Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

119 Pages V  « < 117 118 119  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #2361
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 345

post Sep 10 2014, 07:43 PM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Sep 11 2014, 04:16 AM) *
So I was reading #23 of the comic and it wasn't too bad... at least until the ending which the villain's motive could easily be summed up in seven words:

"Why didn't you just say so, dumbass?"

Oh yeah, the Silent pet centered issue that featured the most ridiculous case of easily forgiven I ever saw.

I mean come on. The thing mind controlled the entire population of Ponyville into wanting to destroy a dam that would have flooded the place and in the end they easily forgive her because she only tried to help her friends?

No. Fuck it, no. This is one of the few times where I am saying the villain does not deserve forgiveness, mostly for the fact that there is no actual regret from her part at all. If Rainbow Dash of all ponies has a point in calling you out on your bullshit, you are doing wrong.

And the sad thing is, it was actually a decent issue up until then. The pets were funny, the villain was interesting in terms of design, the scenario actually off setting for my taste and then they ruin it with three pretty badly paced panels. I never have seen something like this in a comic before.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2362
KingMan

Extreme Member

Member No.: 745

post Sep 10 2014, 08:12 PM
And let us hope we never have to see anything like that in a comic (or, heck, any other medium) again. Seriously, would it have killed the writers to have her be an irredeemable douchebag? And if the "Wrong choice for the right reasons" lesson was what the writer's wanted to do, they could have least given her an actual reason for her choice, specifically one that wasn't fucking retarded. And even then, the writers probably would have had to give the story a major overhaul to make the lesson work.

This post has been edited by KingMan: Sep 10 2014, 08:16 PM

--------------------
"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie

"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2363
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Sep 10 2014, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Sep 11 2014, 06:12 AM) *
And let us hope we never have to see anything like that in a comic (or, heck, any other medium) again. Seriously, would it have killed the writers to have her be an irredeemable douchebag? And if the "Wrong choice for the right reasons" lesson was what the writer's wanted to do, they could have least given her an actual reason for her choice, specifically one that wasn't fucking retarded. And even then, the writers probably would have had to give the story a major overhaul to make the lesson work.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Make her a straight out villain. We never learn why she wanted to destroy the dam, she was just evil and wanted to control everyone and got her comeuppances without anyone else really knowing what happened but feeling they got manipulated and therefore zapping her out of town with magic.

2. Let her stupid motivation stay...but let everyone else call her out on her bullshit. Like I don't know, she tries to defend herself against Dash's accusations and Twilight just says that she could have just asked first instead of doing something like that and that even if she wanted to help her own people, doing so by making others suffer/exploit them is never the right thing. And then let the others still help her because in the end the ponies are better than holding a grudge against someone who needs help, even if that "person" does not deserve their forgiveness for the crap they did.

Also, there was actually no reason for her choice. She had a motivation, (wnating to get those sprites through) but she never gave a reason why she went with hypnotizing the population in the first place.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #2364
KingMan

Extreme Member

Member No.: 745

post Sep 10 2014, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I can definitely see your second suggestion work. It would work very well with this type of story. It's simple, sure, but I'd rather have something simple done right instead of something semi-complex done half-assed.

This post has been edited by KingMan: Sep 10 2014, 08:33 PM

--------------------
"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie

"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post

119 Pages V  « < 117 118 119
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 01:59 PM