> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #1
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Sep 11 2011, 08:27 PM
I'm nothing if not a nice guy. Despite my hyperbolic demeanour, I'm a charitable fellow, and I know how frustrating it can be when a crowd of haters prevents you from discussing something you like.

So here's this thread; since we have enough people here who actually watch, and enjoy, this show, here's your thread to legitimately discuss it, what you like, what you wanna show each other, etc.

So, all you My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fans at Project AFTER, this is your thread. Go nuts. And to everyone else here who doesn't like the show--and this is key--keep all hatery in the other thread. This is not your thread.

To everyone else, enjoy!

--------------------

Thereís no free speech in this country anymore. Especially not for the gainfully employed. In 21st century America, our most cherished freedoms now only apply to the unproductive members of society. Rather than being a nation of laws presided over by great men, weíre instead ruled by the whimsical outrage of degenerates who spend their lives on Twitter, stalking and harassing our best and brightest without consequence, because they donít have a job thatíll fire them.
~Justine Tunney
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Group: Members
Member No.: 445

post Sep 11 2011, 08:35 PM
Can't we all just get along and find a happy plane of existence where we prematurely blow our loads while talking about cartoon horses?

Is that not the message of....

...ah fuck it, I appreciate the thought.

Anyway, Pinkie Pie is my favorite, of the main six anyway.

This post has been edited by Tonfa: Sep 11 2011, 08:36 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
ófrom Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #3
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

post Sep 11 2011, 09:02 PM
I don't really see why we need this thread. Always thought that there was an understanding between the people who like and the people who do not like the show. Figured one thread was enough for everybody. After all, there hadn't actually been any real complaining about the overabundance of love/hate. The fact that so many people with so many different opinions can flourish here on PA is a source of pride to me, and the other thread--now the "We Hate MLP Thread"--met both of those group's needs.

I guess I'll humor Shmeckie for a little while, but let it be known that I don't agree with this. At all.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for Applejack, because I too speak like a stereotypical heartland farmer from time to time.

Sweet Jesus, my testicles just shrunk by twenty percent.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #4
oneluckyduck

Quack!

Member No.: 438

post Sep 11 2011, 09:02 PM
I like the toys. It's hard to rip Applejack's head off, even when she looks like Pinky Pie. <3
And by "it's hard to", I mean that that figurine is made for determined toddlers, not that I mentally can't do it.

--------------------
"I was getting all pumped for hot pizza bondage and cocaine action"
+Quote Post
Post #5
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Sep 11 2011, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Sep 12 2011, 01:02 AM)
I don't really see why we need this thread. Always thought that there was an understanding between the people who like and the people who do not like the show. Figured one thread was enough for everybody. After all, there hadn't actually been any real complaining about the overabundance of love/hate. The fact that so many people with so many different opinions can flourish here on PA is a source of pride to me, and the other thread--now the "We Hate MLP Thread"--met both of those group's needs.

No, it didn't. Face it, the MLP thread was a hive of hate and snarkiness and brony-bashing and was never gonna be anything but that. I figured it'd only be fair to give the folks who like the show a place to discuss it, 'cause that sure wasn't gonna happen in the other thread.

--------------------

Thereís no free speech in this country anymore. Especially not for the gainfully employed. In 21st century America, our most cherished freedoms now only apply to the unproductive members of society. Rather than being a nation of laws presided over by great men, weíre instead ruled by the whimsical outrage of degenerates who spend their lives on Twitter, stalking and harassing our best and brightest without consequence, because they donít have a job thatíll fire them.
~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #6
Al_Cone

Group Icon

post Sep 11 2011, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 11 2011, 10:10 PM)
No, it didn't. Face it, the MLP thread was a hive of hate and snarkiness and brony-bashing and was never gonna be anything but that. I figured it'd only be fair to give the folks who like the show a place to discuss it, 'cause that sure wasn't gonna happen in the other thread.

It happened repeatedly, just not as often as the bashing. I mean, c'mon, we're all grown-ups mature reasonable people relatively stable and not at all psychotic more or less tolerant of one another's quirks, likes and dislikes, to the point where we've never--to my knowledge--had to segregate a thread like this between fans and haters. We--a forum populated by men, women and whatever the fuck Ducky is who band together to make fun of people who do stupid things--are ironically far more tolerant of dissenting or differing opinions than the MLP fanbase.

