Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Somewhere Else
Post #1
Bonglorio

Horrible person with an irredeemable mouth

Group: Members
Member No.: 647

post Jun 15 2016, 05:18 AM
I'm taking a break from this site. It's not you...

Well, actually it is because of you guys.

I don't really feel welcome on this site. Most of my friends and the people I respect are elsewhere and let me be blunt.

A lot of the newer users are not contributing anything of value. Hell, some of them have trouble contributing mediocrity. For every cool new person, it feels like we get eight Melonheads. There is a relative dearth of content, both user-created and otherwise.

I once said that browsing Youtube comments made me feel like part of an elite group for being able to read and write proper English, and I don't mean to be snotty or elitist, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get the same feeling that PA's forums are 'dumbing down' with most of the longtime respected contributors jumping ship and so few of the newer members actually trying to contribute. Max and Andrew are two of the smartest, most well-read people I have ever met, and Max may have been too blunt, but he was definitely right about how this forum has declined.

When I read the discussions on here, I feel like nothing is really being said anymore, it's either circle-jerking like in the Gamergate thread, or the same five jokes repeated ad-nauseum. and the forum's sense of humor is suffering as well. SJWs are some of the easiest to parody people alive and ya'll struggle to even make that funny. That is like trying to shoot a fish in a pint glass and ending up in the ER with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

I'm not quitting the whole website. I might actually start regularly posting again, I just need a break.

--------------------
[9:09:06 PM] Soren Highwind: Please don't make me a dick cannibal shane.

[11:45:16 PM] Scream: i have become one with the slug
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
GorillaGamer

Super High School Level Pimp

Member No.: 1,378

post Jun 15 2016, 05:45 AM
Yeah, I really miss Max and Andrew, as well as Shmeckie...

You take care of yourself. You always were one of my favorite members on these forums.

--------------------
List of mocks can be found here: Here

QUOTE (AnItalianGuy @ May 27 2016, 02:03 AM) *
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
+Quote Post
Post #3
KingMan

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 745

post Jun 15 2016, 05:52 AM
Good luck and have a nice break. I'll see you 'round Anime Outsiders in the meantime.

--------------------

"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie
"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #4
Master of AFTER

Working, man.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Jun 15 2016, 06:23 AM
Sorry to see you go, though I could've done without the condescending farewell message explaining how the rest of the userbase is no longer up to your intellectual standards. Between that and the various jabs you've been taking at the staff recently, I can assure you the message has been received loud and clear.

I wholeheartedly agree that it would be best if you took a break from PA for a while. I think you're still harboring some negative emotions about certain events that took place, and those feelings are going to prevent from you from taking any pleasure in being a part of this community. A person can walk into the best restaurant on the planet and if they're unhappy with the people who work there and the rest of the patrons and they expect to be dissatisfied from the moment they place an order, then every dish put in front of them will inevitably taste awful.

Take a break, pursue other ventures, clear your head, and come back with a different attitude. Maybe you'll see things differently and recognize at least some of the old PA Forums, and maybe the rest of us will get to once again enjoy the company of the old Bonglorio.

--------------------

"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
— Pablo Picasso
+Quote Post
Post #5
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Rocket Cuddles
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Jun 15 2016, 02:54 PM
I hope you have a good break.

--------------------
"The ceiling is a floor, too, if you believe in yourself."-Lupin, Breaking Cat News

-Go see my coloring work at my Deviantart Account.
-Check out and critique my new World of Darkness fancreation, Angel: The Revelation.
(Now with a better link.)
+Quote Post
Post #6
DeanTheAdequate

Your 50s Dad
Group Icon

Member No.: 536

post Jun 15 2016, 04:28 PM

--------------------
The forgotten member of the "Tribe of Spoon"

Winner of CCC #107- I've decided to let it all go to my head, then my pancreas, then a short trip to the gonads for release.
Winner of CCC #129- Took me a while to push this rock back up the hill and... whoops.
Winner of CCC #136- Whoo-Hoo! Whiskey and hookers on me! Seriously, drape them upon my slumbering mass.
Winner of CCC #137- Two in a row! Do you believe in Miracles?! No seriously, the hell was up with that Jackie Chan flick?
Winner of CCC #143- I'm so drunk on power now! I've sold all my tanker trucks full of Baily's Irish Creme to balance things out.
Winner of CCC #147- Comrades! Rejoice in the conquering of the bourgeois pigs with this caption of dressing down weeaboos!
Winner of CCC #164- Yes another one in the win colu... Who am I kidding? Dr. O deserves this one.
Winner of CCC#165- Victory is mine! Dudes, line up on my right for high fives. Ladies, line up on the left for make-outs.
+Quote Post
Post #7
TigerEyes

City Hunter!
Group Icon

Member No.: 23

post Jun 15 2016, 06:28 PM
Have a good break, see ya around. =)

--------------------
“All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.”

- T.E. Lawrence.

"Know pain, no gain. No pain, know gain."
+Quote Post
Post #8
NiGHTS Noob

Ys VIII Hell Yeah!

Member No.: 210

post Jun 15 2016, 06:36 PM

I know we've rarely gotten along particularly well Bong, but I felt things were going swimmingly between us since I came back to the site so do feel free to come back anytime.

--------------------
QUOTE (Some dude at Mangafox)
Did I mention that one time I hacked into the CIA's central files using only an NES and a Power Glove? Yep, that was pretty cool.
+Quote Post
Post #9
Bonglorio

Horrible person with an irredeemable mouth

Member No.: 647

post Jun 19 2016, 03:16 AM
I am taking a brief break from my self-imposed exile. (Currently, Max and Shmeckie have taken my Digimon cards and will not give them back.) To explain myself a little more:

Spaih was, and is a piece of human dogshit.
He openly, unambiguously advocated in defense of bullying and was extremely rude and disruptive in general, but very few of you called him on it. If an SJW or fucking Kotaku said what he said about bullying, you would be on about it for years. But since he is on PA hnad has The Good Opinions, his repugnant personality and views are only very, very mildly disapproved of.

He has never, ever repudiated or even hinted that he was sorry for his ignorant bullshit.

If you want your collective objection to shit like SJWs essentially gang-harassing people off the internet, you are morally obligated to take a zero-tolerance approach towards people who advocate exactly the same thing. Unless you believe bullying and harassment are only bad when the wrong people do them for the wrong reasons, which is fucking spooky.

Also,I don't really feel the same vitality the site had when I joined. I don't doubt that a lot of you are good, intelligent people, excluding Maniak, but there doesn't feel like much of a community anymore. It just feels weird and impersonal to me now. Maybe it's because of the recent exodus to Anime Outsiders, or not, but I definitely feel the site has lost something.

I do wish Alex Barry success in his future endeavors, however. As much shit as I have given him, I genuinely hope he pulls this site out of its current slump, because he's still a fundamentally decent person and this website can definitely be made cool and fun again. I might come back, I actually kind of hope I do.

--------------------
[9:09:06 PM] Soren Highwind: Please don't make me a dick cannibal shane.

[11:45:16 PM] Scream: i have become one with the slug
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2017 - 01:35 AM