Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That Guy With the Glasses, The reviewers and the media they bash
Post #41
P Dot Alex

I couldn't help myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 373

post Feb 10 2011, 02:28 AM
This page doesn't exclusively talk about TGWTG, but they have a strong focus on them and their fanbase.

--------------------
I got one of these. C'mon, don't be shy.

"I am very edgy" - Dakari King Mykan.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #42
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Feb 10 2011, 03:03 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Feb 10 2011, 04:44 AM)
Also... well, let me put it up like this: many pepe are at the moment complaining about internet critics coming up with to many "owncharacters" in their reviews. After all, Dr. Insano has become annoying in the eyes of many. But this 80s Dan thin is in my opinion Dr. Insano with his own show.

It's not the characters themselves that's the problem, it's the overuse of them. That's the entire reason I don't use Terry in every episode of KUSO!

QUOTE (P Dot Alex @ Feb 10 2011, 06:28 AM)

And it's also incredibly pissy and a waste of everyone's time.

This post has been edited by Shmeckie: Feb 10 2011, 03:24 AM

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #43
Yaoi Huntress Earth

In the name of the moon
Group Icon

Member No.: 125

post Feb 10 2011, 01:44 PM
Thankfully it seems that NC is starting to cut down more on the guest stars. As Linkara, I think one of his best reviews was of the Kool-Aid Man comic myself.

This post has been edited by Yaoi Huntress Earth: Feb 10 2011, 01:45 PM

--------------------
"Bad times don't last, but bad guys do."-Scott Hall
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #44
P Dot Alex

I couldn't help myself

Member No.: 373

post Feb 10 2011, 01:58 PM
MikeJ's latest video was pretty funny. Helps that it didn't have a cameo.

Yes, I hate these things so much.

--------------------
I got one of these. C'mon, don't be shy.

"I am very edgy" - Dakari King Mykan.
+Quote Post
Post #45
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Feb 10 2011, 02:30 PM
MikeJ rarely has cameos. Unless you count... What he calls a "cameo"...

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
+Quote Post
Post #46
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Feb 10 2011, 10:18 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Feb 10 2011, 11:30 PM)
MikeJ rarely has cameos. Unless you count... What he calls a "cameo"...

Wasn`t there the one with GuruJ?
Okay, tht was the only one so far and only on christmas last year, so I guess "okay". After all, he doesn`t overuse it.

I think the biggest "crossover offender" is unfortunately Linkara. I like the guy`s comments, but he is for me the one member of TGWTG that shows up in more videos as cameo then anybody else. Or he lets people show up in his videos.
I think the latest one where I also thought that was just a pointless was on Nash`s WTFIWWY during MagFest. But that was also mostly because the last minutes of this vidoe in general were not funny.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #47
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Feb 11 2011, 01:13 AM
To be fair, Linkara's cameoing is a bit of a running gag now; supposedly, you're not REALLY a part of the site until Linkara appears in one of your videos.

--------------------

~Quentin Tarantino
+Quote Post
Post #48
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

post Feb 11 2011, 07:55 AM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Feb 11 2011, 02:13 AM)
To be fair, Linkara's cameoing is a bit of a running gag now; supposedly, you're not REALLY a part of the site until Linkara appears in one of your videos.

Like a really whiny, nasaly rite of passage.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #49
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Feb 11 2011, 08:28 PM
Thought I should mention this; I submitted KUSO! to TGWTG. Got a response back from Rob Walker. He likes the show, thinks it's funny, but apparently they're totally full up (save a few shows on their waiting list). But, they're going to be launching an Inked Reality site soon (like they did with Blistered Thumbs), and he asked me to resubmit then. I'm pretty much a shoe-in if I do.

So look forward to KUSO! on the future Inked Reality site, then.

--------------------

~Quentin Tarantino
+Quote Post
Post #50
Soren Highwind

Tankadillo

Member No.: 357

post Feb 11 2011, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Feb 11 2011, 11:28 PM)
Thought I should mention this; I submitted KUSO! to TGWTG. Got a response back from Rob Walker. He likes the show, thinks it's funny, but apparently they're totally full up (save a few shows on their waiting list). But, they're going to be launching an Inked Reality site soon (like they did with Blistered Thumbs), and he asked me to resubmit then. I'm pretty much a shoe-in if I do.

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations, dude.What YHE said. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Soren Highwind: Feb 11 2011, 08:46 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Paragon)
I want to make a t-shirt that says "Does your grandpa get the pussies wet?"

QUOTE (oneluckyduck)
Soren, you host the worst orgies.

QUOTE (Jackson_Fall)
You need to get that sweet pigeon-ass, Andrew.

Makeshift Jukebox (my tumblr; on hiatus)
+Quote Post
Post #51
Yaoi Huntress Earth

In the name of the moon
Group Icon

Member No.: 125

post Feb 11 2011, 08:41 PM
I hope it works out.