Further, it's pretty much unanimous on here that bronies are laughable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #7
Master of AFTER

Name: N/A
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Sep 11 2011, 10:04 PM
Haha, I knew Shmeckie hated the show itself just as much as he hated its fanbase! Still, creating a pro-pony thread is the most selfless thing I've seen him do in a long while, so I'd like to think that maybe, in some small way, the magic of friendship touched his ice-cold heart.

--------------------

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
ó Dean Martin
+Quote Post
Post #8
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Sep 11 2011, 10:07 PM
I don't hate the show. But this is not the thread for that.

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #9
Gold_TSG

COME ON!

Member No.: 521

post Sep 12 2011, 12:41 AM
Shmeckie doesn't hate something? Something is wrong here... I think hell just got a little colder...

--------------------
Gold: *pokes your corpse*
Shmeckie: Sorry, I was doing someone
Shmeckie: SOMETHING
Shmeckie: DOING SOMETHING!
Gold: HAHAHA!!
+Quote Post
Post #10
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Sep 12 2011, 12:50 AM
Why do we even need a thread to discuss/appreciate the show? I am taking my stand with Al Cone here. And if that was meant as a nice gesture I am going to say it was unnecessary. (I appreciate it but still...) Partly because the people of PA who "enjoy" the show are not the people who also go all "OH MY GOD, DID YOU WATCH THE LAST EPISODE? WASN`T THE SONG THEY PLAYED THERE AWESOME!!ß!$!!!! on any board.

This post has been edited by Maniak: Sep 12 2011, 12:51 AM

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #11
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Sep 12 2011, 12:57 AM
Yes, because we don't have any threads for shit we like where we congregate, sing said shit's praises, update with our thoughts on the latest episode/chapter/oh wait yes we do.

I am trying to let the pony fans like their ponies. Let them like their ponies in peace. If you want to argue the existance of this thread, take it up with me in PM and I will tell you why you're wrong.

This post has been edited by Shmeckie: Sep 12 2011, 12:58 AM

--------------------

~Justine Tunney
+Quote Post
Post #12
Master of AFTER

Name: N/A
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Sep 12 2011, 04:05 AM
Poor Shmeckie just can't catch a break.

Okay, guess it's time to pull rank here. Everybody quit whining and either use the thread or don't. If nobody wants to discuss ponies then the thread will die off quickly enough as it gets buried beneath more active ones. Otherwise, enjoy having a safe haven to talk about something you enjoy where nobody's going to make fun of you directly for it.

You see, I've come to realize that what makes the Bronies so obnoxious isn't their fondness for a cartoon show; it's their obsession with forcibly elevating said show to phenomenon status because it happens to be the centerpiece of their little e-cult where they can be unconditionally welcomed and accepted as part of a group regardless of their faults as long as they swear allegiance to the Almighty Pony and pledge to recruit others into the collective identityóagainst their will if need be. After awhile, it stops being about a cartoon and becomes about people so consumed by their own insecurities that they make it their mission to erase all possible causes of doubt regarding the decisions they've made by attacking anything that questions them or their Scientologist Brony brethren. Which is a real shame when you think about it, since it effectively takes a harmless guilty pleasure and turns it into something much darker due its unfortunate connection with creepily obsessed nutjobs. Then again, anyone here who likes anime should already know what that feels like to a large extent...

As for MLP itself, I don't think the nature of its appeal is really so difficult to figure out. There is the potent force of corporate marketing at work here, after all, and the simple truth is some of the things little girls like happen to be things that a wide range of people outside that demographic also like. The ponies themselves are damn adorable; with their big eyes, little upturned snouts, and small, rounded bodies, their designs have been scientifically engineered to be as cute as possible without sending audience members into diabetic comas. And I've spent enough time downloading Pusheen gifs to know that even the manliest of men have a soft spot for cute animal characters. Combined with the show's sky-high production values and surprisingly gender-neutral aesthetic, it's little wonder that MLP has gained viewers outside of its target demographic. And based on Hasbro's reception to the adult fanbase, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if some of that was done on purpose.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't be embarrassed about liking the ponies. Just keep it to a casual interest and don't get weird about it, otherwise I'll cart your ass off to the glue factory myself.

