Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #2341
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Group: Members
Member No.: 445

post Aug 16 2014, 04:55 PM
Well M.A. Larson is supposed to be really involved too and he's did a lot of stuff in the second season, which had most of my favorites.

By the way did I ever tell you guys about the time I made a killing in reselling rare pony merchandise?

Because I made a killing in reselling rare pony merchandise.

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
ófrom Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2342
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Member No.: 445

post Aug 16 2014, 05:03 PM
Most of that money will be used to fund a certain special project which won't be "officially" announced for some time though ;P

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Codyís ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. Itís him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. Itís him! He found me!"
ófrom Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #2343
TheLameGamer

Unikitty is Best Princess

Member No.: 908

post Aug 16 2014, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (Tonfa @ Aug 16 2014, 07:55 PM) *
Well M.A. Larson is supposed to be really involved too and he's did a lot of stuff in the second season, which had most of my favorites.

By the way did I ever tell you guys about the time I made a killing in reselling rare pony merchandise?

Because I made a killing in reselling rare pony merchandise.

I collect the regular Funko figurines, but those numbers kinda make me wish I'd bought some of variants too. That's a pretty damn big profit.

--------------------
"Yes Daphne!" battlecries Frad, "Now go, and suck these balls till they bleed the glory of AMERICA!!!!!" - ComicsNix, Scooby Doo and the Trip of Lust
+Quote Post
Post #2344
LordYAM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

post Aug 21 2014, 11:12 AM
So here are some more clips about the villains

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iffyj0eJCE0 (character intro. Also rarity's singing voice kazumi Evans voices the main villain. Just like when twilights singer voiced sunset shimmer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMexypkD3E (yet another villain song. Not a bad one buts let's just say the siren influence really shows here.)
+Quote Post
Post #2345
TheOneAndOnly

You seein' what I'm seein'?

Member No.: 803

post Aug 21 2014, 05:14 PM
God, my EYES.

--------------------
Fuck this, I'm having fun.

"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #2346
LordYAM

Advanced Member

post Aug 21 2014, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ Aug 21 2014, 06:14 PM) *
God, my EYES.

Yeah it's like they're trying to fetishize the villains.i get that they're sirens but seriously come on. Kazumi's Evans voice admittedly isn't to bad but the sexy movements....eh. There was also one bit where adagio is touching trixie in a way that will probably launch off a whole new ship (hell even the wiki lampshaded it)

This post has been edited by LordYAM: Aug 21 2014, 09:10 PM
+Quote Post
Post #2347
TheOneAndOnly

post Aug 21 2014, 06:17 PM
Not only that, but Christ their colors are some gaudy shit.

And of course none of the main characters are affected.

--------------------

"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #2348
KingMan

Extreme Member

Member No.: 745

post Aug 21 2014, 06:38 PM
So, will this pile of shit be better or worse than the first one?

--------------------
"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie

"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2349
Matthew Garcia91390123

Technologic

Member No.: 790

post Aug 21 2014, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Aug 21 2014, 07:38 PM) *
So, will this pile of shit be better or worse than the first one?

Betting on the latter.

--------------------
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me.

QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ May 9 2014, 12:12 AM) *
Cone, you post one more motherfucking pony meme outside of the designated MLP thread and I will find you and beat you so goddamn viciously that "Pinkie" will be what you nickname your toilet bowl after you spend the next six months pissing blood.
+Quote Post
Post #2350
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Aug 21 2014, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (Matthew Garcia91390123 @ Aug 22 2014, 04:54 AM) *
Betting on the latter.

Considering this thing is going to be a musical with stuff reminiscent of Jem, yes it will be bad. Considering the villains are (at least for me) a bit funny to watch and the thing seems to be self aware of its shit more... I at least hope it will be so bad it becomes entertaining.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #2351
LordYAM

Advanced Member

post Aug 21 2014, 11:08 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Aug 21 2014, 11:31 PM) *
Considering this thing is going to be a musical with stuff reminiscent of Jem, yes it will be bad. Considering the villains are (at least for me) a bit funny to watch and the thing seems to be self aware of its shit more... I at least hope it will be so bad it becomes entertaining.

