Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #2661
MasterOfNintendo

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,747

post Jan 30 2016, 11:33 PM
Well, you know what they say (in regards to the baby).

Red Bull gives you wings!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2662
TheOneAndOnly

The world's most pissed-off snow cone

Member No.: 803

post Feb 10 2016, 04:28 PM

Jesus damn.

Joking aside, yeah, these are promoting some comic line called "Guardians of Harmony"

--------------------
I'm the kind of guy who would spend all of his savings on lottery tickets, win the lottery, and then burn the money for his trash can fire because he lost his home betting on the lottery.
"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #2663
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Feb 10 2016, 04:44 PM
QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ Feb 11 2016, 01:28 AM) *

Jesus damn.

Joking aside, yeah, these are promoting some comic line called "Guardians of Harmony"

Nice looking toys.
The comic line... look, considering the overall quality of the comic for the last couple of years, I have not very high hopes.
In fact, if the first name on the project is "Whitley", I suggest we burn the comics before they hit shelves.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #2664
KingMan

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 745

post Feb 10 2016, 04:53 PM
Aww, poor Changeling...

@Maniak: On the other hand, if we did burn them, we might lost some bits of unintentional comedy. After all, at least the Siege arc gave us the image of King Sombra wide-eyed as if he was on crack.

But yeah, it's probably gonna suck in all likelihood, sadly.

--------------------

"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie
"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2665
TheOneAndOnly

post Feb 10 2016, 05:08 PM
From what I heard, a problem of the comics is that all their writers don't seem to be on the same "page" so to speak. That, and Whitley. If this line is going to have a central team of writers with a plan, hey, it might actually be readable.

--------------------
I'm the kind of guy who would spend all of his savings on lottery tickets, win the lottery, and then burn the money for his trash can fire because he lost his home betting on the lottery.
"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #2666
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Came out on top
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Feb 10 2016, 06:21 PM
Looking at the clip and that I'm not a 100% knowledgable on the series, but I'm guessing huge wings are not normal. So it would be akin to a birth defect, right?

--------------------
"The ceiling is a floor, too, if you believe in yourself."-Lupin, Breaking Cat News

-Go see my coloring work at my Deviantart Account.
-Check out and critique my new World of Darkness fancreation, Angel: The Revelation.
(Now with a better link.)
+Quote Post
Post #2667
Dashguy

Advanced Member

Member No.: 712

post Feb 10 2016, 06:51 PM
Damn, I want my Fast Karate Kicking Action Rarity now.

QUOTE (Yaoi Huntress Earth @ Feb 10 2016, 11:21 PM) *
Looking at the clip and that I'm not a 100% knowledgable on the series, but I'm guessing huge wings are not normal. So it would be akin to a birth defect, right?

Eh, more like "super speshul baby", actually.
+Quote Post
Post #2668
Maniak

post Feb 11 2016, 02:57 AM
QUOTE (Dashguy @ Feb 11 2016, 03:51 AM) *
Eh, more like "super speshul baby", actually.

what I dislike about the "Flurry Hearts" drama some bronies have stirred up is, that some react as if they did not see that coming.
What did they expect the baby to be, when the mother is an alicorn?
Granted, the wings are big. But even the "she will accidentally throw things down with those things" gag has goten older faster than anything else.

Frankly, just put the character in and be done with it. Season 6 = final season.
Please.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #2669
Master of AFTER

Frawg?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Feb 11 2016, 08:08 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Feb 11 2016, 02:57 AM) *
what I dislike about the "Flurry Hearts" drama some bronies have stirred up is, that some react as if they did not see that coming.

Wait a minute. Someone is going to have to clear this up for me because I am not at all well-versed in My Little Pony mythology, but didn't Twilight have to go through some convoluted magical ritual to become an alicorn? I thought turning into an alicorn was essentially the MLP universe equivalent of going Super Saiyan. If they're another "race" of ponies that are born naturally, then why are there less than half a dozen of them in existence?

