Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winter 2016 anime, Same as always
Post #21
Ratatoskr

Super-double-dupity squirrely

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,615

post Nov 10 2015, 01:40 PM
I opted to look up a video the scene in question, and just burst out laughing.
It's pretty gruesome, but so over the top that it becomes silly.

I don't think I can take this VN seriously any more.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #22
Geth N7

Regular

Member No.: 992

post Nov 10 2015, 02:22 PM
QUOTE (Ratatoskr @ Nov 10 2015, 01:40 PM) *
I opted to look up a video the scene in question, and just burst out laughing.
It's pretty gruesome, but so over the top that it becomes silly.

I don't think I can take this VN seriously any more.

If you follow the story up to that point, it's much more horrifying, but I can see why it would look ridiculous out of context.

Also, it has some other horrifying death scenes that can be hard to watch (let's just say one of those scenes trolls the hell out of the guys drooling over the fanservicey female pilot suits by having them do a great job of showing just what kind of lethal torture is killing the pilot in question in explicit detail)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #23
piehater

Sneaky Member

Member No.: 1,144

post Nov 15 2015, 06:13 AM
Just read Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and holy crap the feels!

--------------------
QUOTE (Bonglorio @ May 11 2015, 09:58 AM) *
If storytelling was cooking, Ryohgo Narita would be a five star Italian chef and Nasu would be a lobotomized McDonald's clerk pounding a frozen burrito with a hammer.
+Quote Post
Post #24
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Nov 21 2015, 04:31 AM
The first Digimon tri movie is out and crunchyroll brings it out internationally in form of four episodes you can watch online right now, while it still hits theaters.

Excuse me for a moment...
Attached Image

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #25
Virgil Stormblade

Maverick Hunter

Member No.: 1,599

post Jan 7 2016, 08:03 PM
Well, Active Raid was pretty good. It felt rushed, but I like it. And would you look at that, Goro "Code Geass" Taniguchi is the chief director. Alright, now I'm sold. And that Erased anime is also pretty good too. And apparently, even though it's based on the manga, Erased WILL use the manga's ending. Wow, now I'm REALLY hooked.

And now that I've watched Dimension W, I can say it's definitely a good introduction to a potentially good show, but there are butt shots, unfortunately. Thankfully, I only found 2 in the episode. Too bad that they're on a loli robot. And we get to see her almost naked at the end. Granted, in that context, it's understandable, but they even played the "Gah! You saw me in my underwear!" thing. Also, the opening shows her in her underwear in the opening, has a butt shot of her and has her pose sexily. And the opening shows what may be another loli robot that'll be introduced later on. I very much hope that isn't the case. So, I just hope the show gets better as it goes on. Also, I wanna kiss whoever thought to have Stereo Dive Foundation as the singer to the OP. Because, while the opening isn't Renegade, it's still a good song. Also, in the episode, when the loli robot reveals she's a robot, she has this overly fluid quality to her when she moves. If that was intentional, nice touch.

This post has been edited by Virgil Stormblade: Jan 10 2016, 05:18 PM

--------------------
CHAOS CONTROL!
+Quote Post
Post #26
Ratatoskr

Super-double-dupity squirrely

Member No.: 1,615

post Jan 19 2016, 12:31 PM
Since Dimension W can't seem to decide on whether it wants to be a decently-enjoyable sci-fi flick or a moe robot asses show, I decided that this would be a good time to start watching The Big O.
And frankly, The Big O is everything Dimension W should have been.
It has a good mystery going on with engaging characters and actually handles its robot with a strong sense of maturity and doesn't just treat her as cheap fanservice.

Also, having your opening song inspired by Queen is pretty much the best thing imaginable. STEREO DIVE FOUNDATION ain't got nothing on that.
+Quote Post
Post #27
Virgil Stormblade

Maverick Hunter

Member No.: 1,599

post Feb 29 2016, 08:26 PM
Surprisingly enough, Erased is the anime of the season. And it's by A-1 Pictures. And it's directed by the same man behind Sword Art Online. Am I living in some sort of bizarro world where A-1 Pictures suddenly became good?

--------------------
CHAOS CONTROL!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 11:41 PM