Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

123 Pages V  « < 121 122 123  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #2441
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 345

post Mar 5 2015, 10:07 AM
The premiere date for season 5 has been announced.
April 4th.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2442
Bonglorio

Ultimate Member

Member No.: 647

post Mar 5 2015, 04:46 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Mar 5 2015, 10:07 AM) *
The premiere date for season 5 has been announced.
April 4th.

Habsro please.

The horse is already dead.

Stop the beating.

--------------------
[9:09:06 PM] Soren Highwind: Please don't make me a dick cannibal shane.

[11:45:16 PM] Scream: i have become one with the slug
+Quote Post
Post #2443
Matto

3:<

Member No.: 470

post Mar 5 2015, 06:07 PM
The series is still running?

...Holy fuck, I thought it ended months ago. Shows how much I pay attention to these things.

--------------------
"I have no grudge against McDonalds but they are spergs who activated their aspergers. I am clearly in the right here and how dare they not take my input seriously." - Bonglorio

Matto's writings about vidya games:
Mario Mania:
#1, #2, Bob Chipman's personal Jesus, #4, #5

Game Reviews (In date order):
Okamiden, Link's Awakening DX, DoA: Dimensions, Donkey Kong '94, Star Fox, Kirby's Adventure, Star Fox 64, Pushmo, 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, TMNT 3: Manhatten Project, Crashmo, Super Metroid, DuckTales Remastered, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Yoshi's New Island, NES Remix, NES Remix 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Bayonetta 2, Expand Dong SNES 1st Edition
+Quote Post
Post #2444
TheLameGamer

Certifiably Batshit Insane

Member No.: 908

post Mar 5 2015, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (Matto @ Mar 5 2015, 08:07 PM) *
The series is still running?

...Holy fuck, I thought it ended months ago. Shows how much I pay attention to these things.

If I recall, it's currently the longest running show based on a Hasbro toyline. That includes the original Transformers and G.I. Joe cartoons.

Hopefully, Season 5 won't be bad. But I kind of feel as though seasonal rot is bound to set sooner or later, and with this being the first Hasbro cartoon to make it to this far, I'm betting on sooner.

--------------------
"Yes Daphne!" battlecries Frad, "Now go, and suck these balls till they bleed the glory of AMERICA!!!!!" - ComicsNix, Scooby Doo and the Trip of Lust
+Quote Post
Post #2445
TheOneAndOnly

Hail to the king, wenches

Member No.: 803

post Mar 5 2015, 06:22 PM

Wow. Starlight Glimmer. Another dark parallel to Twilight. But I am oddly enthusiastic for the Smooze thing. It looks like it'll be quite entertaining.

Though I'll hold thoughts for the hundredth episode and silently hope it isn't going to be Fandom Wank: The Movie.

This post has been edited by TheOneAndOnly: Mar 5 2015, 06:23 PM

--------------------
I'm the kind of guy who would spend all of his savings on lottery tickets, win the lottery, and then burn the money for his trash can fire because he lost his home betting on the lottery.

"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #2446
KingMan

Extreme Member

Member No.: 745

post Mar 5 2015, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ Mar 5 2015, 07:22 PM) *
Though I'll hold thoughts for the hundredth episode and silently hope it isn't going to be Fandom Wank: The Movie.

That could easily apply to the proposed 2017 movie as well, meaning that we might have two of them if the writers decide to go that route.

--------------------

"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie
"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2447
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Banged Green Arrow
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Mar 19 2015, 06:37 PM
QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ Mar 5 2015, 08:22 PM) *

Wow. Starlight Glimmer. Another dark parallel to Twilight. But I am oddly enthusiastic for the Smooze thing. It looks like it'll be quite entertaining.

I liked the G1 movie when I was a kid so there's a nostalgic interest in what the Smooze will be like. And the equalist society has potential.

--------------------
"Bad times don't last, but bad guys do."-Scott Hall
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #2448
TheOneAndOnly

post Apr 2 2015, 06:59 AM
Hasbro got into the April Fools Spirit.

I'm going to dump a bucket of ice water over my head.

--------------------
I'm the kind of guy who would spend all of his savings on lottery tickets, win the lottery, and then burn the money for his trash can fire because he lost his home betting on the lottery.

"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #2449
TheLameGamer

Certifiably Batshit Insane

Member No.: 908

post Apr 2 2015, 08:27 AM

--------------------
"Yes Daphne!" battlecries Frad, "Now go, and suck these balls till they bleed the glory of AMERICA!!!!!" - ComicsNix, Scooby Doo and the Trip of Lust
+Quote Post
Post #2450
Al_Cone

Phillip Banks, you should kick my butt
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

post Apr 2 2015, 09:17 AM
Did they seriously reference Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan?

