Post #61
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,747

post Feb 23 2017, 10:29 AM
QUOTE (Dashguy @ Feb 23 2017, 03:45 AM) *

A damn fine job, Good Sir.

Now, if I may add my two cents, Mykan believes himself to be a very talented individual who is just a lucky break away from stardom. You see, he wanted to be a voice actor/writer/whatever but, instead of getting an education like everybody else, he decided it would be much more impressive if he just went ahead and practiced on his own. Needless to say, that didn't work. Instead of realizing life is not a stupid Disney movie, he threw a monumental temper tantrum and decided that if he could not get the things he wanted in the way he wanted, it was not worth it. That's why he projects so much on characters like BB, Davis from Digimon 02 and even Spike; he believes them to be unappreciated heroes, much like he believes himself to be. That's why, when he's not writing shit like Dueling Drama Much where he's a super awesome teacher/king/duelist, he writes shit like this where he lashes at the rest of the world for their "uncaring" ways.

Yep. Sad, isn't it? He also thought I think that the MLP cast are in High school when I was talking about their human counterparts.

Also, was the song appropriate?

This post has been edited by MasterOfNintendo: Feb 23 2017, 10:34 AM

--------------------

The mistakes I see in this this work are to be pointed out so they may not be repeated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #62
N. Harmonik

Tourist

Member No.: 929

post Feb 27 2017, 04:17 PM
Crud. I leave this mock alone for a few days and it gets finished? Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to type in one post. This shall probably get a tad random.

I asked Mykey what would have been the right things the Teen Titans could have said and he admitted he didn't know. I'm no good at debating or arguing (I think) but I reckon that, if you're going to claim that something is wrong, you need to know what would have been right!

To quote Touched by an Angel, "Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it's never solved one yet." I am of the opinion that the sort-of opposite also holds true: "Friendship may not have solved all problems in the world, but it's never caused one yet."

What next? "Friendship can't cure Cancer so it fails"?

If I may copy a few passages from Wikipedia, I'm gonna discuss a favourite real-life hero of mine, Albert Göring.

Unlike his elder brother Hermann, who was a leading party member, Albert Göring despised Nazism and the brutality that it involved. Many anecdotal stories exist about Göring's resistance to the Nazi ideology and regime. For example, Albert is reported to have joined a group of Jewish women that had been forced to scrub the street. The SS officer in charge inspected his identification, and ordered the group's scrubbing activity to stop after realizing he could be held responsible for allowing Hermann Göring's brother to be publicly humiliated. Albert Göring used his influence to get his Jewish former boss Oskar Pilzer freed after the Nazis arrested him. Göring then helped Pilzer and his family escape from Germany. He is reported to have done the same for many other German dissidents. Göring intensified his anti-Nazi activity when he was made export director at the Škoda Works in Czechoslovakia. He encouraged minor acts of sabotage and had contact with the Czech resistance. On many occasions, he forged his brother's signature on transit documents to enable dissidents to escape. When he was caught, he used his brother's influence to gain his release. Göring also sent trucks to Nazi concentration camps with requests for labourers. The trucks would stop in an isolated area, and their passengers were then allowed to escape. After the war, Albert Göring was questioned during the Nuremberg Tribunal. However, many of those he had helped testified for him, and he was released. Soon afterwards, Göring was arrested by the Czechs, but he was again released when the full extent of his activities became known.

On his release, Göring returned to Germany, but he found himself shunned because of his family name. He found work occasionally as a writer and translator, and he lived in a modest flat far from the baronial splendour of his childhood. In his last years, Göring lived on a pension from the government. He knew that if he married, on his death the pension payments would be transferred to his wife. As a sign of gratitude, he married his housekeeper in 1966 so she would receive his pension. One week later, Albert Göring died without having his wartime anti-Nazi activities ever having been publicly acknowledged.

Did this guy ever change his name or become bitter because of not being recognized? Heck no! He didn't change his name because he knew he had nothing to hide and he didn't become bitter because he knew that being a hero meant doing something for good, not doing something for fame. Unlike BB-in-name-only here. (Is it inappropriate to compare a nonfictional hero to a fictional whiner?)

Hey, chaps and chapesses! What do you think makes a hero?

Is it bad that Beast Emo reminds me of Elliot Rodger?

Another lesson from this fic: Nothing is worse than death! Not even, say, having your mind and soul broken into pieces, then someone taking some of those pieces, forcing those pieces to combine with another person's mind and soul shards over a few millennia, then forced to form a monstrous, painful body! Bonus points to those who know what I'm talking about. Anybody got any other examples of fates worse than death?

To counter the horrid taste of that fic, a sample of a different anti-Starfleet story. There are few-to-no spelling errors in this story (No offense, Legendbringer!):