--------------------

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
ó Dean Martin
+Quote Post
Post #13
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Sep 12 2011, 04:40 AM
I know how frustrating it can be when a crowd of haters prevents you from discussing something you like.

QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 12 2011, 12:10 AM)
No, it didn't. Face it, the MLP thread was a hive of hate and snarkiness and brony-bashing and was never gonna be anything but that.

Don't act like you don't see me.

This post has been edited by Tonfa: Sep 12 2011, 04:45 AM

--------------------
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
+Quote Post
Post #14
T_K_17

LADIES.

Member No.: 192

post Sep 12 2011, 07:29 AM
I only refer to myself as a brony because I refuse to let that extremely clever pun be used exclusively to refer to people who take their love of the show too far. It's not DA BEST cartoon, but I still like it and that's that.

Anyway, my favorite pony is Pinkie Pie, even though honestly I don't like most of her songs except for Giggle at the Ghosty and Fluttershy's rendition of Evil Enchantress.

--------------------

Mocks:
1. Digiball Z - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (f)
2. Saiyaman (f)
3. Saiyaman 2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
4. Teen Titans vs Project AFTER - 2 3 (f)
5. Desires Unspoken - Deluxe Special Edition (f)
6. TK versus Birdboy | Fandom | Empire - Part 1
7. Garden of EVA - Sucks Everybody! (f)
8. What is War? - 1 2
9. My Little Unicorn: Star Fleet Magic - 1 2
+Quote Post
Post #15
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Sep 12 2011, 09:00 AM
QUOTE (T_K_17 @ Sep 12 2011, 10:29 AM)
I only refer to myself as a brony because I refuse to let that extremely clever pun be used exclusively to refer to people who take their love of  the show too far.

Its kind of a shame really. I've used the word "brony" between me and my real life brother long long long before the show started.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #16
Al_Cone

Group Icon

post Sep 12 2011, 09:08 AM
QUOTE (Tonfa @ Sep 12 2011, 10:00 AM)
Its kind of a shame really. I've used the word "brony" between me and my real life brother long long long before the show started.

Someone photoshop thick-rimmed glasses and that caption onto a picture of Tonfa, because Hipster Tonfa is a fucking meme, by decree.

You know what I find odd? The only cast member who does all of her own singing is Ashleigh Ball (Applejack and Rainbow Dash). Andrea Libman sings for Fluttershy and not Pinkie Pie, Rarity's singer is some Asian lady, and Tara Strong--to my utter shock--does not sing for Twilight Sparkle.

That last one's especially weird, because Tara Strong. If she could sing as Bubbles, she should be able to sing as Twilight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #17
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Sep 12 2011, 09:17 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Sep 12 2011, 12:08 PM)
Someone photoshop thick-rimmed glasses and that caption onto a picture of Tonfa, because Hipster Tonfa is a fucking meme, by decree.

I'm still waiting on my theoretical royalty check from the fanbase.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #18
The Chosen

Extreme Member

Member No.: 165

post Sep 12 2011, 10:12 AM
I figure it's time for me to come clean as well. I like the show. I've watched the whole season 3 times and have bookmarked Equestria Daily. I've even been feeling less depressed since I started watching.

I am sorry, Project AFTER. I have failed you.

By the way, I do not consider myself a brony. As Maniak's "CMC Gore" mock pointed out, bronies are the ones who like the show only because of all the sick shit it inspires them to pump out. I am just a fan.

This post has been edited by The Chosen: Sep 12 2011, 10:19 AM

--------------------
Cor cordis
+Quote Post
Post #19
Al_Cone

Group Icon

post Sep 12 2011, 03:12 PM
Oh hey, so apparently, the show's spiffy new villain is going to be played by John de Lancie.

Attached Image

Suddenly, I'm actually excited.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #20
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Sep 12 2011, 06:00 PM
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/my-...eason-two-clip/

I...

honestly endorse it.

I think I'm legitimately going to like this fucknut of a character.

--------------------

+Quote Post

118 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
300_468x60banner
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 01:17 AM