You know the wiki made the Jem joke too (more specifically a photo had the caption Jem called. She wants her hair back.) So far I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm still wondering why they have the dazzlings (the villains) do sexual movements and walks.
Either way they are still more credible threats than Sunset Shimmer (she was just an entitled teenager with an ego who when forced to accept that no she's not entitled to shit and forced to accept that she's a horrible person (she's genuinely offended when twilight thought she would have actually hurt spike) breaks down and becomes penitent pretty damn quickly.) These girls already brainwashed the entire school into a frenzy via magic.

+Quote Post
Post #2352
Maniak

post Aug 22 2014, 12:00 AM
QUOTE (LordYAM @ Aug 22 2014, 09:08 AM) *
You know the wiki made the Jem joke too (more specifically a photo had the caption Jem called. She wants her hair back.) So far I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm still wondering why they have the dazzlings (the villains) do sexual movements and walks.

Based on the fact they are based on the sirens from greek mythology and they were going with a seductress theme... it fits, but I get what you mena. Heck, I saw people making fun of that stuff already somewhere else.
Also, if they are based on the sirens... does that mean we will actually get villains who are in fact hippogryphs? Cause in the actual mythology sirens are described as bird winged humanoids.

As for the brainwash everyone into a franzy thing... well, there is also THIS thing someone made by using clips of a former video with a song of Adagio and Co that is teased somewhere online. I get the feeling they don't even try to pretend to be "good" guys.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #2353
LordYAM

Advanced Member

post Aug 26 2014, 12:45 AM
Here's another clip. Sunset Shimmer's portrayal isÖ..interesting. She genuinely seems to have mellowed out, and is ashamed of what she's done. But she's getting shit for it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmnNNJkmcQY

I'm still kind of look forward to how the Dazzlings turn out. So far they more of a credible threat than Sunset (They've in sighted an angry mob and undid everything twilight did in the first film in less than three minutes, have abilities that might actually be dangerous, and seem far more ruthless than sunset).
+Quote Post
Post #2354
Maniak

post Aug 26 2014, 03:06 AM
QUOTE (LordYAM @ Aug 26 2014, 10:45 AM) *
Here's another clip. Sunset Shimmer's portrayal isÖ..interesting. She genuinely seems to have mellowed out, and is ashamed of what she's done. But she's getting shit for it as well.

So it is "Rdemption Quest for kids cartoons 101 for her". Yeah, I saw that coming from miles away.
Frankly, I am okay with it, cause as shitty of a villain as Sunset was in the first movie (she is pretty much the embodiment of all plotholes in it) I was always thinking the concept of Celestia's fallen student who has to get "friendship" kicked into her face would make for an okay character if handled okay.
So I am kinda looking forward to it, although I really don't have any hope it will be something spectacular. This is just going to play by the numbers and I am willing to give Dakari King Mykan a GOOD fanfic review if the thing differs from the following prediction I am now making:

1. the scene you showed is actually rather early on in the film, probably in the first seven minutes, after we saw the Dazzlings in the coffee shop. (it was paced a lot like an establishment shot if you get what I mean)
2. Sunset will try to make a good impression on the Dazzlings when showing the school, which will be sort of awkward and hint on what she did in the last movie, with her realizing how off the characters are.
3. Bullshit explanation by Sunset as of what may go on with the new students to the mane 5 after the cafeteria scene, explaining some random shit about magic she knows to bring Twilight back for help (and hopefully filling up a few plotholes of the last movie).
4. Her and Twilight having a moment down the movie that is going to be all awkward and with her feeling left out of the group, because now the others are paying her all the attention.
5. She gets a song number about how sad she is or some other shit because she is all alone
6. The Dazzlings try to make her join the dark side
7. She does some super heroic shit in the end because she does not want her fFRIENDZ to get hurt and earns the forgiveness of every student and stays in the human world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2355
LordYAM