Rhymey said, "Fluttershy, come away with me,
There's no need to finish your tea."
Fluttershy took half a step towards her husband. Then she stopped, hesitating. She looked down, then back up again, her eyes glancing towards Rainbow Dash, and towards each of her friends in turn.
"No," she said.
Rhymey blinked. "I must have misheard you a moment ago,
For I could have sworn that you said 'No'."
"I did," Fluttershy said firmly. "I'm going to finish having tea with my friends, and say goodbye. I'll come find you later."
Rhymey's face twisted into a scowl. "Now Fluttershy, you listen to me,
You're coming straight along with me."
He took a step towards her, hand outstretched to grab Fluttershy by the arm. Already Rarity could see Rainbow's hand clenching into a fist, and it didn't take a keen observer of behaviour to work out that if Rhymey got much closer she was going to slug him across the jaw.
And I shall be right behind her, the unchivalrous brute. What did Fluttershy ever see in him?
Rhymey took a step closer.
"Major Rhymey!" Lightning snapped. "Atten-hut!"
Rhymey leapt to attention, his booted feet slamming into the floor of Sugarcube Corner.
"About Face!" Lightning yelled.
Rhymey pirouetted on his right heel, and his left foot once again slammed into the floor. His face was a mask of befuddled confusion.
"Lightning Dawn, what's going on?
You sound like I've done something wrong."
Lightning backhanded him across the jaw so hard that Rhymey staggered into the nearest wall with a crash.
"You are dismissed, Major!" Lightning snarled into Rhymey's face, grabbing him by the collar and shaking him like a rat in the mouth of a mastiff. "Go to Canterlot at once and await further orders, do I make myself clear?" He let go. "Get out of my sight."
Rhymey whimpered slightly, but otherwise said nothing as he made a swift exit from the cakeshop. The bell jingled merrily as he departed.

What next to riff? Mykan's Starfleet Q&A?

And just for the heck of it:

--------------------
Rest in peace, Brian Jacques and Jean-Yves Raimbaud!
+Quote Post
Post #63
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Feb 28 2017, 11:48 AM
First of all, sorry. There is no way in Tartarus I'm going near that Starfleet series. It's ballooned out of proportion and, frankly, it's just a mess. Nothing special (barring a few choice incidents) and nothing worthy of my attention. I'm just anticipating the day it skids to a halt.

Also, I love how you brought up that actual hero. Mykan fails to see that recognition is inferior in the face of doing actual good. Sure, it's nice to be thanked, but doing good is it's own reward. BINO (Beast Boy-In-Name-Only) doesn't seem to get this in the fic and that's one of the major reasons it fails. True, sometimes, we don't need a goody-two shoes as our protagonist, but the right elements have to be implemented so he doesn't come off across as Anakin Skywalker MK. II.

Second of all, I can think of several fates worse than death, all of which begin with "immortality". Forced to live forever in a given scenario (watching family members die, watching as your world crumbles apart, being trapped in an inescapable prison, etc.). Somehow, it won't surprise me that not getting adored/laid/both is Mykan's version of a fate worse than death.

Thirdly, I wouldn't use anymore excerpts from fanfiction on here. I've done something of the sort and I've been reminded time and time again that this is an ANTI-fanfiction site. Then again, it hasn't stopped me from recommending better fanfics. Excerpts, however, might land you a place on their list, but only time will tell.

Anyway, I'm glad you could catch up and, one of these days, I'll move onto something else. If I'm lucky, Mykan won't pull off anything crazier than what I just saw. Say, like picking a new show to mangle. For one thing, Mykan's watched Adventure Time and, with him seeing as how Finn can never land a successful relationship, he might...nah, I'm thinking too much into this. Off I go.

--------------------

The mistakes I see in this this work are to be pointed out so they may not be repeated.
+Quote Post
Post #64
N. Harmonik

Tourist

Member No.: 929

post Mar 1 2017, 08:46 AM
Of Superman at Earth's End, Linkara said, "You can't have an anti-gun message when you clearly used guns to solve your problem! It just doesn't work!"

Of this fic, I say, "You can't have an anti-friendship message when you clearly used friendship to solve your problem! It just doesn't work!"

QUOTE (MasterOfNintendo @ Feb 28 2017, 04:48 PM) *
First of all, sorry. There is no way in Tartarus I'm going near that Starfleet series. It's ballooned out of proportion and, frankly, it's just a mess. Nothing special (barring a few choice incidents) and nothing worthy of my attention. I'm just anticipating the day it skids to a halt.

I must admit to being perplexed. Are we talking about Mykan's series, Legendbringer's series or Scipio Smith's series? Because that fragment was from the last one.

--------------------
Rest in peace, Brian Jacques and Jean-Yves Raimbaud!
+Quote Post
Post #65
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Mar 1 2017, 10:58 AM
QUOTE (N. Harmonik @ Mar 1 2017, 08:46 AM) *
Of Superman at Earth's End, Linkara said, "You can't have an anti-gun message when you clearly used guns to solve your problem! It just doesn't work!"

Of this fic, I say, "You can't have an anti-friendship message when you clearly used friendship to solve your problem! It just doesn't work!"

I must admit to being perplexed. Are we talking about Mykan's series, Legendbringer's series or Scipio Smith's series? Because that fragment was from the last one.

Give me a second...

This post has been edited by MasterOfNintendo: Mar 1 2017, 11:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #66
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Mar 1 2017, 11:06 AM
I was speaking of Mykan's Starfleet series. Now that you bring it up, no, I'm not going to mock those other Starfleet related properties.

Look, let me put it this way. Anything Mykan related is off the hook unless something REALLY unique happens. Only time will tell.

And no, Mykan, having Beast Boy never exist to begin with doesn't warrant a mock. Yeah. He responded and, as you can imagine, didn't take anything told here kindly. Unsung heroes to him are weak. I mean, he admits recognition for himself is inferior, which is fine, but to his characters? THEY MUST BE LOVED! Yep. He also brought up John McClane from Die Hard as an example of how doing good isn't it's own reward. Thing is, he's a badass (until the sequels kinda flanderized him) and we actually feel for his troubles. How would you like it if he kept singing about how life wasn't fair and whining while destroying all evil in his path?

This post has been edited by MasterOfNintendo: Mar 1 2017, 11:06 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 11:30 AM