Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PA Forums Closing in August
Post #41
Doomlovesearth

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 986

post Jul 22 2017, 07:42 PM
So this site is closing down. That sucks, I'm gonna miss reading you guys mock bad fanfiction. Well thanks for the good laughs!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #42
Badass Overlord

Deltascape Deleter

Member No.: 235

post Jul 23 2017, 04:26 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Jul 22 2017, 12:57 PM) *
Does it have its own Arc?

Project AFTER really needs a Shitting On Arc thread...

No but we make fun of people like him.

Yes we do. Find all of Arcs dumb posts and make a thread about it. Now I want to find the post MoA made about why he got banned. Think it was in one of the Spam Topics...

--------------------
The Warring Triad
"Patience and penance. For millenia I have yearned to inact this vengeance! I am the end and the beginning! By my touch shall your wretched lives be blessed!" - Sephirot, the Fiend
"The unenlightened come...know you the full weight of death. Come forth, Scales of Revelation! I would know the weight of your souls. Can you bring... equilibrium?" - Sophia the Goddess
"Mine age of slumber is at an end. A thousand thousand suns may set, but the insult of mine imprisonment hath been etched upon mine eternal memory. I am come to mete out justice. To bestow the blessings of victory unending. I am Zurvan. He who standeth above all other gods. He who shall bring slaughter and ruin!" - Zurvan, the Demon
+Quote Post
Post #43
Caim

Paragon of Manliness

Member No.: 194

post Jul 23 2017, 07:48 AM
Even though I haven't really been around in...what like a year now?

It has been an honor shitposting with you all.

--------------------
"There's a recipe to a good hero, Hawke, it's like alchemy. Take one part down to earth, one part selfless nobility, two parts crazy fool, and season liberally with wild falsehoods. Let that percolate through a good audience for a while, and when you're done, you've got your hero".
+Quote Post
Post #44
Master of AFTER

Working, man.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Jul 24 2017, 02:48 AM
QUOTE (NiGHTS Noob @ Jul 18 2017, 11:35 PM) *
So if anyone fails to archive something before the forum goes down and needs it they can attempt to contact me. No guarantees, but I may be able to help in that instance.

My current name on Steam is Got Wings. On Discord I'm currently Grand_Ferik and my tag# is 5236. You can also try e-mailing me at omgknuxchoking@gmail.com

Moab, I'm guessing you already have some sort of plan, or something set up with another member, but assuming you don't/can't archive the sight you could hold onto my contact info and send people my way if they need something for whatever reason.

I already have my own plans for retaining an archive of this place, but I appreciate the offer nonetheless. Thanks, NiGHTS.

QUOTE (Badass Overlord @ Jul 23 2017, 05:26 AM) *
Now I want to find the post MoA made about why he got banned. Think it was in one of the Spam Topics...

Here you go.

As much of an ass as Arc could be at times, I have to take responsibility for the fact that at least a portion of his behavior was the result of weak leadership here. I should have shut his shit down months (if not years) before I did, but I never had the balls to deliver anything more severe than a verbal slap on the wrist over a private message. Arc kept repeating the same pattern of behavior because the empty threats he got weren't enough of a deterrent to change. The reason he lost it when he finally got suspended was probably due to shock as much as anything. I think the ban I finally administered was justified, but I regret the way I handled things with him prior to that.

I also have to say that although the self-aggrandizing nature of Arc's posts made him a productive lolcow, I don't think he deserves to be remembered as the most disruptive or destructive member this community has ever had. It's too late in the game now to manufacture new drama by naming names, but let's just say Arc definitely isn't the only person I made a huge mistake by not banning at the first (or second, or third) sign of trouble.

--------------------

"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Pablo Picasso
+Quote Post
Post #45
Al_Cone

That's right, Susan!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 162

post Jul 24 2017, 07:53 AM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Jul 24 2017, 03:48 AM) *
As much of an ass as Arc could be at times, I have to take responsibility for the fact that at least a portion of his behavior was the result of weak leadership here. I should have shut his shit down months (if not years) before I did, but I never had the balls to deliver anything more severe than a verbal slap on the wrist over a private message. Arc kept repeating the same pattern of behavior because the empty threats he got weren't enough of a deterrent to change. The reason he lost it when he finally got suspended was probably due to shock as much as anything. I think the ban I finally administered was justified, but I regret the way I handled things with him prior to that.

I also have to say that although the self-aggrandizing nature of Arc's posts made him a productive lolcow, I don't think he deserves to be remembered as the most disruptive or destructive member this community has ever had. It's too late in the game now to manufacture new drama by naming names, but let's just say Arc definitely isn't the only person I made a huge mistake by not banning at the first (or second, or third) sign of trouble.

Goddammit, Boss, we're trying to make this a happy, nostalgic romp through memory fucking lane, here!

More like Master of DOWNER, am I right?

--------------------
QUOTE (theabhorrentatrocity @ Aug 15 2015, 02:25 PM) *
daddy longleg spiders are scary as they're one of the most poisonous spiders so not much of an over reaction.

A list of mocks can now be found on my profile page!
+Quote Post
Post #46
NiGHTS Noob

Ys VIII Hell Yeah!

Member No.: 210

post Jul 24 2017, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Master of AFTER @ Jul 24 2017, 06:48 AM) *
I already have my own plans for retaining an archive of this place, but I appreciate the offer nonetheless. Thanks, NiGHTS.

I was nearly certain that you did, but I didn't want to not say anything and then regret it later.

Also as far as I know I'm the only member of this forum that kept in touch with Arc after he left, but even I haven't chatted with him in a good 3 years or so. He may have had his misgivings in terms of contempt for the staff and a penchant for being consciously antagonistic towards anyone that he knew would fight back, but I dunno, I didn't dislike talking to the guy personally. I just happened to get along with him pretty well and never had to personally deal with any of that.

--------------------
QUOTE (Some dude at Mangafox)
Did I mention that one time I hacked into the CIA's central files using only an NES and a Power Glove? Yep, that was pretty cool.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 10:47 AM