Was that a reference they absolutely had to make?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #2451
T_K_17

#oh it's JUST tk

Member No.: 192

post Apr 2 2015, 10:52 AM
QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ Apr 2 2015, 07:59 AM) *
Hasbro got into the April Fools Spirit.

Call me crazy, but I think this might not actually be from Hasbro. Just a hunch.

--------------------

Mocks:
1. Digiball Z - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (f)
2. Saiyaman (f)
3. Saiyaman 2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
4. Teen Titans vs Project AFTER - 2 3 (f)
5. Desires Unspoken - Deluxe Special Edition (f)
6. TK versus Birdboy | Fandom | Empire - Part 1
7. Garden of EVA - Sucks Everybody! (f)
8. What is War? - 1 2
9. My Little Unicorn: Star Fleet Magic - 1 2
+Quote Post
Post #2452
TheOneAndOnly

post Apr 2 2015, 11:04 AM
QUOTE (T_K_17 @ Apr 2 2015, 11:52 AM) *
Call me crazy, but I think this might not actually be from Hasbro. Just a hunch.

Better make that two buckets of ice water then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2453
KingMan

Extreme Member

Member No.: 745

post Apr 4 2015, 02:42 PM
Here's the season 5 premiere. For those who care, watch it while you can, the poster plans to delete it in a day or two:

As far as MLP:FIM goes, I thought it was alright story. As far as actual storytelling goes, yeah nothing special. As Bonglorio accurately predicted, it was nothing that hasn't been covered before and, in some cases, better (Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron, Star Trek's "Return Of The Archons", a good chunk of songs from Rush's golden age, Ask Fury Belle and Linkara's "Nasty Cock Slut" fiasco immediately come to my mind). At least Twilight didn't go into a ten-minute long speech about the evils of conformity.

EDIT: Oh, as for the April Fool's video, I sympathize with the monster 100%. "Fuck that, I'm outta here!"

This post has been edited by KingMan: Apr 4 2015, 02:46 PM

--------------------

"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie
"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2454
TheOneAndOnly

post Apr 5 2015, 06:10 PM
Best part of the new episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2455
Shmeckie

Jewish Sensibilities!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Apr 7 2015, 02:50 AM
QUOTE (Bonglorio @ Feb 13 2015, 10:22 PM) *
You know what'd be a truly brave and subversive message for a kid's show? A pro-conformity message. Sit down. Shut the fuck up. Take your ritalin. That anime shirt is an open invitation for people to punch you.

They did that in the 1960's-70's and it was terrible. Just look up some of the rules cartoons were bound by, it was insane. People who disagreed with the crowd had to always be depicted as wrong.

The Get-Along Gang cartoon was the apex of this, and arguably its breaking point. A prominent cartoon writer who was forced to comply with these asinine rules would later go on to viciously satirize them when he was no longer bound by them.

You may be familiar with his jab at this era of cartoons (that he was a part of)...

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #2456
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Apr 7 2015, 03:53 AM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Apr 7 2015, 12:50 PM) *
They did that in the 1960's-70's and it was terrible. Just look up some of the rules cartoons were bound by, it was insane. People who disagreed with the crowd had to always be depicted as wrong.

The Get-Along Gang cartoon was the apex of this, and arguably its breaking point. A prominent cartoon writer who was forced to comply with these asinine rules would later go on to viciously satirize them when he was no longer bound by them.

You may be familiar with his jab at this era of cartoons (that he was a part of)...

God bless Mark Evanier.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #2457
Xoanon

WHO AM I?

From: That one house on Center Street. No, the other one. It's next to the high school and across from the Dairy Queen on the corner. What do you mean you've never been there? We went there with your dad that one time. Okay, then, how about...
Member No.: 1,157

post Apr 7 2015, 02:49 PM
So ideally, messages in kids cartoons should probably be more complex than just "fuck the police because fuck the police" or "step out of line and society will wreck your shit".

I'd go for something like "do what you want but remember that actions have consequences".

--------------------
Now, everybody—
+Quote Post
Post #2458
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Banged Green Arrow
Group Icon

Member No.: 125

post Apr 11 2015, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Apr 7 2015, 04:50 AM) *

The Buddy Bears were a stroke of genius. As a child of the 80's, I remember how even as a kid, that was annoying or how shows would get gutted (Real Ghostbusters) if the parents groups complained. Which is probably why parents were often adversaries in these cartoons just to get back at these people. Now that I think about it, could you imagine the reaction if a show like Avatar: The Last Airbender was made back then?

--------------------
"Bad times don't last, but bad guys do."-Scott Hall
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post

123 Pages V  « < 121 122 123
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2015 - 08:11 PM