Advanced Member

post Aug 27 2014, 01:50 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Aug 26 2014, 04:06 AM) *
So it is "Rdemption Quest for kids cartoons 101 for her". Yeah, I saw that coming from miles away.
Frankly, I am okay with it, cause as shitty of a villain as Sunset was in the first movie (she is pretty much the embodiment of all plotholes in it) I was always thinking the concept of Celestia's fallen student who has to get "friendship" kicked into her face would make for an okay character if handled okay.
So I am kinda looking forward to it, although I really don't have any hope it will be something spectacular. This is just going to play by the numbers and I am willing to give Dakari King Mykan a GOOD fanfic review if the thing differs from the following prediction I am now making:

1. the scene you showed is actually rather early on in the film, probably in the first seven minutes, after we saw the Dazzlings in the coffee shop. (it was paced a lot like an establishment shot if you get what I mean)
2. Sunset will try to make a good impression on the Dazzlings when showing the school, which will be sort of awkward and hint on what she did in the last movie, with her realizing how off the characters are.
3. Bullshit explanation by Sunset as of what may go on with the new students to the mane 5 after the cafeteria scene, explaining some random shit about magic she knows to bring Twilight back for help (and hopefully filling up a few plotholes of the last movie).
4. Her and Twilight having a moment down the movie that is going to be all awkward and with her feeling left out of the group, because now the others are paying her all the attention.
5. She gets a song number about how sad she is or some other shit because she is all alone
6. The Dazzlings try to make her join the dark side
7. She does some super heroic shit in the end because she does not want her fFRIENDZ to get hurt and earns the forgiveness of every student and stays in the human world.

I'd say within the first 20 minutes butt other than that you probably guessed the plot to a tee. On the other hand, Sunset's redemption sort of makes sense. All she ever was was a stupid spoiled entitled teenager. Being forced to acknowledge just how awful she truly was and the fact that she wasn't entitled pretty much broke her arrogance. And I like that she isn't magically accepted. She has to work at redemption.
+Quote Post
Post #2356
Maniak

post Aug 28 2014, 04:44 AM
QUOTE (LordYAM @ Aug 27 2014, 11:50 PM) *
I'd say within the first 20 minutes butt other than that you probably guessed the plot to a tee. On the other hand, Sunset's redemption sort of makes sense. All she ever was was a stupid spoiled entitled teenager. Being forced to acknowledge just how awful she truly was and the fact that she wasn't entitled pretty much broke her arrogance. And I like that she isn't magically accepted. She has to work at redemption.

Oh dont get me wrong. I may snark on it, but I will probably enjoy to see it.

As said, I actually don't hate the concept of her, but I thought the character was wasted in EQG. To make my opinion short: I believe the former student of Celestia wo has fallen from grace could have been an entertaining villain IF the first FiM related movie would have been set in Equestria itself and had her involved as a more active opponent. But unfortunately the animators decided to waste her as the boring high school alpha bitch that was barely in the movie and did most of the time stuff that would make other high school bitches look at her and tell her she could do better. And don't get me started on plotholes regarding her, like e.g. how she was able to live i the human world for years without money or any legal paper to back her existence up.
So yeah, I think they fucked up the villain part with her a year go.

That said, even if the entire redemption thing is just a b-plot at best, at least I may now get the other part with the character concept I would have wanted to see in context of the show: The "entitled bitch" coming to terms with what she did.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2357
Maniak

post Aug 29 2014, 10:15 PM
So, new clip is out

Well that song sucks more than my vacuum cleaner.
At least it confirms my first point I made, that the cofee shop sneak peek must follow number 1 very early on in the movie, probably before the 10 minute mark. And prediction number 2 may also be already set in stone.
I swear if more stuff gets leaked regarding that thing, I am going to write actual dialogue down and see if it matches with what happens on screen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2358
TheOneAndOnly

post Aug 30 2014, 03:50 AM
Seriously, just make the whole movie about Sunset Shimmer. Can the rock n' roll crap, it's going to be the same plot we've seen a million times over. I'd watch that in a heartbeat over what we're actually getting.

--------------------

+Quote Post

118 Pages V  « < 116 117 118
Reply to this topicStart new topic
300_468x60banner
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 03:37 PM