Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PA Forums Closing in August
Post #41
Doomlovesearth

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 986

post Jul 22 2017, 07:42 PM
So this site is closing down. That sucks, I'm gonna miss reading you guys mock bad fanfiction. Well thanks for the good laughs!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #42
Badass Overlord

Deltascape Deleter

Member No.: 235

post Jul 23 2017, 04:26 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Jul 22 2017, 12:57 PM) *
Does it have its own Arc?

Project AFTER really needs a Shitting On Arc thread...

No but we make fun of people like him.

Yes we do. Find all of Arcs dumb posts and make a thread about it. Now I want to find the post MoA made about why he got banned. Think it was in one of the Spam Topics...

--------------------
The Warring Triad
"Patience and penance. For millenia I have yearned to inact this vengeance! I am the end and the beginning! By my touch shall your wretched lives be blessed!" - Sephirot, the Fiend
"The unenlightened come...know you the full weight of death. Come forth, Scales of Revelation! I would know the weight of your souls. Can you bring... equilibrium?" - Sophia the Goddess
"Mine age of slumber is at an end. A thousand thousand suns may set, but the insult of mine imprisonment hath been etched upon mine eternal memory. I am come to mete out justice. To bestow the blessings of victory unending. I am Zurvan. He who standeth above all other gods. He who shall bring slaughter and ruin!" - Zurvan, the Demon
+Quote Post
Post #43
Caim

Paragon of Manliness

Member No.: 194

post Jul 23 2017, 07:48 AM
Even though I haven't really been around in...what like a year now?

It has been an honor shitposting with you all.

--------------------
"There's a recipe to a good hero, Hawke, it's like alchemy. Take one part down to earth, one part selfless nobility, two parts crazy fool, and season liberally with wild falsehoods. Let that percolate through a good audience for a while, and when you're done, you've got your hero".
+Quote Post
Post #44
Master of AFTER

Working, man.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Jul 24 2017, 02:48 AM
QUOTE (NiGHTS Noob @ Jul 18 2017, 11:35 PM) *
So if anyone fails to archive something before the forum goes down and needs it they can attempt to contact me. No guarantees, but I may be able to help in that instance.

My current name on Steam is Got Wings. On Discord I'm currently Grand_Ferik and my tag# is 5236. You can also try e-mailing me at omgknuxchoking@gmail.com

Moab, I'm guessing you already have some sort of plan, or something set up with another member, but assuming you don't/can't archive the sight you could hold onto my contact info and send people my way if they need something for whatever reason.

I already have my own plans for retaining an archive of this place, but I appreciate the offer nonetheless. Thanks, NiGHTS.

QUOTE (Badass Overlord @ Jul 23 2017, 05:26 AM) *
Now I want to find the post MoA made about why he got banned. Think it was in one of the Spam Topics...

Here you go.

As much of an ass as Arc could be at times, I have to take responsibility for the fact that at least a portion of his behavior was the result of weak leadership here. I should have shut his shit down months (if not years) before I did, but I never had the balls to deliver anything more severe than a verbal slap on the wrist over a private message. Arc kept repeating the same pattern of behavior because the empty threats he got weren't enough of a deterrent to change. The reason he lost it when he finally got suspended was probably due to shock as much as anything. I think the ban I finally administered was justified, but I regret the way I handled things with him prior to that.

I also have to say that although the self-aggrandizing nature of Arc's posts made him a productive lolcow, I don't think he deserves to be remembered as the most disruptive or destructive member this community has ever had. It's too late in the game now to manufacture new drama by naming names, but let's just say Arc definitely isn't the only person I made a huge mistake by not banning at the first (or second, or third) sign of trouble.

