> Regular Show, It's anything but...
Post #1
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Group: Members
Member No.: 445

post Mar 2 2011, 03:53 PM
Enter Regular Show.

The brainchild of JG Quintel, whose done work on other CN shows such as Flapjack and Adventure Time.

As the title suggests, its just that, a regular show.

A regular show about a 23 year old blue jay and raccoon by the names of Mordecai and Rigby respectively. They work (a term used very loosely given their slacker nature) as groundskeepers in a park alongside a large headed Englishman named Pops, a wise, skipping Yeti named..."Skips" whose voiced by Luke Skywalker himself, and the park manager/boss Benson who is constantly getting on their case, threatening to fire them at almost any moment. He also happens to be an anthropomorphic gumball machine.

If all these guys sound like something out of a bad acid trip, well...thats because it is.

This is a good show.

It manages to be funny and low key at the same time, the characters are enjoyable, and it drops licensed 80's rock from time to time.

You all need to be watching Regular Show regularly.

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
ófrom Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
Neko_Maid

WH4T 1S JUST1C3

Member No.: 332

post Mar 2 2011, 04:08 PM
I love this series. I used to hate it until my cousin made me sit down and watch Prank Callers.

"The 80's called, they want their cellphones back!"

and that is when i shat myself like two million times

everyone needs to watch this
everyone

This post has been edited by Neko_Maid: Mar 2 2011, 04:15 PM

--------------------
"That Ms. Paint is one classy Prospitian lady. She is the model of grace and beauty. I am always a bit flustered in her presence, especially when she carries her little pail around like that.

Whereas THIS lazy sack of crap here makes me sick to my stomach.

Cal, God damn it. We were all supposed to dress up for this. It doesn't look like you even touched that nice suit I sewed for you, let alone swapped your eyes with those billiard balls and make them alternate rapidly.

This insubordination is putting me in a foul mood. It's bad enough I just had to take Falcor out behind the woodshed and blow his brains out after he caught the rabies."

+Quote Post
Post #3
Badass Overlord

I aim with my eye. I shoot with my mind. I kill with my heart.

Member No.: 235

post Mar 2 2011, 04:14 PM
That was pretty damn funny.

--------------------

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.Ē

Commala-come-come,
The battle's now begun!
And all the foes of men and rose
Rise with the setting sun.

I am He who howls in the night; I am He who moans in the snow; I am He who hath never seen light; I am He who mounts from below.
My car is the car of Death; My wings are the wings of dread; My breath is the north windís breath; My prey are the cold and the dead.
- Psychopompos
+Quote Post
Post #4
T_K_17

LADIES.

Member No.: 192

post Mar 2 2011, 04:42 PM
I've only seen bits and pieces so far, but that alone has proven to me that Cartoon Network isn't completely out of good material yet.

--------------------

Mocks:
1. Digiball Z - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (f)
2. Saiyaman (f)
3. Saiyaman 2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
4. Teen Titans vs Project AFTER - 2 3 (f)
5. Desires Unspoken - Deluxe Special Edition (f)
6. TK versus Birdboy | Fandom | Empire - Part 1
7. Garden of EVA - Sucks Everybody! (f)
8. What is War? - 1 2
9. My Little Unicorn: Star Fleet Magic - 1 2
+Quote Post
Post #5
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Mar 2 2011, 04:46 PM
In case anyone needs a place to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYUhzOLS8M

--------------------
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
+Quote Post
Post #6
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Mar 2 2011, 05:43 PM
You introduced me to this fine program. You know how I feel about it.

BROS! BROS! BROS! BROS! BROS! BROS! BROS!

--------------------

Dad taught me to never give up. And when it comes to women, never take 'no' for an answer, and only sometimes take 'get off me' or 'I'm calling the police' for an answer.
~Christopher Titus
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #7
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Mar 2 2011, 08:34 PM
I think my favorite episodes at the moment would be "Just Set Up The Chairs", "Meat Your Maker", and one of the more recent ones "High Score"--

If only for Mordecai and Rigby getting challenged from a giant, disembodied head of Billy Mitchell to an intense game of Excitebike

This post has been edited by Tonfa: Mar 2 2011, 08:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #8
Master of AFTER

-SIGN-
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Mar 3 2011, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (Tonfa @ Mar 2 2011, 04:46 PM)
In case anyone needs a place to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYUhzOLS8M

"How in the 'H' are we gonna fix this 'S'?"

THIS aired on Cartoon Network? During primetime!? I love it.

I've seen promos for this show and read Destructoid's write-up on its various retro gaming homages, but I've never watched an episode until now. Damn, they nailed the mid-twenties male demographic perfectly. This show seems heartily amusing, plus it's nice to see a cartoon (not an "animated comedy", but an honest-to-God cartoon) blatantly aimed at viewers over the age of thirteen. I'll have to start watching this.

--------------------

"Ponies, man. They made us all idiots." - Hambone
+Quote Post
Post #9
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Mar 3 2011, 06:15 AM
Yeah, the amount of stuff they get away with is quite remarkable. And not just lightweight swears like "crap" or "pissed", Some of the lines are pretty risque to say the least.

