> Spring 2016 anime
Post #1
64SuperNintendo

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536

post Mar 8 2016, 03:53 PM
https://www.livechart.me/spring-2016/tv

Out of the upcoming ones, Joker Game looks like it could be cool. I've read a little bit of Sakamoto Desu ga? and it's kind of funny, so I'll probably watch this one as well.

New Macross coming out, for fans of that, and a new Jojo season. Also, Ace Attorney anime coming out. A couple of other shows might be interesting, I don't know.

https://www.livechart.me/spring-2016/movies

Digimon Adventure tri. 2 is coming out, so is the final part of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, which I have yet to see.

Other than that, it's more or less the same as you'd expect. Fuckin' Girls und Panzer, man.

https://www.livechart.me/spring-2016/ovas

More One-Punch Man specials, I still have to watch that show. And a new Girls und Panzer OVA for the movie, because Japanese can't get enough of this series, apparently.

All in all, a few potentially good series can be found amongst the shitload of mediocre-to-bad ones.

Discuss.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
GorillaGamer

Super High School Level Pimp

Member No.: 1,378

post Mar 8 2016, 04:07 PM
Fuck me...The second season of The Asterisk War will be released this spring. I saw bits and pieces of the first season, and it was total dogshit. What could have been a fairly interesting premise is destroyed, for the sake of filling up the anime with generic, ecchi-harem garbage, that has a cookie-cutter protagonist.

The Ace Attorney anime looks alright, to be honest.

--------------------
List of mocks can be found here: Here

QUOTE (AnItalianGuy @ May 27 2016, 02:03 AM) *
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
+Quote Post
Post #3
Ratatoskr

Super-double-dupity squirrely

Member No.: 1,615

post Mar 8 2016, 04:14 PM
Ace Attorney's largely going to depend on who dubs it and how they'll do it, since I'm pretty sure that a straight adaptation isn't going to work out well.
So I'm pretty curious who's going to pick that up.

Other than that, JoJo seems to be the only sure bet this season, and given what I've seen of the character designs so far, I'm a bit hesitant about that one too.
+Quote Post
Post #4
truthordeal

Advanced Member

Member No.: 631

post Mar 8 2016, 05:07 PM
Mayoiga looks like it might have some promise. The premise reminds me a bit of Paranoia Agent.

I've heard the name Boku no Hero Academia a lot on my Twitter feed. I have no idea about it.

Agreed on Joker Game. The time frame worries me though (1937 is when Japan invaded Manchuria, so I'm expecting some hyperzealous patriotism).

Super Lovers disturbs me on many levels.

Kuromukoro could be good. Anything with a whiff of historical stuff gets my attention though.

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? looks like shit, but the first part of the premise interested me: "The story centers on Hideki Nishimura, a young man who confessed to a person he thought was a girl online, only for that person to turn out to be a boy. He keeps this "black history" secret and swears to never to trust a "girl" online again." Sounds hilarious, right? Then it gets stupid: "However, one day a girl online confesses to him, and it turns out she's actually a beautiful girl named Ako Tamaki. Ako cannot tell the difference between the online world and reality, and she is a loner who has trouble communicating." and then I stopped there.

The rest isn't really anything worth forming an impression over.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #5
CobaltKori

Have I told anyone that I love this site.

Member No.: 781

post Mar 8 2016, 06:24 PM
THE WHEEL OF SHIT HAS REVOLVED ONCE AGAIN!

My Hero Academia is probably the head honcho this season, and I have to say I'm excited. I haven't read the manga, yet, but from what I've seen, it got some art to rival One Punch Man, so I'm good for the season.

YAY! Asterisk gets a second season! I can't wait to see how it would continue to fuck up even the basics of shonen anime! Seriously, Asterisk is almost a composition notebook of everything wrong with LN adaptions everywhere, so it's baffling to see this get a second season. Though not entirely surprising....

Holy shit, the shonen Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh rip offs has overtaken the schoolgirls. How the fuck you have Beyblade, Vanguard, Buddyfight, and Duel Masters all coexist at once in the same season? Fuck, there's even more shit like them, it's like their undergoing mitosis! And how the fuck Beyblade still exist?

OH BOY! NIGGA COCKROACHES GOT A SECOND SEASON TOO! AND THEY GOTTEN MORE RACIST! AHAAHAHA!

Seisen Cerberus looks generic enough for me to be slightly interested. I always have a softspot for fantasy shows. Well played..."Bridge"?

I have to check again what exactly was wrong with Concrete Revoultion. It's odd how much hype I heard for it only to turn to dead silence.