--------------------

"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Pablo Picasso
+Quote Post
Post #45
Al_Cone

That's right, Susan!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 162

post Jul 24 2017, 07:53 AM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Jul 24 2017, 03:48 AM) *
As much of an ass as Arc could be at times, I have to take responsibility for the fact that at least a portion of his behavior was the result of weak leadership here. I should have shut his shit down months (if not years) before I did, but I never had the balls to deliver anything more severe than a verbal slap on the wrist over a private message. Arc kept repeating the same pattern of behavior because the empty threats he got weren't enough of a deterrent to change. The reason he lost it when he finally got suspended was probably due to shock as much as anything. I think the ban I finally administered was justified, but I regret the way I handled things with him prior to that.

I also have to say that although the self-aggrandizing nature of Arc's posts made him a productive lolcow, I don't think he deserves to be remembered as the most disruptive or destructive member this community has ever had. It's too late in the game now to manufacture new drama by naming names, but let's just say Arc definitely isn't the only person I made a huge mistake by not banning at the first (or second, or third) sign of trouble.

Goddammit, Boss, we're trying to make this a happy, nostalgic romp through memory fucking lane, here!

More like Master of DOWNER, am I right?

--------------------
QUOTE (theabhorrentatrocity @ Aug 15 2015, 02:25 PM) *
daddy longleg spiders are scary as they're one of the most poisonous spiders so not much of an over reaction.

A list of mocks can now be found on my profile page!
+Quote Post
Post #46
NiGHTS Noob

Ys VIII Hell Yeah!

Member No.: 210

post Jul 24 2017, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Jul 24 2017, 06:48 AM) *
I already have my own plans for retaining an archive of this place, but I appreciate the offer nonetheless. Thanks, NiGHTS.

I was nearly certain that you did, but I didn't want to not say anything and then regret it later.

Also as far as I know I'm the only member of this forum that kept in touch with Arc after he left, but even I haven't chatted with him in a good 3 years or so. He may have had his misgivings in terms of contempt for the staff and a penchant for being consciously antagonistic towards anyone that he knew would fight back, but I dunno, I didn't dislike talking to the guy personally. I just happened to get along with him pretty well and never had to personally deal with any of that.

--------------------
QUOTE (Some dude at Mangafox)
Did I mention that one time I hacked into the CIA's central files using only an NES and a Power Glove? Yep, that was pretty cool.
+Quote Post
Post #47
SM2142

Mocking Apprentice

Member No.: 582

post Jul 31 2017, 08:52 AM
It was a pleasure to be part of such an awesome collection of people. Best of luck to all of you, wherever life leads you. I'll never forget the good times we had, the stories we mocked, and the genuine hilarity that we shared. You ran a great forum, Boss. Respect.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #48
T_K_17

#oh it's JUST tk
Group Icon

Group: Sponsors
Member No.: 192

post Aug 2 2017, 08:32 PM
This site meant a lot to me over the years. I don't think I've ever felt as connected with a community as I have with this one. Even though I haven't really been here in a while, I'm really going to miss it.

Goodness, I hope so. Some of the fanfics that were mocked here don't even exist elsewhere anymore.

--------------------
Mocks:
1. Digiball Z - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (f)
2. Saiyaman (f)
3. Saiyaman 2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 (f) <-- FINISHED
4. Teen Titans vs Project AFTER - 2 3 (f)
5. Desires Unspoken - Deluxe Special Edition (f)
6. TK versus Birdboy | Fandom | Empire - Part 1
7. Garden of EVA - Sucks Everybody! (f)
8. What is War? - 1 2
+Quote Post
Post #49
BalkinsMan

