> General Movie Thread!
Post #361
Ravuf

Group: Members
Member No.: 902

post Mar 3 2014, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (Matthew Garcia91390123 @ Feb 25 2014, 11:33 AM) *

I am so fucking hyped for this...

The only thing that bugs me about this movie is that if it bombs then that's pretty much it for the "King of all Monsters" hitting the eyes of the main stream audiences. This is a very make or break movie. either way I'm rutting for it
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #362
LordYAM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 444

post Mar 23 2014, 02:48 PM
I saw the sequal. Ehh but one scene did traumatize me
+Quote Post
Post #363
Tron_2.0

Sexy Edition

Member No.: 804

post Mar 27 2014, 03:59 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but is the guy talking supposed to be the Shredder?

Because it really looks like Michael Bay thought this guy made a good Shredder, y'know the guy that can take on all the turtles at the same time?

This post has been edited by Tron_2.0: Mar 27 2014, 04:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #364
TheOneAndOnly

You seein' what I'm seein'?

Member No.: 803

post Mar 27 2014, 04:33 PM
QUOTE (Tron_2.0 @ Mar 27 2014, 04:59 PM) *

Because it really looks like Michael Bay thought this guy made a good Shredder, y'know the guy that can take on all the turtles at the same time?

I actually don't mind the designs now that I've seen them in action. But . . . those lips my God.

--------------------
Fuck this, I'm having fun.

"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #365
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Mar 27 2014, 08:51 PM
QUOTE (Tron_2.0 @ Mar 28 2014, 12:59 AM) *

well, I am done!

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #366
Deceiver

Advanced Member

Member No.: 495

post May 23 2014, 01:27 PM
Anyone else catch the Godzilla movie yet? I went on Saturday, and was pleased overall. I'd say it's better than just about every Godzilla movie that's come out since 1984. Outside of Bryan Cranston the cast made little impact and like most Godzilla movies the human parts tend to be dull, but there is some damn good monster fighting at the end, and quite a few nice nods to past entries.
+Quote Post
Post #367
Maniak

post May 23 2014, 03:32 PM
QUOTE (Deceiver @ May 23 2014, 11:27 PM) *
Anyone else catch the Godzilla movie yet? I went on Saturday, and was pleased overall. I'd say it's better than just about every Godzilla movie that's come out since 1984. Outside of Bryan Cranston the cast made little impact and like most Godzilla movies the human parts tend to be dull, but there is some damn good monster fighting at the end, and quite a few nice nods to past entries.

Eh... I saw it when it came out, I did not think it was that good Don't get me wrong, I dont think it is a bad movie or that I hate it. But it was okay at best for me.
Reason in short, cause I assume everyone heard them already:

The monster designs were awesome overall and the level of destruction shown was also great. but I thought we saw the monsters (especially Godzilla himself) not enough and most of the time right when the destruction started we cutted away (Honollulu was still okay, but damn did they waste Nevada). And while I did not want to see the monsters fight all the time and let it turn into Man of Steel 2, I was rather annoyed that most of the time it was just one punch and then cut to the humans. I did not expect the camera to focus only on the monsters, but at least for a few more seconds.

I have to admit, I expected another kind of movie based on the trailers. I wanted more of a Godzilla vs. mankind movie that falls more into horror. Instead we got a vs. movie. Sure, it was okay for a vs. movie but speak about semi false advertisement.

Bryan Cranston dies. Really? You waste one of the best actors after 30 minutes? And I am not saying that because I am a Breaking Bad fanboy, I say that cause honestly, Cranstons character was entertaining to watch. For playing a conspiracy nut with a hollywood tragic backstory, I actually felt for him. And then they change the focus to his son. And you know, I did not hate the character of the son (I actually did not hate any of the human characters in the movie), but he was not really all that interesting.

For me the movie as a whole was the following: It was a Godzilla Toho movie with a lot less chess and a higher budget. That is it. I dont consider it a masterpiece and to be frank, I hope it does not become the groundstone for a new franchise. Oh I wish the people behind the movie to make money out of that thing cause they do not deserve for the thing to bomb or anything cause it was still of better quality than other movies I can think of, but I seriously hope it does not start a new trend everyone in Hollywood decides to follow. God knows we have enough of those.

And by the way, that movie made me in some way appreciate Emmerich's movie. Oh I get that Emmerich's movie sucks as Godzilla movie and that the humans are anoying stereotypes that cross the line into cartoonish territory. But at least that thing was actually more of a monster horror flick than the new one.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #368
TheOneAndOnly

You seein' what I'm seein'?

Member No.: 803

post May 23 2014, 06:22 PM
As an avid fan of all things Godzilla, I'd have to say the monster fights weren't the best I've seen. The larger of the two monsters reminded me a lot of Godzilla's fight with Orga, but without the cool jaw-unhinging scene, and the battle with the flying one was pretty much every fight with Rodan ever. Though I did nerd out a little when I saw Godzilla charging up his atomic breath. That was cool. But overall the whole movie was just kinda alright.

I'm hyping up for Guardians of the Galaxy. THAT looks like a fun fuckin' movie.

--------------------
Fuck this, I'm having fun.

"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #369
Dr. O

witch doctor

Member No.: 434

post May 25 2014, 03:54 PM
This wasn't an outstanding Godzilla movie, but the first half of it was a pretty amazing STALKER movie and that's good enough for me.

--------------------
Index of horrible mocks

QUOTE ("Al_Cone")
However, I totally would sleep with the Doc... but only for your brain.

