Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Movie Thread!
Post #1
The Two-One-Five

The Kung-Fu Hippie from Gansta City

Group: Members
Member No.: 212

post Jan 4 2009, 07:37 PM
Hey! You know that unimportant summer blockbuster that's not important to garner its own topic here at PA yet you want to discuss? Post about it here!

You know that movie that let you down yet it doesn't deserve it's own topic? Say how much it sucks here!

That being said, The Spirit was the last let down in movies for the previous year. Though I did enjoy the ass shot of what's her face.

PS: Forrest Gump is the greatest movie ever made. Anyone who doesn't agree is a communist

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
Badass Overlord

I aim with my eye. I shoot with my mind. I kill with my heart.

Member No.: 235

post Jan 4 2009, 08:04 PM
I never saw it, but we can all hope to say we hate it: Twilight. And if you don't, you are a fangirl and we will murder you... I think this poster sums everything up about this shitfest of a movie and a book... if you call it a book. We can give it to people who need help! And a life!

Another movie that should stay in its grave is: Howard the Duck. STAY AWAY FROM THIS (dare I call it) MOVIE!!!

The Ruins was pretty bad too. They break this one guy's legs off, with a rock. It also has living vines that I swear will rape people.

--------------------

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.”

Commala-come-come,
The battle's now begun!
And all the foes of men and rose
Rise with the setting sun.

I am He who howls in the night; I am He who moans in the snow; I am He who hath never seen light; I am He who mounts from below.
My car is the car of Death; My wings are the wings of dread; My breath is the north wind’s breath; My prey are the cold and the dead.
- Psychopompos
+Quote Post
Post #3
Viashino_wizard

That's a Jimmybean!

Member No.: 222

post Jan 4 2009, 08:25 PM
Well, the movie was significantly better, as the actors portrayed the characters the way they are instead of the way the fans and author masturbate to see them. Also they threw in ludicrously over-done smoke-machine effects, so I doubt they were taking it seriously anyways.

Doesn't change the fact my dog has left butt-stains on the carpet with more literary value.

--------------------
QUOTE (TigerEyes)
Change is mandatory. It's progress that's optional.

"Stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things are very popular but I'm a fan of extraordinary people trying to do ordinary things"
-Kelly Turnbull
+Quote Post
Post #4
The Two-One-Five

post Jan 4 2009, 08:39 PM
QUOTE (Badass Overlord @ Jan 4 2009, 09:04 PM)
Another movie that should stay in its grave is: Howard the Duck. STAY AWAY FROM THIS (dare I call it) MOVIE!!!

Howard The Duck? That's like the worlds first pro-furry movie!

You know what's a kick ass movie? First Blood! How the Italian Stallion has never won an Oscar, I'll never know. Fucking Academy!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #5
Kvitne

Oh Shitne!

Member No.: 129

post Jan 4 2009, 09:04 PM
I hope that Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day turns out to be a good movie. If they shit on my memories of the first movie I will fucking kill someone, I swear.

I never did go see The Spirit. Heard too many reviews of it being a shitty movie.

Yeah, Twilight... Just no. No no no no no. Terrible, shitty, should-be-fanfiction book will make terrible, shitty, should-be-fanfiction movie. 'Nuff said.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was a good movie. I really enjoyed that one.

Just recently saw I Heart Huckabees (meaning today). That's a pretty fucked-up film.

I just finished downloading Milk. I've heard good things about it. Hope it's not a waste of my time.

A couple other movies that I just saw recently that were good are Be Kind Rewind and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. See these movies. They are good.

Oh, and I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of complaining that Quantum of Solace wasn't a Bond film (it was, you fuckers). I will say that it wasn't as good as other Bond movies. I was disappointed, but just because there weren't that many gadgets and Q wasn't in it doesn't take away it's Bond-ness. It was a Bond film through and through. Just not a particularly good one.

Also, Prince Caspian is shitty as all hell. I want my 144 minutes back, dammit.

This post has been edited by Kvitne: Jan 4 2009, 09:09 PM
+Quote Post
Post #6
Badass Overlord

I aim with my eye. I shoot with my mind. I kill with my heart.

Member No.: 235

post Jan 4 2009, 09:14 PM
On Christmas Eve I watched some of The Apostle of John, it was terrible.

On New Years Eve, I was watching a Bond film for a little bit. I can't remember which one it was, but it was newer. I noticed that one evil dude (Some generic Mafia like boss) was the same guy who played Hagrid in Harry Potter, although he was surrounded by whores in the Bond movie.

--------------------

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.”

Commala-come-come,
The battle's now begun!
And all the foes of men and rose
Rise with the setting sun.

I am He who howls in the night; I am He who moans in the snow; I am He who hath never seen light; I am He who mounts from below.
My car is the car of Death; My wings are the wings of dread; My breath is the north wind’s breath; My prey are the cold and the dead.
- Psychopompos
+Quote Post
Post #7
The Two-One-Five

post Jan 4 2009, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (Kvitne @ Jan 4 2009, 10:04 PM)
I just finished downloading Milk. I've heard good things about it. Hope it's not a waste of my time.

Goddamn it, guys!

Is our generation so bad we complain about the shit we steal?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #8
Kvitne

Oh Shitne!

Member No.: 129

post Jan 4 2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah.

If it's a waste of my time that is. I don't like to waste my time.

This post has been edited by Kvitne: Jan 4 2009, 09:20 PM
+Quote Post
Post #9
The Hutch

The Great I Am

Member No.: 154

post Jan 5 2009, 09:00 AM
The remake of Death Race has got me ragin', despite how much I like Jason Statham, so if any of you get the chance (Or find a torrent or whatever), take a look at Death Race 2000.