Member No.: 2,605

post Aug 8 2017, 09:07 PM
It's been a long time. Over the years I've heard whispers of shit from various people past and present who still either post here or lurk here. Occasionally looking in like when I check the facebook page of my home town pizza place, despite not having visited it in years. I didn't have as dramatic of a departure, but like the pizza place it consumed a stupid amount of my youth. I remember the original old guard. Sway, Requiem, Selatein, Nine, Rob, Question Marks, Muzzy Reberto, and Robert The Small. The laughs that used to be had. Those were really important back then. The hours reading things like MoA's Crush Yiff Destroy and the Sonic Passion Article (speaking of which is there any archive of these I could snag?), the fights with members of Sonic Passion, when Time Lady roamed the earth besieging both here and SOL, fighting with Shmeckie daily locked in a battle of who could be the biggest asshole, those were welcomed distractions from High School. There's a lot of memories on this old site. My home town pizza place closed earlier this year, I never intended to go back, and I was left with the same weird nostalgia as I do looking at the once small but obnoxiously active forum. So MoA, if you did anything right, you made this place certainly memorable.

It's kind of like looking at the end of Gungrave the anime. You knew it was coming after it was too late to stop. I wonder if I had voiced my disapproval of ol' tsundere-kun and his hive mind better, more maturely and a lot less antagonistically, if the forum wouldn't have had it's big schism because MoA wouldn't have been backed into a place where it was smack Arc or let him fragrantly disregard rules. Now it's finally at that closing sequence.

Farewell forums. Farewell MoA. Best wishes to all. Hope all your lives turned out great over the years and continue to be great.

-Arc

This post has been edited by BalkinsMan: Aug 8 2017, 09:07 PM
+Quote Post
Post #50
truthordeal

Advanced Member

Member No.: 631

post Aug 9 2017, 04:32 AM
Damn, this really is a reunion show.

Also, cool. I thought this place died when the site stopped reconnecting at the end of July.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #51
Al_Cone

That's right, Susan!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 162

post Aug 11 2017, 02:34 PM
QUOTE (BalkinsMan @ Aug 8 2017, 10:07 PM) *
It's been a long time. Over the years I've heard whispers of shit from various people past and present who still either post here or lurk here. Occasionally looking in like when I check the facebook page of my home town pizza place, despite not having visited it in years. I didn't have as dramatic of a departure, but like the pizza place it consumed a stupid amount of my youth. I remember the original old guard. Sway, Requiem, Selatein, Nine, Rob, Question Marks, Muzzy Reberto, and Robert The Small. The laughs that used to be had. Those were really important back then. The hours reading things like MoA's Crush Yiff Destroy and the Sonic Passion Article (speaking of which is there any archive of these I could snag?), the fights with members of Sonic Passion, when Time Lady roamed the earth besieging both here and SOL, fighting with Shmeckie daily locked in a battle of who could be the biggest asshole, those were welcomed distractions from High School. There's a lot of memories on this old site. My home town pizza place closed earlier this year, I never intended to go back, and I was left with the same weird nostalgia as I do looking at the once small but obnoxiously active forum. So MoA, if you did anything right, you made this place certainly memorable.

It's kind of like looking at the end of Gungrave the anime. You knew it was coming after it was too late to stop. I wonder if I had voiced my disapproval of ol' tsundere-kun and his hive mind better, more maturely and a lot less antagonistically, if the forum wouldn't have had it's big schism because MoA wouldn't have been backed into a place where it was smack Arc or let him fragrantly disregard rules. Now it's finally at that closing sequence.

Farewell forums. Farewell MoA. Best wishes to all. Hope all your lives turned out great over the years and continue to be great.

-Arc

Fuck shit, now I feel bad for crapping on him. I gotta take a huff from my ether rag right quick, to chase my feelings of remorse away. Hang on.

Attached Image

ah, that's the stuff... ohhhhh yeah...

--------------------
QUOTE (theabhorrentatrocity @ Aug 15 2015, 02:25 PM) *
daddy longleg spiders are scary as they're one of the most poisonous spiders so not much of an over reaction.

A list of mocks can now be found on my profile page!
+Quote Post
Post #52
Billybob Mcjoe

I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high functioning sociopath.