+Quote Post
Post #370
Deceiver

Advanced Member

Member No.: 495

post Jun 4 2014, 02:14 PM
QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ May 23 2014, 09:22 PM) *
Though I did nerd out a little when I saw Godzilla charging up his atomic breath. That was cool.

You're not the only one.

I suppose my saying "it's better than most of the movies since 1984" was damning with faint praise, since quite a few of them were just okay and a couple flat-out sucked (and I say this as an unabashed Godzilla fan). I wouldn't call it a classic, and I was also unhappy that Cranston left the movie so soon since he was about the only character I gave a shit about, whether because they were barely in it (Watanabe and Binoche) or they just didn't connect with me (pretty much everyone else), but overall I was more satisfied than not. I could've used more monster stuff, but then again, unless the human stuff is really gripping (the original Godzilla, the '90s Gamera trilogy) I generally want more monsters. The monster stuff we did get was fucking great, at least. I hope the sequel gives us more of that and less Hollywood-style drama.

Speaking of which, I find myself wondering how much influence the studio and their reps had on the director; his movie Monsters had almost no giant monster stuff (although the little we got was fine, particularly the last scene with them), but the two main characters were quite engaging and carried me through the movie. I had expected that to happen here, and was disappointed for the most part.
+Quote Post
Post #371
Doomlovesearth

Member No.: 986

post Jun 5 2014, 07:43 PM

What are your thoughts on this?
+Quote Post
Post #372
Maniak

post Jun 6 2014, 10:20 AM
It is articles like that, that make me hate Warner Bros and DC when it comes to what they plan for their live action movies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #373
SeinenNinja

New Macross. SOON.

Member No.: 722

post Jun 10 2014, 10:03 PM
Sony and Marza Animation Planet (a division of SegaSammy) is going to make a CGI/Live action Sonic The Hedgehog movie.

Ohhhhhhhhh shit. I can hear the fan backlash now...
+Quote Post
Post #374
Maniak

post Jun 11 2014, 12:30 AM
You know, I like Jim Carrey, I think he is a decent actor when the script is right, but why the heck does he do that?

Who in their right mind was asking for a sequel of Dumb and Dumber, one of the dumbest movies I ever saw?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #375
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Space honey
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Jun 13 2014, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Jun 11 2014, 03:30 AM) *
You know, I like Jim Carrey, I think he is a decent actor when the script is right, but why the heck does he do that?

Who in their right mind was asking for a sequel of Dumb and Dumber, one of the dumbest movies I ever saw?

That last joke, ewww. At least it looks better than "Dumb and Dumberer" (the first sequel).

--------------------

"A man doesn't grow-up; his toys just get more expensive."-Tony Atlas
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #376
MissSarcastic1013

Member No.: 537

post Jun 15 2014, 11:00 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Jun 11 2014, 04:30 AM) *

Probably the same people that asked for a sequel to 'The Goonies' and 'Mrs. Doubtfire'

--------------------

"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
+Quote Post
Post #377
Tron_2.0

Sexy Edition

Member No.: 804

post Jun 24 2014, 08:18 PM

So the turtles voices are annoying , Shredder is Iron Man and the humour revolves around Megan fox's ass

Why bay?

This post has been edited by Tron_2.0: Jun 24 2014, 08:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #378
KingMan

Hyper Member

Member No.: 745

post Jun 25 2014, 06:56 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Jun 11 2014, 01:30 AM) *

I liked Dumb and Dumber, but even I admit the prequel was pointless and the sequel is probably going to suck monkey nuts.

--------------------
"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie

"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #379
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Space honey
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Jul 7 2014, 06:13 PM
This is OT, but I am I one of the few people that thinks Idiocracy is overrated? I just think it didn't go far enough, missed out on some good plot ideas and the characters were not appealing. Let me explain...

-One thing the film fails to point out is who is running this modern era society (which the tech level is probably a bit above)? This is a society so dumb that they don't know that plants need water with no one smarter to watch over them, yet monster trucks, television equipment and slick, enslaving advertising are running rather well. This place should have regressed a few centuries with a filthy, malnourished population with a low life-expectancy. I know it's a satire/comedy, but this is a major suspension of disbelief that wrecked things for me. Maybe if things were secretly run by sentient computers, it might work.

-No one in this film was likable (the president was the closest) or in some cases had no personality that it made it hard for me to care about the story. One can argue that the main character is "average" and doesn't really need a personality, but I call bullshit on that. There are plenty of plot possibilities if they tried to give him one. Is he a naturally kind-hearted person who is helping the populace because they bring out a fatherly instinct in him? Is he a jerk who decides to take advantage of the people and by helping them, he can pull favors and lord his intelligence over them? Or is he so disgusted with them that he decides to make it his duty to set things right? Combine this with the computers idea and you got some interesting plot possibilities.

-The hooker character might as well have not been in the story. I know she's just the FRI (forced romantic interest), but there's nothing appealing about her and you could've taken her out of the story and it wouldn't have changed much of the plot. (Other than the kids she has with the main character in the end.)

-I know the movie is probably based off of, "The Marching Morons" and Judge couldn't totally copy it.

Overall, I think it was a film that didn't reach its full potential and lacked polish. Personally, I think that it fell apart in the second half that I was waiting for it to be over. Don't get me wrong, there's some interesting, high concept ideas, a few good parts and the first ten minutes were great. I can see why people might like the film since it ridicules morons, but it was too flawed for me (and I wanted to like it).

I just needed to get these feelings off my chest for a while so thanks if you're listening.

--------------------

"A man doesn't grow-up; his toys just get more expensive."-Tony Atlas
Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:21 AM