Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #41
Newandimprovednobody

Fighting's not really my thing...

Group: Members
Member No.: 413

post Sep 17 2011, 05:59 PM
Talking piles of apples, creepy balloons, a giant rock that appears out of nowhere and your own enemy? Yes, totally legit. You should believe those guys when they tell you anything.

Although to be fair, Discord had to reverse Fluttershy's personality manually, so it could be less of idiocy from the ponies than the fact that Discord needs to hold them still long enough to do some hypnotism stuff to them. Or something to that effect.

--------------------
QUOTE (JDR on furries)
If only every fandom could be so nice

QUOTE (MOA)
"You asked me, 'How do you fuck a mermaid?' What you should have asked me was: 'How don't you fuck a mermaid?'" - TV Tropes
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #42
Lizard-Man

Hyper Member

Member No.: 313

post Sep 17 2011, 06:11 PM
More than likely weakening of their resolve. Pinkie gets the idea in her head that people are laughing at her, Dash's loyalties between her home and friends are split, Discord uses Rarity's love of gemstones and creates the illusion that a rock is in fact a diamond and AJ, well, she didn't believ eit at first but it raised a little doubt in her that allowed Discord to seep in some of his own little wisdom. Better to lie than to accept an uncomfortable truth, and she starts lying over and over once she starts.

And again its mind control. The only one who Discord just skipped right to the mind control was Fluttershy. I guess because he figured it was taking too long. I think he just sucked the kindess right out of her on that one. In fact, he kinda did that with everyone.

So again, not so much idiot ball as finding out the weaknesses in their personalities and using them to his advantage. Again, like Parallax.

--------------------
"Hi I'm Harold, the Tree's name is Bob."

Visit Lizard-Man's Blog "The Lagoon of the Lizard-Man"
"Reviews and Let's Plays all starring the lovable Reptillian Lizard-Man"

Mocks

Musical: Things Change & The End : Here

Naruto: Ashbringer of Konoha : Here

Winters Wonderland : Here

If It Helps I know your Name : Here

We're Parents : Here

Sold! : Here

My Prince Returns : Here
+Quote Post
Post #43
Newandimprovednobody

post Sep 17 2011, 06:15 PM
QUOTE (Lizard-Man @ Sep 17 2011, 07:11 PM)
More than likely weakening of their resolve. Pinkie gets the idea in her head that people are laughing at her, Dash's loyalties between her home and friends are split, Discord uses Rarity's love of gemstones and creates the illusion that a rock is in fact a diamond and AJ, well, she didn't believ eit at first but it raised a little doubt in her that allowed Discord to seep in some of his own little wisdom. Better to lie than to accept an uncomfortable truth, and she starts lying over and over once she starts.

And again its mind control. The only one who Discord just skipped right to the mind control was Fluttershy. I guess because he figured it was taking too long. I think he just sucked the kindess right out of her on that one. In fact, he kinda did that with everyone.

So again, not so much idiot ball as finding out the weaknesses in their personalities and using them to his advantage. Again, like Parallax.

Well, that makes sense. Still doesn't explain how they turned gray, but that's something minor.

Still wondering how Twilight doesn't notice that something's wrong.

--------------------
QUOTE (JDR on furries)

QUOTE (MOA)
"You asked me, 'How do you fuck a mermaid?' What you should have asked me was: 'How don't you fuck a mermaid?'" - TV Tropes
+Quote Post
Post #44
Lizard-Man

Hyper Member

Member No.: 313

post Sep 17 2011, 08:22 PM
She does, it's just she isn't putting two and two together for the moment. She'll figure it out next episode.

--------------------
"Hi I'm Harold, the Tree's name is Bob."

Visit Lizard-Man's Blog "The Lagoon of the Lizard-Man"
"Reviews and Let's Plays all starring the lovable Reptillian Lizard-Man"

Mocks

Musical: Things Change & The End : Here

Naruto: Ashbringer of Konoha : Here

Winters Wonderland : Here

If It Helps I know your Name : Here

We're Parents : Here

Sold! : Here

My Prince Returns : Here
+Quote Post
Post #45
Newandimprovednobody

post Sep 17 2011, 08:53 PM
Well, she pretty much has to or everything's pretty much screwed and there is no show.

--------------------
QUOTE (JDR on furries)

QUOTE (MOA)
+Quote Post
Post #46
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Sep 17 2011, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (Newandimprovednobody @ Sep 18 2011, 05:53 AM)
Well, she pretty much has to or everything's pretty much screwed and there is no show.

The "turned their colors all gray" stuff is actually something that could be easily explained as visual effect from the animators. I remember a few cartoons in my past where some big villain would use a sort of mind control/personality altering ability that would also have as an effect that the guys slightly altered in their appearance. That was rather an effect/clue to make children also from a visual point clear that something happened with them.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #47
Newandimprovednobody

post Sep 18 2011, 08:03 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Sep 17 2011, 10:45 PM)
The "turned their colors all gray" stuff is actually something that could be easily explained as visual effect from the animators. I remember a few cartoons in my past where some big villain would use a sort of mind control/personality altering ability that would also have as an effect that the guys slightly altered in their appearance. That was rather an effect/clue to make children also from a visual point clear that something happened with them.

That's what I thought ten seconds after I posed the question.

Equestria's backstory is cool.

--------------------
QUOTE (JDR on furries)

QUOTE (MOA)
+Quote Post
Post #48
Master of AFTER

Name: N/A
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Sep 19 2011, 03:57 AM
QUOTE (Lizard-Man @ Sep 17 2011, 06:11 PM)

I actually chuckled at that part. Discord couldn't put any doubt in Fluttershy's mind thanks to her impossibly horrible self-esteem, so he was all "Eh, fuck it."

