Post #101
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Jan 30 2015, 01:06 PM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Jan 28 2015, 10:34 AM) *
I played Shadow the Hedgehog once. I didn't make it past the first level, it was that bad. Like I said, I'll see the series once and if it's that bad (and it probably will be), I'll never watch it again.

@Greetings: Have the Toonami ratings been dropping before or after Space Dandy and Attack On Titan completed their runs?

Just the post-3 AM run, from what I can gather. Makes sense, after then it's all reruns and shit.

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #102
Master of AFTER

All smiles.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Jan 31 2015, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (CobaltKori @ Jan 27 2015, 03:18 PM) *
You've activated my trap card, Thread Necromancy!

So who's enjoying HD Bebop!? NOT FOR LONG, BITCHES!

Oh God.

Much as I hate to see it go, I can understand them dropping Bebop from the lineup. No matter how good a show is, you can only replay the same 26 episodes so many times before the ratings are doomed to start slipping. What I don't understand is why Space Dandy and AOT are being removed from the rotation. Those are both fairly new shows that seem to be popular with viewers. And of all the things they could replace them with, we're getting Inuyasha!? What the hell, man.

--------------------

Thou wilt never know all, nor wilt all ever know thou.
+Quote Post
Post #103
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Jan 31 2015, 03:02 AM
Because Inuyasha the Final Act, and everything else on that lineup (except Deadman Wonderland), are all premieres. Space Dandy and AoT were all in reruns.

This post has been edited by Shmeckie: Jan 31 2015, 03:02 AM

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #104
Master of AFTER

All smiles.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Jan 31 2015, 06:37 AM
Dubbed Final Act isn't really new, though. It was released online through Viz's streaming service back in 2012, and the DVD/Blu-ray versions came out shortly after that. I think it's available on Hulu as well. Even if it hasn't aired on Toonami before, Dandy and AOT are technically both newer shows. I could be wrong, but I don't see Final Act giving them the huge ratings boost they're looking for.

--------------------

Thou wilt never know all, nor wilt all ever know thou.
+Quote Post
Post #105
MissSarcastic1013

Group: Members
Member No.: 537

post Jan 31 2015, 08:00 AM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Jan 31 2015, 09:37 AM) *
Dubbed Final Act isn't really new, though. It was released online through Viz's streaming service back in 2012, and the DVD/Blu-ray versions came out shortly after that. I think it's available on Hulu as well. Even if it hasn't aired on Toonami before, Dandy and AOT are technically both newer shows. I could be wrong, but I don't see Final Act giving them the huge ratings boost they're looking for.

You're right. That show's been out for a long while. It's also on YouTube as well. Someone had uploaded all the episodes on there. I think they're trying to use 'Inuyasha' to get high ratings. That show has also been pretty popular when they showed new episodes, and the show was still popular with the reruns. The only reason they took the show off the air was because they finally lost the rights to air it. They just chose a bad time to air the show, especially since anyone can watch it whenever they want. Who's going to wait up until 1:30 to watch that when they can watch it on YouTube anytime they want?

Also, I miss Black Lagoon. They should have kept that show.

--------------------

"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
+Quote Post
Post #106
GreetingstoElites

Member No.: 1,425

post Feb 14 2015, 01:43 PM
Bit of a bump, but OFFS, just when you thought Toonami couldn't get any worse this year, it just did: https://archive.today/DUkOq

The part at the end of the season where they basically used the "kid dying from a disease" plot, and used a REAL-LIFE disease that thousands of people are dying from (and can't gain access to treatment due to greedy patent fucks) to emotionally manipulate the audience was the final straw on this show, especially coming from the fact that it failed miserably in handling other tricky topics like PTSD, torture and attempted rape. "Profoundly human" my ass.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #107
Oscar Francois De Jerjaye

Member No.: 1,452

post Feb 15 2015, 12:43 PM
Im sorry to ask this but did something happen to Anime News Network? You used some sort of alternate link and I cant get into the site normally at all. I know its a shitty website but its still the only site to report anime news.

This post has been edited by Oscar Francois De Jerjaye: Feb 15 2015, 12:44 PM
+Quote Post
Post #108
SeinenNinja

New Macross. SOON.

Member No.: 722

post Feb 15 2015, 12:50 PM
QUOTE (Oscar Francois De Jerjaye @ Feb 15 2015, 03:43 PM) *
Im sorry to ask this but did something happen to Anime News Network? You used some sort of alternate link and I cant get into the site normally at all. I know its a shitty website but its still the only site to report anime news.

Some people use that so that the site they initially doesn't get views. ANN is still working.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2015 - 06:54 PM