"It takes more than expired soda to make a party, it takes guests with breasts and mine don't count."

This post has been edited by Tonfa: Mar 3 2011, 10:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #10
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Mar 3 2011, 09:40 AM
DON'T LOOK AT OUR CROTCHES WHILE WE SYNCHRONIZE OUR WATCHES!

--------------------

Dad taught me to never give up. And when it comes to women, never take 'no' for an answer, and only sometimes take 'get off me' or 'I'm calling the police' for an answer.
~Christopher Titus
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #11
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Mar 3 2011, 10:30 AM
and of course...

"Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #12
Neko_Maid

WH4T 1S JUST1C3

post Mar 3 2011, 01:10 PM
This show is just a goldmine of comedy okay.

Like the Brain Erasers episode, what with naked pops, the clerk, mind erasing anime parody, and implied Benson boner at the very end.

barely anyone has seen this episode because it went unadvertised on CN, and was on a friday. It will probably never get reruns, they were barely allowed to show it the first time. Sadfrog.jpg ;-;

--------------------
"That Ms. Paint is one classy Prospitian lady. She is the model of grace and beauty. I am always a bit flustered in her presence, especially when she carries her little pail around like that.

Cal, God damn it. We were all supposed to dress up for this. It doesn't look like you even touched that nice suit I sewed for you, let alone swapped your eyes with those billiard balls and make them alternate rapidly.

This insubordination is putting me in a foul mood. It's bad enough I just had to take Falcor out behind the woodshed and blow his brains out after he caught the rabies."

+Quote Post
Post #13
NiGHTS Noob

Hackers got nothing on me

Member No.: 210

post Mar 3 2011, 05:11 PM
My boss was telling me about that episode today at work.

I have an awesome boss.

--------------------
QUOTE (Some dude at Mangafox)
Did I mention that one time I hacked into the CIA's central files using only an NES and a Power Glove? Yep, that was pretty cool.
+Quote Post
Post #14
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Circus Fairy
Group Icon

Member No.: 125

post Mar 3 2011, 07:45 PM
Given all the crap CN has been shoveling out, I was very reluctant in watching this show, but thanks for convincing me to give it a chance. It's surreal but it doesn't go overboard and there's a subtly to the cruder/risque aspects. And in case that Brain Eraser episode never gets aired again, here's the video. (Damn it was funny.)

--------------------

"Rock and Roll is supposed to piss your parents off."-Trent Reznor
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #15
Neko_Maid

WH4T 1S JUST1C3

post Mar 3 2011, 07:54 PM
QUOTE (Yaoi Huntress Earth @ Mar 3 2011, 10:45 PM)
And in case that Brain Eraser episode never gets aired again, here's the video. (Damn it was funny.)

I love you, YHE. <333

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #16
Master of AFTER

-SIGN-
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Mar 3 2011, 08:00 PM
I watched a couple more episodes via On Demand this afternoon, including one where a starry-eyed hobo voiced by Steven Blum heroically sacrifices himself by driving a limousine into the high heels of a gigantic, slave-driving corporate manager who literally crawled out of Hell.

This is such a great show.

--------------------

"Ponies, man. They made us all idiots." - Hambone
+Quote Post
Post #17
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Mar 3 2011, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Yaoi Huntress Earth @ Mar 3 2011, 10:45 PM)
Given all the crap CN has been shoveling out, I was very reluctant in watching this show, but thanks for convincing me to give it a chance. It's surreal but it doesn't go overboard and there's a subtly to the cruder/risque aspects. And in case that Brain Eraser episode never gets aired again, here's the video. (Damn it was funny.)

Oh My God

THATS why it went unadvertised.

Everyone go watch it NOW

I highly doubt they'll ever rerun that episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #18
Mysty

Flipping the fuck out

Member No.: 140

post Mar 4 2011, 04:52 AM
Never seen it before, but I watched the video for the Brain Eraser episode YHE linked to, and it does seem pretty awesome. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from the brain that came up with Flapjack and Adventure Time. Seems like he's getting braver with each show they give him.

--------------------
"Ye cats, those televangelists from the '90s were right all along!"
+Quote Post
Post #19
P Dot Alex

The Only Thing I Know For Real

Member No.: 373

post Mar 4 2011, 05:10 AM
Kay, that was fucking hilarious.

--------------------
I got one of these. C'mon, don't be shy.

"I am very edgy" - Dakari King Mykan.
+Quote Post
Post #20
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

post Mar 4 2011, 06:43 AM
QUOTE (Mysty @ Mar 4 2011, 07:52 AM)
Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from the brain that came up with Flapjack and Adventure Time.  Seems like he's getting braver with each show they give him.

Quintel didn't come up with either of those shows.

Flapjack was Thurop Van Orman's creation and Adventure Time was by Pendleton Ward. He has made some contributions to both of them though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:20 AM