> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #61
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Sep 24 2011, 08:11 PM
Watched it for Q Dragon, reminded of how this is so very much a children's show. Q Dragon was still the best part, though. And now that he's gone, I can safely resume never watching this show again. Ugh, that was some cheeseball shit. The "here comes Tony" bit was slightly funny, though.

But yeah, Q Dragon drinking the chocolate milk was the best part.

--------------------

Dad taught me to never give up. And when it comes to women, never take 'no' for an answer, and only sometimes take 'get off me' or 'I'm calling the police' for an answer.
~Christopher Titus
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #62
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

post Sep 24 2011, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 24 2011, 09:11 PM)
The "here comes Tony" bit was slightly funny, though.

But yeah, Q Dragon drinking the chocolate milk was the best part.

The entire sequence where Twilight loses her patience with the others is the highlight of the episode.

But if I had to pick out a single gag, yeah, I'd agree with everybody else about Discord drinking the glass just because of how out-of-fucking-nowhere it was. Sure hope they find a way to work him back into the series.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #63
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Group: Members
Member No.: 445

post Sep 25 2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, he was fun while it lasted.

Oh well, more fun if they bring in more special guest characters.

We may get James Hetfield to play another dragon yet ninja.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
ófrom Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #64
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

post Sep 25 2011, 06:32 PM
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

--------------------

Dad taught me to never give up. And when it comes to women, never take 'no' for an answer, and only sometimes take 'get off me' or 'I'm calling the police' for an answer.
~Christopher Titus
+Quote Post
Post #65
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Member No.: 445

post Sep 25 2011, 06:36 PM
I'm going to hold you to that.

Lets make it interesting and extend the condition to Keith David making an appearance as well...

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
ófrom Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #66
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

post Sep 25 2011, 06:53 PM
No, because there's a chance Keith David might. He's an actor and he will appear in things that pay money. James Hetfield, on the other hand, will never do it.

--------------------

~Christopher Titus
+Quote Post
Post #67
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Sep 25 2011, 08:56 PM
I have heard they got Weird Al for a cameo already.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #68
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

post Sep 25 2011, 09:08 PM
I call bullshit.

--------------------

~Christopher Titus
+Quote Post
Post #69
Master of AFTER

-SIGN-
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Sep 26 2011, 02:15 AM
I can't believe they did a Star Wars homage at the end there... Did NOT see that coming.

There were quite a few amusing moments in the new episode, actually. I think I would be a lot more enthusiastic about watching this show if the ponies were in their reverse personalities all the time; that plot device essentially turned the show into a PG version of something from Adult Swim for the first and second acts. The mile-a-minute pacing was a tad jarring, though. It seems like they wrote the script with a three-parter in mind and then had to condense it down to only two episodes. Discord's defeat felt especially rushed, which is kind of a shame since it meant the best character on the show got a rather anticlimactic end.

To anybody who watches this regularly, can someone tell me what the deal is with Spike vomiting up the letters that Twilight exchanges with Celestia? I assume that must have been explained in an earlier episode, because, like, what the fuck?

--------------------

"Ponies, man. They made us all idiots." - Hambone
+Quote Post
Post #70
Maniak

post Sep 26 2011, 02:22 AM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Sep 26 2011, 11:15 AM)
To anybody who watches this regularly, can someone tell me what the deal is with Spike vomiting up the letters that Twilight exchanges with Celestia?  I assume that must have been explained in an earlier episode, because, like, what the fuck?

It`s magic bitch, you don`t have to explain it.
No seriously, there is no explanation for why he is able to do that. Spike is basically your email account: He breaths fire to send the shit and receives stuff back when the plot demands it

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #71
Master of AFTER

-SIGN-
Group Icon

post Sep 26 2011, 02:36 AM
I guess that's the best workaround they could think of for a plot that demands instant long-distance communication set in a world without phones.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #72
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

post Sep 26 2011, 02:52 AM
It ended with a Star Wars homage? I didn't catch that. Mainly because I turned the episode off after Q Dragon was gone.

