Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Currently Watching / Reccomendations thread
Post #21
Soba

I THROW MY HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES

Group: Members
Member No.: 429

post Nov 9 2011, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (Yaoi Huntress Earth @ Nov 9 2011, 04:55 PM)
I've been getting into Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy. He travels America finding all the neat things like soapbox derbies, the history of moon-shining (and how NASCAR racing grew from that) and having to take etiquette classes.

It seems interesting, but of the four Blue Collar guys, Larry was probably my least favorite (I liked Bill Engvall best). Would you recommend the show? I need new reasons to use a tv.

--------------------

Lul.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #22
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Space honey
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Nov 9 2011, 09:21 PM
You can just check out the main site which has some videos to see what you think about it. I enjoy factoids and history so that part is fun.

This post has been edited by Yaoi Huntress Earth: Nov 9 2011, 09:22 PM

--------------------

"A man doesn't grow-up; his toys just get more expensive."-Tony Atlas
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #23
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Member No.: 445

post Nov 9 2011, 09:24 PM
Larry the Cable Guy always seems to be really great when he's not Larry the Cable Guy, so I have to say I'm kind of interested in this show.

For the record, Ron White will always be my fave.

This post has been edited by Tonfa: Nov 9 2011, 09:24 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
ófrom Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #24
Soba

post Nov 9 2011, 09:31 PM
I never got into Ron White, mostly because of a sheltering mother. She's also the type who obeys game rating ages. -sigh-

--------------------

Lul.
+Quote Post
Post #25
Master of AFTER

Name: N/A
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Nov 12 2011, 04:10 AM
My favorite redneck comedian is Sarah Palin. Zing!

Regarding TV shows, I watched the first episode of Penn & Teller Tell a Lie the other day. Not anywhere near as entertaining as Bullshit!, but I enjoyed it overall (and I even learned something). I'd recommend it for P&T fans.

--------------------

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
ó Dean Martin
+Quote Post
Post #26
Carnage

Member No.: 564

post Nov 12 2011, 02:10 PM
I am currently into Dexter, NCIS, The Office, and Jericho.
Good stuff right now.
+Quote Post
Post #27
Viashino_wizard

That's a Jimmybean!

Member No.: 222

post Nov 12 2011, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Nov 12 2011, 05:10 AM)
My favorite redneck comedian is Sarah Palin.† Zing!

Look out Bill Maher, you've got competition.

This post has been edited by Viashino_wizard: Nov 12 2011, 10:35 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (TigerEyes)
Change is mandatory. It's progress that's optional.

"Stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things are very popular but I'm a fan of extraordinary people trying to do ordinary things"
-Kelly Turnbull
+Quote Post
Post #28
Master of AFTER

Group Icon

post Nov 12 2011, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (Viashino_wizard @ Nov 12 2011, 10:35 PM)
Look out Bill Maher, you've got competition.

That's probably the worst insult anyone has ever thrown at me.

--------------------

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
ó Dean Martin
+Quote Post
Post #29
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Nov 12 2011, 11:07 PM
Does anyone else here watch Burn Notice? Because holy shit this show...

If any show can prove we can go toe-to-toe with Japan in terms of plot and character in our TV shows, it's this one. A variety of diverse, well-crafted characters, clever storylines, engaging overall plot arcs that all interconnect into one overarching storyline, etc.

Great protagonists, awesome villains, Bruce Campbell, what's not to love?!

--------------------

Thereís no free speech in this country anymore. Especially not for the gainfully employed. In 21st century America, our most cherished freedoms now only apply to the unproductive members of society. Rather than being a nation of laws presided over by great men, weíre instead ruled by the whimsical outrage of degenerates who spend their lives on Twitter, stalking and harassing our best and brightest without consequence, because they donít have a job thatíll fire them.
~Justine Tunney
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #30
The Two-One-Five

The Kung-Fu Hippie from Gansta City

Member No.: 212

post Nov 13 2011, 12:25 AM
Rewatching JL/JLU. Forgot how good this show was.

Also, saw Batman: Year One and holy shit is it awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #31
Protto

HOWLING

Member No.: 353

post Nov 13 2011, 01:14 AM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Nov 13 2011, 12:07 AM)
Does anyone else here watch Burn Notice? Because holy shit this show...

If any show can prove we can go toe-to-toe with Japan in terms of plot and character in our TV shows, it's this one. A variety of diverse, well-crafted characters, clever storylines, engaging overall plot arcs that all interconnect into one overarching storyline, etc.

Great protagonists, awesome villains, Bruce Campbell, what's not to love?!

I fell out of watching it around the third season. Looks like I have to do some catching up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #32
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Nov 13 2011, 02:55 AM
Oh yes, you do. You most certainly do.

The most recent season has finally revealed the man behind everything that's happened in the series. What I love is that he's nothing like any kind of villain you'd expect (he looks like a bit character, and is even introduced as such), but damn if he hasn't been living up to all the multiple seasons worth of build up to him.