In total, this season's just like the last. Not a total wash, but the shit that's in there is some Grade-A(E) SHIT.

--------------------
Its not every day you see someone like me. Then again, everyone IS different.

Kori's Box Of Mocks!

R.I.P.
My Laptop
2007-2013
It's a damn shame when the good times end.

QUOTE (Valkyrie @ Dec 15 2013, 02:28 PM) *
I hate making a terrible first impression. Even when you bounce back from it, it's hard to forget how much you fucked up the first time.
+Quote Post
Post #6
SeinenNinja

Macross Delta. Slightly Disappointed.
Group Icon

Group: AFTERholics
From: In the shadows of the forum, planning your demise...
Member No.: 722

post Mar 8 2016, 07:36 PM
Will be watching Macross Delta, although my enthusiasm for it really died after they aired the first episode back in January as a preview. Not a fan of the Symphogear/AKB0048 idol stuff but the mech battle was so good. If you at least want to see how it will be, watch that first episode before the series starts.

As for the rest:

God Eater might be good, never played the game. Only things I know of that series is what was on Project X Zone

Ace Attorney anime will be good, don't let me down like the BlazBlue anime did. Needs a great dub to really sell it here.

For Gundam Unicorn RE:0096, just watch the Unicorn OVA. It's the same thing as this tv show except uncut.

Well Sailor Moon Crystal is continuing, apparently. Surprised that it's still going since the fans lost enthusiasm for it since the first few episodes.

And Rin-ne is getting a second season. Surprised that there was a break since Rumiko Takahashi stuff usually are long non-break runners.

Apparently Duel Masters is still alive. I am legitimately shocked.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri looks interesting.

Finally Akito The Exiled is ending, Now I just need to watch the other episodes.

So how long will it take before the new Yu-Gi-Oh movie gets the abridged treatment?

Under The Dog might be interesting, I think it was a series that was Kickstarted.

Wait a King of Fighters OVA is in the works!? And it looks like it might be adapting or a part of the Orochi Saga!?

This post has been edited by SeinenNinja: Mar 8 2016, 07:36 PM
+Quote Post
Post #7
CuChulainn1290

I'm an angel of the Mock.

Member No.: 520

post Mar 8 2016, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (CobaltKori @ Mar 8 2016, 06:24 PM) *
YAY! Asterisk gets a second season! I can't wait to see how it would continue to fuck up even the basics of shonen anime! Seriously, Asterisk is almost a composition notebook of everything wrong with LN adaptions everywhere, so it's baffling to see this get a second season. Though not entirely surprising....

So they're giving Asterisk Wars a second season and NOT Chivalry of a Failed Knight? Chivalry was the GOOD version of Asterisk Wars!

QUOTE (CobaltKori @ Mar 8 2016, 06:24 PM) *
Holy shit, the shonen Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh rip offs has overtaken the schoolgirls. How the fuck you have Beyblade, Vanguard, Buddyfight, and Duel Masters all coexist at once in the same season? Fuck, there's even more shit like them, it's like their undergoing mitosis! And how the fuck Beyblade still exist?

You missed Battle Spirits.

--------------------
"I am the bone of my snark...
Courage is my body,
and logic is my blood.
I have read over a thousand fanfics.
Unknown to love,
Nor known to hate,
Have withstood great mindscrews to read many fanfics...
Yet those eyes will never see anything again...
So hear me, as I pray...
UNLIMITED MOCK WORKS!"

QUOTE (Truth)
"Who am I? One name you might have for me is the world, or you might call me the universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am All, and I am One. So, of course, this also means that I am you. I am the truth of your despair, the inescapable price of your boastfulness."

Current Mocks

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4: Misty Storyline (DISCONTINUED)

The War of Megazords VS Gundams (ON HIATUS: 4/27 Complete)

Ultima: The Crossing of Universes (ON HIATUS: 5/45 Complete)

World League of Cartoon Quidditch (In Progress: 4/74 Complete)

LPs

Let's Play SD Gundam G Generation Overworld! (Current Mission: A-2)
+Quote Post
Post #8
GorillaGamer

Super High School Level Pimp

Member No.: 1,378

post Mar 8 2016, 11:52 PM
QUOTE (CuChulainn1290 @ Mar 9 2016, 02:15 PM) *
So they're giving Asterisk Wars a second season and NOT Chivalry of a Failed Knight? Chivalry was the GOOD version of Asterisk Wars!