--------------------

"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Pablo Picasso
+Quote Post
Post #2670
Dashguy

Advanced Member

post Feb 11 2016, 10:01 AM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Feb 11 2016, 01:08 PM) *
Wait a minute. Someone is going to have to clear this up for me because I am not at all well-versed in My Little Pony mythology, but didn't Twilight have to go through some convoluted magical ritual to become an alicorn? I thought turning into an alicorn was essentially the MLP universe equivalent of going Super Saiyan. If they're another "race" of ponies that are born naturally, then why are there less than half a dozen of them in existence?

From what I know Cadance was born a pegasus and became a princess after she proved her worth by saving a village from some evil sorceress. Since Celestia and Luna's origins were never properly explained (aside of some mention in a book or something), I imagine is a matter of none of them having bumped uglies with the opposite sex without protection before.
+Quote Post
Post #2671
Maniak

post Feb 11 2016, 11:48 AM
Can we just say how it is:

Meghan McCarthy:
Blablabla, we had not a plan when we made the alicorn shit up, blablabla, Hasbro wants to make money and has no plans, blablabla, Larson gets all the blame, blablablabla we deliver.
Now buy the toys and watch EqG4: Larping in the Everfree.

Seriously though, it is like Dashguy said. Cadance "backstory" from some kids book I think one of the now current writers once did said something about her being born a pegasus who then trascended and Luna and Celestia, god knows.
Though it gets "worse". Rumors have come up that some other merchandise backstory book is in development that indicates that alicorns are actually a race.
So, we may end up with even more super special ponies.
I am not gonna lie, kind of disappointed that alicorns become now just some special born ponies and whatsoever, but frankly, I would be more "angry" if all off sudden we end up with a hopscotch dancing three horned freak voiced by an autistic VA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2672
LordYAM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 444

post Feb 11 2016, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Feb 11 2016, 02:57 AM) *
Granted, the wings are big. But even the "she will accidentally throw things down with those things" gag has goten older faster than anything else.

Frankly, just put the character in and be done with it. Season 6 = final season.
Please.

Season 5 was pretty good overall. I'd give it MAYBE two more seasons.
+Quote Post
Post #2673
TheOneAndOnly

post Feb 12 2016, 02:20 PM

A boy in an ad. Hey, I can't help but think that's a bit neat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #2674
Maniak

post Feb 12 2016, 04:58 PM
*raises an eyebrow*

Okay.
They actually try to sell this GoH thing as a more "action" toy based thing.
I give kudos to them. And yet it feels a bit ridiculous.
Not necessarily eye roll inducing ridiculous, but Wonderbolts action figures?
Also, they want to produce comics to promote those toys?
Well then Insert "Secret Wars" jke here.

EDIT: Saw a few more infos about these toys, which are shown at a toy fair currently.
They seem to really try to milk quite a bit out of it this year it seems.
Mini chibi figurines, "action" toys, EqG4 (whose title almost sounds like the shit I made up as a joke), blind bag mini figurine sets? Not necessarily complaining about it, is just weird to see so much stuff that I would see normally sold on some anime convention for other shows NOW, almost six years down the line, hitting the shelves.
What is next? official, show accurate plushies?

This post has been edited by Maniak: Feb 12 2016, 05:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2675
TheOneAndOnly

post Feb 12 2016, 05:51 PM
Hey, I don't plan on buying any of the toys nor have I in the past, but I'm all for Hasbro putting more effort in the design of their toys for the lil'uns.

Especially after seeing these monstrosities.

*huagh*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #2676
Dashguy

Advanced Member

post Feb 13 2016, 04:35 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Feb 12 2016, 09:58 PM) *
*raises an eyebrow*

Okay.
They actually try to sell this GoH thing as a more "action" toy based thing.
I give kudos to them. And yet it feels a bit ridiculous.
Not necessarily eye roll inducing ridiculous, but Wonderbolts action figures?
Also, they want to produce comics to promote those toys?
Well then Insert "Secret Wars" jke here.