And of course, the made-for-TV movie that was Sam Axe's (Bruce Campbell's character) backstory. Then there's the whole Simon story arc, the revelation of the Organization, who "Management" is, and of course, more of the greatness that is "Dead" Larry.

This show has a lot of fucking plot and it is great plot and everyone should watch it.

--------------------

Thereís no free speech in this country anymore. Especially not for the gainfully employed. In 21st century America, our most cherished freedoms now only apply to the unproductive members of society. Rather than being a nation of laws presided over by great men, weíre instead ruled by the whimsical outrage of degenerates who spend their lives on Twitter, stalking and harassing our best and brightest without consequence, because they donít have a job thatíll fire them.
~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #33
Carnage

Member No.: 564

post Nov 13 2011, 05:29 AM
Shmeck, I was watching Burn Notice for a while, until cable became non-existant to me. I guess its time to download all ones I've missed.

Of course, I LOOOVEEEEEE watching that show "Sister Wives", you know? The guy Kody with 4 wives and 50 children? Favorite show of all time. Everyone should watch it. Its beyond incredible...
+Quote Post
Post #34
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Space honey
Group Icon

post Nov 13 2011, 12:29 PM
QUOTE (Carnage @ Nov 13 2011, 07:29 AM)
Shmeck, I was watching Burn Notice for a while, until cable became non-existant to me. I guess its time to download all ones I've missed.

Of course, I LOOOVEEEEEE watching that show "Sister Wives", you know? The guy Kody with 4 wives and 50 children? Favorite show of all time. Everyone should watch it. Its beyond incredible...

Is it like a train-wreck factor or a more interesting and sincere look? I could not imagine caring for 50 kids even with help.

--------------------

Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #35
Matto

3:<

Member No.: 470

post Nov 13 2011, 07:06 PM
TLC is basically the network for trainwreck families and the producers that make them famous for the wrong reasons.

I've been re-watching Reboot, The Simpsons season 7 DVD set, Shin-chan and the Muppet Show. I'm still pissed Disney hasn't released Season 4 and 5 of that last show yet. >:[

--------------------
"I have no grudge against McDonalds but they are spergs who activated their aspergers. I am clearly in the right here and how dare they not take my input seriously." - Bonglorio

+Quote Post
Post #36
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Space honey
Group Icon

post Nov 13 2011, 07:21 PM
QUOTE (Matto @ Nov 13 2011, 09:06 PM)
TLC is basically the network for trainwreck families and the producers that make them famous for the wrong reasons.

And make people feel better about themselves that they're not these sorry bastards.

--------------------

Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #37
Soba

post Nov 13 2011, 07:23 PM
After I get through the new shows (as in, old stuff I never watched) on my netflix, I'm probably going to watch through king of the hill again. That show shall always be number one in my heart.

--------------------

Lul.
+Quote Post
Post #38
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Nov 13 2011, 08:48 PM
So there's this cartoon that plays on the Hub every now and again. It's really, really good. Yeah, it's obviously done in Flash, but there's still real effort put into it regardless. It has clever writing, interesting characters, and a simple, yet entertaining premise.

What, did you think I was talking about My Little Pony?! Hahaha! What do I look like, a ten year old girl?!

No, it's a show called Dan Vs. It's about this total asshole (played by Curtis Armstrong) who thinks the whole world is against him, and keeps taking on different "enemies" for petty, stupid reasons, but always turns out to be vindicated through some insane way in the end. In the episode where he just HAD to prove magic fake because god forbid people enjoy a magic act, it turned out the magician in question was a thief and part of some magicians cabal where they all steal from everybody. In the episode where he tries to sabotage a fancy-pants restaurant because they replaced his favorite sandwich shack, it turns out the fancy restaurant is a bizarre dictatorship with a dungeon full of cooks who dared to make a single mistake, and soup chefs "with a taste for blood."

His best friend is this well adjusted guy with a hot (by the art style's standards) wife who just goes with his bullshit because they're friends. Oh, and said wife is secretly a highly trained CIA operative because why not.

Here's a few clips to further my point.

Watch this show. Not MLP. This one.

This post has been edited by Shmeckie: Nov 13 2011, 08:49 PM

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #39
Soba

post Nov 13 2011, 09:27 PM
BITCH I WATCH WHAT I WANT!!!!!!

But it's actually pretty hilarious, I'll have to check it out.

--------------------

Lul.
+Quote Post
Post #40
Master of AFTER

Group Icon

post Nov 13 2011, 09:32 PM
I've seen a couple promos for Dan Vs, but I never bothered to check out it. Guess I figured they couldn't do very much with the premise given that it airs on the Hub. The clips look very Regular Show-esque in the amount of stuff the writers get past the radar, though. I'll give it a shot.

--------------------

ó Dean Martin
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
300_468x60banner
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:28 PM