Now, personally, I'm not against remakes. The problem with remakes is when the theme is very dated, in this case: the total downfall and desensitivity of society due to the cold war. Death Race falls along the same tier as The Day The Earth Stood Still for me, in that it's an extremely dated theme and any try to either resurrect that theme or to ignore it all together completely loses what the film was trying to convey.

The theme is very similar to Stephen King's "The Running Man" (Another embarrassing movie, but for different reasons). There is no explicit reason for the race other than it is simply entertainment. The race itself is a cross-country car race in which racers try to kill as many people as they can for points, and have sex at checkpoints. It's the right mix of humour, gore, and tits that make it an instant classic. While it was far from a masterpiece, it has its place in history as a great.

So fuck you, Death Race remake, get fucked and die.
+Quote Post
Post #10
The Two-One-Five

post Jan 5 2009, 09:58 AM
Speaking of remakes, I wonder what ever happened to that Evil Dead remake that was in the works?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #11
Linkmaster500

Member No.: 248

post Jan 5 2009, 10:55 AM
Twilight will, no has, fucking gone to hell. And it will stay there. And all fangirls will follow. I have fucking spoken. Argue, and you will die. FUCK YOU TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
I am a member of The Dark World. I come in peace.
+Quote Post
Post #12
The Hutch

The Great I Am

Member No.: 154

post Jan 5 2009, 11:02 AM
QUOTE (The Two-One-Five @ Jan 5 2009, 10:58 AM)
Speaking of remakes, I wonder what ever happened to that Evil Dead remake that was in the works?

It was canned due to poor fan response
+Quote Post
Post #13
Chocolate for Layla

Advanced Member

Member No.: 250

post Jan 5 2009, 01:15 PM
QUOTE (Badass Overlord @ Jan 4 2009, 08:04 PM)
I never saw it, but we can all hope to say we hate it: Twilight. And if you don't, you are a fangirl and we will murder you... I think this poster sums everything up about this shitfest of a movie and a book... if you call it a book. We can give it to people who need help! And a life!

I'm told RPattz had fun screwing around with people on-set. Read any interview with him and you'll hear him either complaining about Edward Cullen, saying how superficial the 'romance' of Twilight is, or calling Stephenie Meyer certifiable.

That said, it was fun to go near the end of its run in my town's theater. Me and five friends sitting in a near-empty show room was awesome.

--------------------
Nothing important has ever been said over the internet.- DeceasedCrab (Let's Play La Mulana)

Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.- The Grand List of Console RPG Cliches
+Quote Post
Post #14
Gamer-e

Member No.: 147

post Jan 5 2009, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Badass Overlord @ Jan 4 2009, 10:04 PM)

Why is it that a lot of girls seem to love girly men? I had no idea that Edward looked that gay...

This post has been edited by Gamer-e: Jan 5 2009, 01:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #15
stjimmy

Hyper Member

Member No.: 216

post Jan 5 2009, 02:36 PM
Has anybody heard anything about a 'Rising Stars' movie? I was just re-reading it recently and thought given that Comic movies are getting more and more popular, especially with Watchmen coming out since they're both prime examples of comics for growed-ups, and given Strasinsky's television roots, it might be a possibility.
but that's just me. What does the internet say?

--------------------
I'm a great believer of mankind. It's people I can't stand.
+Quote Post
Post #16
The Two-One-Five

post Jan 5 2009, 02:45 PM
QUOTE (stjimmy @ Jan 5 2009, 03:36 PM)
Has anybody heard anything about a 'Rising Stars' movie? I was just re-reading it recently and thought given that Comic movies are getting more and more popular, especially with Watchmen coming out since they're both prime examples of comics for growed-ups, and given Strasinsky's television roots, it might be a possibility.
but that's just me. What does the internet say?

Nope, fraid not. Though I do wonder who would they cast as Batman in a Movie adaptation for The Dark Knight Returns?

And is it just me, or can Pixar do no wrong?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #17
stjimmy

Hyper Member

Member No.: 216

post Jan 5 2009, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (The Two-One-Five @ Jan 5 2009, 11:45 PM)
Nope, fraid not. Though I do wonder who would they cast as Batman in a Movie adaptation for The Dark Knight Returns?

Adam West!
also, no it's not just you. Although it could just be us, maybe? Subject of Pixar, has anybody seen Wall-E and then seen the I-Chair feature on Top Gear? Am I the only one that sees the similarities there?

--------------------
I'm a great believer of mankind. It's people I can't stand.
+Quote Post
Post #18
Viashino_wizard

That's a Jimmybean!

Member No.: 222

post Jan 5 2009, 05:14 PM
Fun fact: Kung Fu Panda represented ancient China better than any Chinese animated film. Government meetings were had to discuss this.

--------------------
QUOTE (TigerEyes)
Change is mandatory. It's progress that's optional.

"Stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things are very popular but I'm a fan of extraordinary people trying to do ordinary things"
-Kelly Turnbull
+Quote Post
Post #19
The Two-One-Five

post Jan 5 2009, 07:32 PM
Speaking of China, why don't we have anymore propaganda films like Red Dawn? I would pay money to see Daffy or Bugs mess with Osama.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #20
Master of AFTER

What, me worry!?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Jan 5 2009, 07:55 PM
QUOTE (The Two-One-Five @ Jan 5 2009, 03:45 PM)

Cars.

--------------------

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Dean Martin
+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2014 - 04:03 PM