From: A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and strange lights dance in the sky while we all pretend to sleep...
Member No.: 1,976

post Aug 17 2017, 02:15 PM
Finally pushed my self to come back one last time. This site has brightened many a bad day for me, and made even the good ones that much better, I shall miss it dearly (cause I'm the emotional type who does that) I'm gonna go check out other sites of a similar nature now, but I just wanted to give one last goodbye to the best damn place oj the internet.

--------------------
I AM THE DARK LORD OF ALL, BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!
congratulations! You just found a mostly invisible message!

I have a tendency to act like a pretentious asshole without realizing it. If you think that's happening at any moment, feel free to just tell me.
+Quote Post
Post #53
Gamer-e

Member No.: 147

post Aug 18 2017, 01:58 AM
Wow, six years later and there's still a dedicated userbase! I even recognize some old faces outside of AFTER, himself. I doubt most of you will see this or even remember who I am, but it's nice to see you guys again!

Despite having only visited the main site and forums once or twice since I left and my departure being largely attributed to having very little in common with most of the community and a dislike of the constant heated political/moral debates, it's still sad to see one of the first and only online communities I've ever joined die like this. I'm glad that, unlike with Sonic Online, I'm able to at least be an attention whore make one last appearance to say goodbye before the forums go offline for good.

Master of AFTER, I may be viewing the past through rose-tinted lens, but I remember you always being a pretty cool guy, even when I was an insufferable adolescent. I wish you the best of luck!

Edit:
QUOTE (Badass Overlord @ Jul 17 2017, 07:45 AM) *
Arc was the most pretentious asshole on PA at that time haha. I remember when MoA finally banned him. Good times :^)

While we are reminiscing, I miss Gamer-e...

Nice to see you've been thinking about me! I've missed some of you guys, too! Arc, though... was a less pleasant memory. I remember you used to call us out whenever we derailed a thread with our silly arguments. I remember getting into some arguments with Shmeckie, too, but we got along more often than not. I think.
QUOTE (BalkinsMan @ Aug 9 2017, 12:07 AM) *

-Arc

Hey, speak of the devil! Nice to see you, too! The Sonic Passion article is still at the SOL URL: http://www.sonic-online.com/sonicpassion/

This post has been edited by Gamer-e: Aug 18 2017, 02:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #54
The Two-One-Five

The Kung-Fu Hippie from Gansta City

Member No.: 212

post Aug 18 2017, 07:12 AM
Holy shit, it's a fucking reunion. Quick, someone unban old Boxtop so he can get one last post.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #55
Saltynails

Member No.: 1,842

post Aug 19 2017, 07:42 AM
Really sucks to see this place go. I didn't contribute much and only lurked around, but I gotta say that it was great being able to read things like the sprawling Fallout Equestria mock or that amazing parody of Linkara's Lightbringer.

I am kinda curious about the Boss's plans to archive the website though. Will he use something like HTTrack? Archive spiders?

--------------------
Mocks: 27 Ounces by JDR (In Progress)
In the grim derpness of the 3rd millenium, there is only fail.
+Quote Post
Post #56
Homer DJW

The return of the bane of common sense.

Member No.: 8

post Aug 21 2017, 02:26 AM
Sad news but understandable.

After following here from DutchGoku's (god anyone else remember that!) and slowly becoming more and more of a lurker I have lost touch with PA and the crew. As I've got older I've tried (I think twice now?) to come back but other than MoA I don't think much of the DG batch have hung round.

We all get older, and change along with our interests but the time I spent here was great fun and enjoyable and one of the things that helped me get through school and life in general when I needed it.

Thanks so much for PA Alex, and best of luck with your future internet related endeavours!

Homer DJW out :sadpanda:

Edit: Christ on a bicycle, I joined over 12 years ago now! *off to the retirement home*

This post has been edited by Homer DJW: Aug 21 2017, 02:28 AM

--------------------
Yes I do live in Croydon, London. Yes, where the riots were. No, I don't know what it was like as I was on a two week vacation in Florida at the time : D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I pooped a crayon.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Space for rent. Any requests?
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 10:23 PM