--------------------
"Bad times don't last, but bad guys do."-Scott Hall
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #52
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

post Feb 11 2011, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Feb 11 2011, 09:28 PM)

I look forward to hearing people complain about you in the future.

Also, if you ever see him, punch Film Brain in the testicles for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #53
Valkyrie

G-Cups full of Despair

Member No.: 241

post Feb 11 2011, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Feb 12 2011, 12:31 AM)
Also, if you ever see him, punch Film Brain and Iron Liz in the testicles for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #54
Gamer-e

Member No.: 147

post Feb 11 2011, 10:45 PM
QUOTE (Viashino_wizard @ Feb 10 2011, 01:03 AM)
Okay seriously, what is with the massive hate hardon for Linkara's girlfriend?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #55
Lizard-Man

Hyper Member

Member No.: 313

post Feb 11 2011, 11:07 PM
I was going to stay out of this, but here's my two cents on a few things:

Cameos: Why people complain about these is beyond me. "I don't want to see Likara in a Cinema Snob video! I just wanna see Cinema Snob!" Does that somehow affect the quality of the review? I don't think so. I don't see how a 2 minute scene of a person from another series somehow ruins the review or makes it less funny.

I also understand why they do it a bit. Its called cross promotion, not everyone watches every single show. Its a way to get people interested in more than one thing on the site. It's originally how more people learned about Linkara, through Spoony cameoing on his show. It's promotion material. Also its their way of supporting their fellow members, especially ones whose work they enjoy. There's nothing wrong with that, a good deal of them are all friends so they enjoy playing off one another.

I for one was introduced to Obscurus Lupa through NC, and it's an enjoyable series. Some of my favourite reviews are the crossover reviews. Like "Ultimate Warrior" and "Space Thunder Kids" or more recently "Leprechaun". So really, as long as I find them funny I don't see the problem with cameos or crossovers. I'd kill to get a cameo on Spoony or Linkara's shows. Its the kind of publicity that amateur internet celeberities dream of.

Linkara and His GF: I've already said my piece on that towards Al on TBRS. He knows how I feel. I'm just gonna repeat something about that and move on. I do not like ad hominem attacks. Insulting someone for their looks is rather pathetic. If you want to rag on someone, rag on them for not finding them funny or not enjoying their screentime, not cause they don't fit your definition of beauty.

I don't get Al's constant nitpicks at Linkara either, but that's how Al is and he's free not to like his show. It's more centered towards comic fans anyway. Al's never been much for comics as far as I know.

Spoony: I still find him funny, and I honestly think people give him a bit of a hard time. Granted he has a short temper with a lot of people, but considering how I've blown up a good number of times I can't really judge him.

Comedy: What one person finds is funny another could think is crap. For example I don't find Family Guy all that funny but it's still frickin popular. Comedy is subjective and differs fgrom person to person.

Busy Street: Like Shmeckie says, they're a bunch of wannabe ED Trolls and they're even less funny than them. That's saying something cause I don't really find ED very funny period. They (BS) exist solely for the purpose of getting rises out of people, their opinions are annoying, nonsensical and filled with circular or bad logic and they are largely unentertaining and incredibly creatively uninspired. I find their work and criticism to be utter junk and they are not worth anyone's time

I believe here on PA, our opinions and "reviews" are based on something deeper than simply "being trolls" as people like you know who would like others to believe. I mock the crap out of stories for the fun of it, and if an author is polite and nice to me I try to tone down my mocking as does Al. I'm not doing this because I think I'm a better writer or have some kind of literary authority over others. I do this cause I like to make people laugh or at least want to.

I that way I think I have quite a bit in common with TGWTG, in that many of them are just people who want to make people laugh, inform them and humbly enjoy the fact others listen to their little opinions and take them seriously.

I see nothing wrong with that and therefore I largely disagree with a good deal of criticisms leveled their way. I apologise if this post at any time seemed hostile or rude. My intention was to lay down my thoughts. I haven't been in the mood lately for TGWTG criticism, I think Al picked the worst possible time to start poking fun at people who are less attractive than him simply because his anonimity on the internet allows him too. I've always strived to be better than that in many cases. I don't always succeed admitedly, but I try. Point is, this was probably not the best time for me to hear any of this and it touched a nerve.

You're all free to dislike or hate certain reviewers on the site, I simply don't agree with a number of your assesments about them. I thank you for your time and appreciate you listening. Thank you.

--------------------
"Hi I'm Harold, the Tree's name is Bob."