Wonderbolts on the front lines? Spike a knight? Am I the only one getting a certain "Starfleet" vibe here?
+Quote Post
Post #2677
Maniak

post Feb 13 2016, 05:58 AM
QUOTE (Dashguy @ Feb 13 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Wonderbolts on the front lines? Spike a knight? Am I the only one getting a certain "Starfleet" vibe here?

*holds a gun to your head*
bad choice of words here, nigger.

Edit: You know, this toy thing brings something up though: Have they actually ever tried to put in the toys in the show as much as some did back in the 90s?
I know EqG was only made for the Monster High knock ff dolls and I have seen god knows what in the commercial. Not to forget the alicorn twilight thing and the Canterlot Wedding.
But compared to other franchises, I got the impression MLP was so far more tame with putting in stuff to easily make toys out in the show or vice versa.
For that GoH thing I begin to wonder if they do not decide to make one episode that is sort of a fuck it, making fun of fanwork and giving an over the top "epic" version of what the fans always wanted, just to promote this stuff.

This post has been edited by Maniak: Feb 13 2016, 06:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2678
Dashguy

Advanced Member

post Feb 13 2016, 06:39 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Feb 13 2016, 10:58 AM) *

Edit: You know, this toy thing brings something up though: Have they actually ever tried to put in the toys in the show as much as some did back in the 90s?
I know EqG was only made for the Monster High knock ff dolls and I have seen god knows what in the commercial. Not to forget the alicorn twilight thing and the Canterlot Wedding.
But compared to other franchises, I got the impression MLP was so far more tame with putting in stuff to easily make toys out in the show or vice versa.
For that GoH thing I begin to wonder if they do not decide to make one episode that is sort of a fuck it, making fun of fanwork and giving an over the top "epic" version of what the fans always wanted, just to promote this stuff.

Don't you be hatin' on my black face, playah!

Now seriously, while MLP: FiM may not be as "toytastic" as other shows, it is not above making nods to the fandom (that Godforsaken 100th episode). As for he GoH thing, well, I've come across too many stories where the author turns Spike, or other male characters, into an ultra-badass who makes the Mane Six look like chumps, so I guess I'm kind of wary. But if they play it for laughs, I guess it would be okay.
+Quote Post
Post #2679
Maniak

post Feb 13 2016, 07:44 AM
QUOTE (Dashguy @ Feb 13 2016, 03:39 PM) *
Don't you be hatin' on my black face, playah!

Now seriously, while MLP: FiM may not be as "toytastic" as other shows, it is not above making nods to the fandom (that Godforsaken 100th episode). As for he GoH thing, well, I've come across too many stories where the author turns Spike, or other male characters, into an ultra-badass who makes the Mane Six look like chumps, so I guess I'm kind of wary. But if they play it for laughs, I guess it would be okay.

If such an episode to promote GoH toys existed, I would also imagine it more being like the CMC deciding to do a comic based on how awesome the mane 6 are and ending up creating an over the top, Avengers-esque fan story where Twilight goes Super saiyan on Chrysalis while Spike turns into a behemoth. Also, I know the shit you have seen. I was there, mocking at your side from time to time, remember? But at the same time I think the writers are self aware enough to not go THAT rouute if they did it.
Well, except of course they decided to let Ted Anderson, Jeremy Whitley or the asshat who did "What about Discord" write such an episode.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2680
Bonglorio

Horrible person with an irredeemable mouth

Member No.: 647

post Feb 13 2016, 07:59 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Feb 13 2016, 05:58 AM) *

--------------------
[9:09:06 PM] Soren Highwind: Please don't make me a dick cannibal shane.

[11:45:16 PM] Scream: i have become one with the slug
+Quote Post

137 Pages V  « < 132 133 134 135 136 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2016 - 08:00 AM