Post #15
Paragon

Great Googly Moogly

post Apr 28 2012, 07:53 PM
QUOTE (xoxjoanxox @ Apr 28 2012, 09:39 PM) *
And I feel as if the producers were looking back on all the Zutara craze and decided it was best to work from that angle instead.[/color]

Why on Earth would you think THAT?

I'm kidding, that's totaly what they're doing!! Not that I'm complaining, being a former Zutara shipper myself.

--------------------
Index of Mocks

+Quote Post
Post #16
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Apr 28 2012, 07:54 PM
...Except that they mocked the "Zutara" thing in the fake Book 4 and spotlighted why it was a terrible idea.

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #17
Paragon

Great Googly Moogly

post Apr 28 2012, 08:14 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Apr 28 2012, 10:54 PM) *
...Except that they mocked the "Zutara" thing in the fake Book 4 and spotlighted why it was a terrible idea.

They did, yeah, but I was like fourteen at the time, man. And stupid. I didn't think scriptfics were bad back then, too, so I can safely say I was a dummy and a dork.

Fourteen year olds aren't the smartest fans, as I'm sure you'd agree.

--------------------
Index of Mocks

+Quote Post
Post #18
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Apr 28 2012, 08:18 PM
Oh, no doubt, but realizing your younger self was an idiot is an important sign that you're an intelligent human being. What I'm getting at is I doubt Korra and Mako are supposed to be some kind of replacement Zutara. Not that that'll stop the dumbass fangirls and the manchildren at TV Tropes...

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #19
Paragon

Great Googly Moogly

post Apr 28 2012, 08:24 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Apr 28 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Oh, no doubt, but realizing your younger self was an idiot is an important sign that you're an intelligent human being. What I'm getting at is I doubt Korra and Mako are supposed to be some kind of replacement Zutara. Not that that'll stop the dumbass fangirls and the manchildren at TV Tropes...

Yes, I think it's dumb that there are so many fans who are all like ZOMG ZUTARA REINCARNATION MY SHIP IS FINALY COMING TRUEEEE!!!!

Last I checked, Makorra had nothing to do with either Katara or Zuko. I like my new ship as is.

Like you said, though, it ain't stopping the gravy train of stupid.

--------------------
Index of Mocks

+Quote Post
Post #20
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Apr 28 2012, 08:29 PM
As fantastic as this franchise is, its fanbase is absolutely dirt stupid. Like, I feel like if I met a die-hard Avatar fan, I'd have to talk to them by leaning on my knees and speaking very slowly.

And although I am a mite bit disappointed with how KorraxMako was hinted about as subtly as Fran Drescher's acting, at least it's better than the way the main couple was set up in TLA...

This post has been edited by Shmeckie: Apr 28 2012, 08:31 PM

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
300_468x60banner
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 05:37 AM