Visit Lizard-Man's Blog "The Lagoon of the Lizard-Man"
"Reviews and Let's Plays all starring the lovable Reptillian Lizard-Man"

Mocks

Musical: Things Change & The End : Here

Naruto: Ashbringer of Konoha : Here

Winters Wonderland : Here

If It Helps I know your Name : Here

We're Parents : Here

Sold! : Here

My Prince Returns : Here
+Quote Post
Post #56
T_K_17

#oh it's JUST tk

Member No.: 192

post Feb 11 2011, 11:22 PM
Just in case anyone misinterpreted my post on Iron Liz, I don't really actually have a problem with her. I was just surprised to find out that the lady was, well, a lady.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. If she and Linkara are happy together, then I wish 'em the best.

--------------------

Mocks:
1. Digiball Z - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (f)
2. Saiyaman (f)
3. Saiyaman 2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 <-- UPDATED
4. Teen Titans vs Project AFTER - 2 3 (f)
5. Desires Unspoken - Deluxe Special Edition (f)
6. TK versus Birdboy | Fandom | Empire - Part 1
7. Garden of EVA - Sucks Everybody! (f)
8. What is War? - 1 2
9. My Little Unicorn: Star Fleet Magic - 1 2
+Quote Post
Post #57
Gamer-e

Member No.: 147

post Feb 11 2011, 11:27 PM
The person I've seen criticize Linkara the most was Vader, for soapboxing about politics or some shit like that that I haven't noticed much of/at all... Is Al doing this elsewhere or am I just incredibly oblivious?

Two things I disagree with, though: While I don't like making personal attacks (in this case, in regards to appearance), I do find it okay to mock somebody for dressing incredibly silly.

The second thing is Family Guy. I know what people find funny is subjective, but Family Guy... I feel like I have to turn my brain off to enjoy most of what that show has to offer. South Park gave a pretty good explanation for the way it seems like most of the episodes after the second season in FG are created.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #58
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

post Feb 12 2011, 12:50 AM
My stance has always been that you don't mock a person's appearance until they've done something to deserve scorn. If they're a bad person, then go nuts with whatever ad hominem remark you wanna make, they deserve it. Until then, though, shut up 'cause lord knows the majority of people who talk shit about other people's looks on the internet ain't lookers themselves.

--------------------

~Quentin Tarantino
+Quote Post
Post #59
Lizard-Man

Hyper Member

Member No.: 313

post Feb 12 2011, 01:41 AM
QUOTE (T_K_17 @ Feb 11 2011, 11:27 PM)
The person I've seen criticize Linkara the most was Vader, for soapboxing about politics or some shit like that that I haven't noticed much of/at all... Is Al doing this elsewhere or am I just incredibly oblivious?

Two things I disagree with, though: While I don't like making personal attacks (in this case, in regards to appearance), I do find it okay to mock somebody for dressing incredibly silly.

The second thing is Family Guy. I know what people find funny is subjective, but Family Guy... I feel like I have to turn my brain off to enjoy most of what that show has to offer. South Park gave a pretty good explanation for the way it seems like most of the episodes after the second season in FG are created.

Considering he keeps saying he's nasally and he thinks the standards for dating him must be low, yes. To be honest though I think he's wrong on that account. You can always tell how popular a person is with the opposite sex by how much slash fiction there is of them. Why you think there's so much Sora/Riku or Superman/Batman fics out there?

I find Family guy largely unfunny myself. But I can't deny that it's still enjoyed by a good number of people, it's one of those unfortunate facts I have to admit. Like how Twilight is popular or that Friedberg and Seltzer actually have an audience. (I mean they're just idiots, at this point I can't blame them so much as I can blame their fans for continuing to like their shit.)

Hey fine, make fun of them for how they dress. But the amount of prodding has to be proportionate to how much they truly deserve it. I mean a dude who dresses up like Sailor Moon deserves a good deal of ridicule for his creepy ass choices.

--------------------
"Hi I'm Harold, the Tree's name is Bob."

Visit Lizard-Man's Blog "The Lagoon of the Lizard-Man"
"Reviews and Let's Plays all starring the lovable Reptillian Lizard-Man"

Mocks

Musical: Things Change & The End : Here

Naruto: Ashbringer of Konoha : Here

Winters Wonderland : Here

If It Helps I know your Name : Here

We're Parents : Here

Sold! : Here

My Prince Returns : Here
+Quote Post
Post #60
T_K_17

#oh it's JUST tk

Member No.: 192

post Feb 12 2011, 01:47 AM
Why does it say you're quoting me when you're quoting Gamer-e?

--------------------

Mocks:
1. Digiball Z - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (f)
2. Saiyaman (f)
3. Saiyaman 2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 <-- UPDATED
4. Teen Titans vs Project AFTER - 2 3 (f)
5. Desires Unspoken - Deluxe Special Edition (f)
6. TK versus Birdboy | Fandom | Empire - Part 1
7. Garden of EVA - Sucks Everybody! (f)
8. What is War? - 1 2
9. My Little Unicorn: Star Fleet Magic - 1 2
+Quote Post

108 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 08:27 PM