Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Rules, Read these before you participate!
Post #1
Master of AFTER

Working, man.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Nov 10 2007, 07:11 PM
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to a rare opportunity to humiliate overzealous anime fans in stupid costumes even more than nature already has, and possibly gain a little e-fame in the process! Before you join in the fun, please take a moment to read through this topic and educate yourself as to how exactly this shit is gonna go down:

What is the Cosplay Caption Contest?

This is a user-interactive feature in which any PA forum member can take part. Every other Saturday morning, I'll post an image featuring an example of some really bad cosplay carefully selected from my own private collection of pasty nerds making fools of themselves. After that, forum members will have one week to think of a comically cruel caption to contribute to the contest.

Once seven days have passed, between three and six captions that display the most comedic potential will be chosen by yours truly and entered in a poll where members can vote for the caption they think is the best. Voting will remain open for another seven days, at which point the caption with the most votes will be declared the winner of that contest. The person responsible for writing the winning caption will then be rewarded by being allowed to bask in the glory of having their comical talent recognized by their peers, as well as eventually having their username and caption displayed on the main Project AFTER website!

How do I participate?

All you have to do is write a humorous caption (or three) for a cosplay image in the same topic that the image is posted, and your caption(s) will automatically be entered into the contest for that week. Then, once the voting period has begun, head back to that same topic and support your favorite caption by voting for it in the poll.

Are there any additional rules I should know about?

You bet your ass there are! If you want to be a competent contender in the Cosplay Caption Contest, here are some regulations to keep in mind:
  • Each member is allowed to submit a maximum of up to three (3) captions for each image.

• There are no length restrictions for the captions, so they can be as short as a couple words, or as long as several sentences. (Keep in mind that captions that run too long have less of a chance of being selected as a winner, though.)

• Image edits, where the "caption" is an edited version of the selected image, will not be considered proper entries, and are therefore not eligible to win the contest. Limiting the entries to written captions just makes things a whole lot easier for me... If you want to post an image edit just for the fun of it, however, then be my guest.

• When replying to a topic that features a CCC image, only post captions for that image. If you want to discuss something related to this section in general, please post in the Cosplay Caption Contest Comments and Questions topic.

• Each topic containing an image will be open to submissions for captions for seven days. Once those seven days are up and the voting portion of the contest has begun, that topic is off-limits to further caption submissions. You should only post captions in the most recent "CCC #X" topic in this section of the forums, during the first week when submissions are open and before voting has started.
I have some pictures of really bad cosplay that I think would be great for the contest. Will you use them?

Perhaps... I certainly wouldn't mind taking a look at you've got, in any case. I'm always interested in expanding my comprehensive collection of crazy cosplay catastrophes (this running gag with the alliteration is starting to lose its charm, I know). Feel free to send me your cosplay pics either via a personal message or an e-mail, but please don't post them on the forums in a public topic.

I think that should just about cover it, folks. Thanks for taking the time to read these rules, and good luck in the Cosplay Caption Contest! smile.gif

--------------------

"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Pablo Picasso
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 09:13 PM