That episode managed to defy my expectations and keep me reasonably entertained. I'm not sure if the show is starting to grow on me or if it was all John de Lancie... I hope to God it was all John de Lancie.

--------------------

Never flee from conflict. Only within the lessons learned through conflict can we discover who we truly are.
+Quote Post
Post #49
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Member No.: 445

post Sep 19 2011, 06:28 AM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Sep 19 2011, 06:57 AM)
That episode managed to defy my expectations and keep me reasonably entertained.  I'm not sure if the show is starting to grow on me or if it was all John de Lancie...  I hope to God it was all John de Lancie.

QUOTE (John DeLancie)
Roddenberry warned me that I had no idea what I was getting into with Star Trek. Someone should have warned me about My Little Pony! Egads!

This post has been edited by Tonfa: Sep 19 2011, 06:28 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Cody’s ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. It’s him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. It’s him! He found me!"
—from Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #50
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 162

post Sep 19 2011, 09:18 AM
Was that from his twitter? Where's the source for that?

It's really interesting to hear the voice of a man who I literally grew up with catering to a new generation of children by playing virtually the same character. I can't wait until my cousins catch wind of My Little Pony so that I can infuriate my uncle by referring to Discord as Q.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #51
Maniak

post Sep 19 2011, 09:26 AM
In regard of the coment: well De Lancie, next time try to do a bit of research. Now you are fucked by the fandom!

This post has been edited by Maniak: Sep 19 2011, 09:29 AM

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #52
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Member No.: 445

post Sep 19 2011, 10:07 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Sep 19 2011, 12:18 PM)
Was that from his twitter? Where's the source for that?

Someone from another forum I go to posted it, I'm pretty sure its from his twitter.

But yeah, its kind of funny to see that he's pretty much come full circle to another crazy fandom.

This post has been edited by Tonfa: Sep 19 2011, 10:08 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Cody’s ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. It’s him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. It’s him! He found me!"
—from Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #53
Maniak

post Sep 19 2011, 11:25 AM
QUOTE (Tonfa @ Sep 19 2011, 07:07 PM)
Someone from another forum I go to posted it, I'm pretty sure its from his twitter.

But yeah, its kind of funny to see that he's pretty much come full circle to another crazy fandom.

And for what? Basically the same character he played the first tiem more than 20 years ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #54
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Sep 19 2011, 11:29 AM
I actually watched this episode, and in a way I was somewhat entertained. primarily because Discord was basically Q, and I like Q. Never been a Star Trek fan, but my dad is, and when I'd visit him as a kid he'd always be watching it, and I remember watching a few episodes with him and really liking Q, so hearing DeLancie basically play Q again made me feel nostalgic.

Other than him, it was basic kid's stuff. He made that godforsaken pink abomination shut the fuck up, so he gets bro points for that.

--------------------

The internet gives everybody the illusion of power. Everyone’s a commentator, everyone’s a writer, everyone’s a movie critic, everyone’s a moral activist. And as a result, everyone is a fucking idiot.
~Gilbert Gottfried
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #55
Maniak

post Sep 24 2011, 08:04 AM
I can`t believe I am going to make the first post in that thing regarding the subject now but here it is: watched new episode a few minutes ago. Opinion: It sucked.
Discord and Fluttershy in jerkass mode were still funny but the rest sucked even for kiddi show standard. That is all I am saying. If you excuse me now I watch Looney Tunes and Young Justice. Last one has a incest joke.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #56
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

post Sep 24 2011, 09:02 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Sep 24 2011, 09:04 AM)
I can`t believe I am going to make the first post in that thing regarding the subject now but here it is: watched new episode a few minutes ago. Opinion: It sucked.
Discord and Fluttershy in jerkass mode were  still funny but the rest sucked even for kiddi show standard. That is all I am saying. If you excuse me now I watch Looney Tunes and Young Justice. Last one has a incest joke.

Jesus, you have seriously turned on this show of late, haven't you?

I liked it. Twilight Sparkle's breakdown was the funniest part of the entire episode. The nifty Star Wars shout-out with the final scene made me smile too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #57
Maniak

post Sep 24 2011, 09:13 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Sep 24 2011, 06:02 PM)
Jesus, you have seriously turned on this show of late, haven't you?

What do you mean by that saying? That I am turning into a hater of it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #58
P Dot Alex

The Only Thing I Know For Real

Member No.: 373

post Sep 24 2011, 09:16 AM
That means that you'll turn into a brony! Didn't you watch that video? Considering you already liked the show at some point, you'll into SuperMegaUltraBrony, the final boss of the internet!

--------------------
I got one of these. C'mon, don't be shy.

"I am very edgy" - Dakari King Mykan.
+Quote Post
Post #59
The Chosen

Extreme Member

Member No.: 165

post Sep 24 2011, 09:31 AM
My favorite part was Discord filling up a glass of chocolate milk, drinking the glass itself, and throwing the milk away... where it explodes.

This post has been edited by The Chosen: Sep 24 2011, 10:43 AM

--------------------
Cor cordis
+Quote Post
Post #60
JakAttack

D:

From: the creative minds that brought you "Spaceballs"...
Member No.: 412

post Sep 24 2011, 06:54 PM
What Chosen said. That was both epic and actually quite funny.

I also quite liked the part where Pinkie stalls the Defeat of Discord to have one last gulp of chocolate rain. That's probably my love for the "Arsony Murder and Jaywalking" trope talking, but whatever.

--------------------
QUOTE (The Narrator from The Stanley Parable)
Stanley was fat and ugly and really, really stupid. He probably only got his job because of a family connection, that's how stupid he is. That, or with drug money. Also, Stanley is addicted to drugs and hookers.
+Quote Post

117 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:26 AM