Granted, Chivalry of a Failed Knight wasn't fantastic by any means, but it's loads better than Ass War. What I find ironic is that both Chivalry and Ass War Season 1 were released on the exact same day, with the exact same amount of episodes.

--------------------
List of mocks can be found here: Here

QUOTE (AnItalianGuy @ May 27 2016, 02:03 AM) *
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
+Quote Post
Post #9
NiGHTS Noob

Ys VIII Hell Yeah!

Member No.: 210

post Mar 10 2016, 12:23 PM
I read a decent chunk of the manga and seen bits of the anime and from that I can say Rakudai Kishi/Chivalry was a fundamentally dirt average school combat series with the exception of 2 interesting parts: 1) The main couple actually gets together extremely early and occasionally talk about things beyond their love for each other or the combat that drives the story, and 2) There's a trans-gendered female identifying character that is presented as a nonchalant matter of fact past the main character's initial surprise, has no bullshit backstory reason to try and explain it as something that is done out of necessity, and has more character traits than being trans. Both of these things are surprising to see in a Shonen.

The problem is that being dirt average in terms of quality is so many leagues above any other school combat show that's come out in the past several years. It's a shame that the show gets so much praise for just not being complete shit when really that should be the bare minimum of expectations, but it's just the way it is right now so good on you, you outstanding marker of baseline quality you.

--------------------
QUOTE (Some dude at Mangafox)
Did I mention that one time I hacked into the CIA's central files using only an NES and a Power Glove? Yep, that was pretty cool.
+Quote Post
Post #10
Bonglorio

Horrible person with an irredeemable mouth

Member No.: 647

post Mar 10 2016, 11:33 PM
I maintain that Beyblade is such a stupid series that it can only have come from someone suffering head trauma.

--------------------
[9:09:06 PM] Soren Highwind: Please don't make me a dick cannibal shane.

[11:45:16 PM] Scream: i have become one with the slug
+Quote Post
Post #11
KingMan

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 745

post Mar 10 2016, 11:54 PM
Here's a synopsis for Uchuu Patrol Luluco:

The headquarters of the space patrol is said to be located in the center of this galactic system. The story is set in "OGIKUBO," a special ward for remote space immigrants in the solar system, designated by the space patrol. 20 years after the immigration began, space slums have been created, which have the lowest level of the space deviation.

So, a shitty version of Cowboy Bebop, then.

--------------------

"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie
"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #12
Ratatoskr

post Mar 11 2016, 01:16 AM
I wonder if this space immigration crisis is going to take place in space.
+Quote Post
Post #13
Geth N7

Regular

Member No.: 992

post Mar 11 2016, 04:53 PM
I occasionally follow the mecha scene, especially the Super Robot Wars fandom, and I hope like hell this new Macross series is good enough the SRW games no longer have to put up with endless rehashes of Macross Frontier. Once you get past all the initial awesome stuff, Frontier was basically just trying to rip off the awe factor of the original, hope this new series tries to do it's own thing.

As for a King of Fighters OVA, sweet, Orochi Saga for the win. The NESTs saga would be confusing to ever adapt, and the Those From The Past arc would just be a massive mindbender I doubt could ever be done proper justice.

Sailor Moon Crystal felt like an uber rushed version of the original series, doubt I'll care enough to see any more.

As for the LN adaptation stuff, I'll pass, I'm burned out on that sort of crap.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #14
NiGHTS Noob

Ys VIII Hell Yeah!

post Mar 11 2016, 05:39 PM
At least the Orochi Saga is far better than just adapting the original Rugal plot and not giving a shit at all. I really hope Goenitz gets his face punched in at some point because that will be endlessly cathartic. Seeing as he's right behind Kyo in the promo I'm not sure how they're gonna handle this. They might bleed 96 and 97 together into one plot.

This post has been edited by NiGHTS Noob: Mar 11 2016, 05:41 PM

--------------------
Did I mention that one time I hacked into the CIA's central files using only an NES and a Power Glove? Yep, that was pretty cool.
+Quote Post
Post #15
Kerberous

Tourist

Member No.: 1,608

post Mar 12 2016, 01:41 AM
This honestly looks like the best anime season that I've seen in years. Digimon Tri, OPM, King of Fighters, JoJo Part 4, Ace Attorney, and Garo Divine Flames are all almost guaranteed to be good. I should also check out Ajin and My Hero Academia just to be inevitably disappointed.

QUOTE (Geth N7 @ Mar 12 2016, 03:53 AM) *
The NESTs saga would be confusing to ever adapt, and the Those From The Past arc would just be a massive mindbender I doubt could ever be done proper justice.