--------------------

~Christopher Titus
+Quote Post
Post #73
Master of AFTER

-SIGN-
Group Icon

post Sep 26 2011, 03:05 AM
At the very end of the episode they had an award ceremony scene that was a shot-for-shot takeoff on the final scene of A New Hope. They even used an iris wipe to transition to the credits.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #74
JakAttack

D:

From: the creative minds that brought you "Spaceballs"...
Member No.: 412

post Sep 26 2011, 02:25 PM
I've never actually watched Star Wars, so I didn't catch it.

On that note, I shall now hand over my Internet Nerd liscense until I watch the original trilogy. I've already given Nobody my Internet Comedian liscense for not watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail, so I've got my weekend between the two.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Narrator from The Stanley Parable)
Stanley was fat and ugly and really, really stupid. He probably only got his job because of a family connection, that's how stupid he is. That, or with drug money. Also, Stanley is addicted to drugs and hookers.
+Quote Post
Post #75
The Chosen

Extreme Member

Member No.: 165

post Sep 26 2011, 04:06 PM
Here's a video comparing the episode 2/Star Wars endings.

--------------------
Cor cordis
+Quote Post
Post #76
Al_Cone

Group Icon

post Sep 26 2011, 06:59 PM
QUOTE (JakAttack @ Sep 26 2011, 03:25 PM)
I've never actually watched Star Wars, so I didn't catch it.

On that note, I shall now hand over my Internet Nerd liscense until I watch the original trilogy. I've already given Nobody my Internet Comedian liscense for not watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail, so I've got my weekend between the two.

You're not doing a good job of convincing me not to ban you, fella. Especially when you imply that it's only the original trilogy that you haven't seen.

Anyway, Star Wars shout-out. I was split halfway on whether it was intentional or not (thinking "this is too close to be--but then...nah, it isn't"), until the wipe at the end. I think that's the way to go, if you absolutely must have pop cultural references in a show about scaled-down horses to which I am entitled. Do it subtly.

This post has been edited by Al_Cone: Sep 26 2011, 06:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #77
Maniak

post Sep 27 2011, 01:24 AM
the thing I am going to say about this "shout-out" is that I did not understand why it was needed. It was more subtle than when Family Guy did it but still. What`s next? A shout out to Inglorious Basterds with someone bashing a baseball bat over Pinkie`s head?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #78
Al_Cone

Group Icon

post Sep 27 2011, 02:59 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Sep 27 2011, 02:24 AM)
the thing I am going to say about this "shout-out" is that I did not understand why it was needed. It was more subtle than when Family Guy did it but still. What`s next? A shout out to Inglorious Basterds with someone bashing a baseball bat over Pinkie`s head?

It was simple homage. They probably didn't have to color Twilight Sparkle like Rapidash in one episode either. They did it because they could. It wasn't to the detriment of the episode, so why complain?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #79
JakAttack

D:

From: the creative minds that brought you "Spaceballs"...
Member No.: 412

post Sep 27 2011, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Al Cone)
Especially when you imply that it's only the original trilogy that you haven't seen.

Don't worry, I'll never watch the Prequal trilogy, and I never have watched it. I've heard enough about it to know it's a steer-clear zone.

QUOTE (The Chosen)
Here's a video comparing the episode 2/Star Wars endings.

That's good enough for me. Thanks.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Narrator from The Stanley Parable)
Stanley was fat and ugly and really, really stupid. He probably only got his job because of a family connection, that's how stupid he is. That, or with drug money. Also, Stanley is addicted to drugs and hookers.
+Quote Post
Post #80
Maniak

post Sep 27 2011, 07:43 PM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Sep 27 2011, 11:59 PM)
It was simple homage. They probably didn't have to color Twilight Sparkle like Rapidash in one episode either. They did it because they could. It wasn't to the detriment of the episode, so why complain?

I don`t complain I just don`t know why.

--------------------

+Quote Post

112 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:11 AM