I agree with latter, but completely disagree with the former. The NESTs saga is basically an evil organization trying to take over the world. What would be that difficult to adapt?
+Quote Post
Post #16
Virgil Stormblade

Maverick Hunter

Member No.: 1,599

post Mar 12 2016, 02:18 AM
QUOTE (Kerberous @ Mar 12 2016, 01:41 AM) *
I should also check out Ajin and My Hero Academia just to be inevitably disappointed.

I don't know anything about Ajin nor do I care to know, but why do you think My Hero Academia will be disappointing? Is it because it's animated by Studio BONES or is it because the manga itself isn't all that special and is just a the run-of-the-mill Shonen where the hero fights for his friends and all that cheesy nonsense? Because if so, I'll have to tell my friend who told me about this "Goddammit, Trash(my friend's nickname)! You actually made me pumped for this shit!".

This post has been edited by Virgil Stormblade: Mar 12 2016, 02:18 AM

--------------------
CHAOS CONTROL!
+Quote Post
Post #17
Kerberous

Tourist

Member No.: 1,608

post Mar 12 2016, 05:40 AM
QUOTE (Virgil Stormblade @ Mar 12 2016, 02:18 PM) *
Why do you think My Hero Academia will be disappointing? Is it because it's animated by Studio BONES or is it because the manga itself isn't all that special and is just a the run-of-the-mill Shonen where the hero fights for his friends and all that cheesy nonsense? Because if so, I'll have to tell my friend who told me about this "Goddammit, Trash(my friend's nickname)! You actually made me pumped for this shit!".

I don't have anything against BONES. If anything, I hope they change as much as possible from the manga. Although, asking for BONES to make their own changes to something is itself a huge gamble... My problem is more with the story and a couple of characters than with anything else. "You can be special even if you're a regular human in this world full of heroes! All you have to do is inherit the strongest man's power!" Does the author even know what a underdog is? I know that our generic protagonist has some trouble using his power (mainly because All Might treats his disciple as if he was garbage for no reason I can think of), but how the hell are we supposed to believe that he will be in any danger once he can control it? He can still handle most things with the brute force that he has early on.

And Bakugou is one of the worst rival characters I have ever seen. Him still being alive makes the manga worse with each chapter that he has a significant role in. At least the manga has great art.
+Quote Post
Post #18
Geth N7

Regular

Member No.: 992

post Mar 12 2016, 12:22 PM
QUOTE (Kerberous @ Mar 12 2016, 01:41 AM) *
This honestly looks like the best anime season that I've seen in years. Digimon Tri, OPM, King of Fighters, JoJo Part 4, Ace Attorney, and Garo Divine Flames are all almost guaranteed to be good. I should also check out Ajin and My Hero Academia just to be inevitably disappointed.

I agree with latter, but completely disagree with the former. The NESTs saga is basically an evil organization trying to take over the world. What would be that difficult to adapt?

Well, you could possibly cover the basics, but all the backstory heavily revolves around Kyo, which invites a bunch of explaining of all the crap that happened involving Kyo, which kicks off that saga. It could be done, but in a simple one episode OVA they'd never do it proper justice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #19
NiGHTS Noob

Ys VIII Hell Yeah!

post Mar 12 2016, 01:00 PM
It also has lots of clones running around. That gives a lot of potential for an interesting plot, but is also very easy to fuck up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #20
Ratatoskr

post Mar 14 2016, 01:17 PM
QUOTE (CobaltKori @ Mar 9 2016, 03:24 AM) *
I have to check again what exactly was wrong with Concrete Revoultion. It's odd how much hype I heard for it only to turn to dead silence.

Well, Gen Urobuchi is supposed to be involved now, so that's probably enough reason to avoid it, but even in the first season Concrete Revolutio is just really boring and stupid.
The individual episodes don't have engaging plots, the characters and their individual motivations aren't very interesting, their powers are poorly used, the overarching plot is needlessly complicated and nearly incomprehensible, while tying poorly into the individual episodes and the sudden back-and-forth time jumps are hard to keep track of.

I gave up on the show after the episode where America commits a bunch of gruesome experiments on an immortal prisoner of war, and when they can't figure out how it works, they decide to return him to his family in Japan, and smuggle a giant robot into the country in an effort to murder the guy and his entire family because they couldn't figure out how the immortality works. I honestly can't even comprehend who ever thought that made sense.

It's a bad show that's about to get even worse, and I would strongly recommend forgetting about its existence.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th February 2017 - 07:46 PM