Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Toonami
Post #81
Nihilistic One

Audino if I can put up with your shit

Group: Members
Member No.: 626

post Jun 3 2012, 02:57 AM
Well, I finally got around to watching Toonami at the house of a friend of mine that still pays for cable and holy shit, was that a huge nostalgia trip. It almost makes me want to go back to paying for cable, rather than just watching everything through DVDs or the internet.

This post has been edited by Nihilistic One: Jun 3 2012, 02:58 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (Plinkett)
I like to fuck my cat.

QUOTE (GFW on Skype)
Fellatio between friends ain't gay, it's just a Brojob.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #82
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 162

post Jun 3 2012, 10:33 AM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Jun 3 2012, 03:51 AM) *
Well that's straight wrong; the militaristic aspects were performed convincingly, dialogue was solid (and had a subtle callback to season 1), plot played out well, Batou's lecture to the guy at the end was good stuff, the Major's chewing out of Batou was also a solid moment that felt like a legit scene between a boss and her subordinate, and the twist at the end was foreshadowed in a subtle, yet slick, manner (the girl's atrocious handwriting).

How did she use the computer if she was blind? The dad's message was an audio file, granted, but how was she able to open it in the first place?

Fuck that "chance" bullshit, you ain't seen nothing but a stand-alone episode having nothing to do with the overall plot (which is, by the way, fan-fucking-tastic). Know your role.

A "stand-alone" episode? I'd think that all of the episodes would be stand-alones. wink.gif

HAAAAAWWW HA HA HA HA HAWWWWWWW puns.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #83
Nihilistic One

post Jun 3 2012, 10:37 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Jun 3 2012, 08:33 PM) *
How did she use the computer if she was blind? The dad's message was an audio file, granted, but how was she able to open it in the first place?

Do you remember the line in MST3k's theme ♪If you're wondering how he eats and breaths, and other science facts (la la1)/Repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax!"♪? Were I you, I'd apply that mantra. If you think too deep about any work of media, you're bound to find some holes. Just keep your willing suspension of disbelief on and you should be fine.

--------------------
QUOTE (Plinkett)
I like to fuck my cat.

QUOTE (GFW on Skype)

+Quote Post
Post #84
Al_Cone

Group Icon

post Jun 3 2012, 10:40 AM
QUOTE (Nihilistic One @ Jun 3 2012, 11:37 AM) *
Do you remember the line in MST3k's theme ♪If you're wondering how he eats and breaths, and other science facts (la la1)/Repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax!"♪? Were I you, I'd apply that mantra. If you think too deep about any work of media, you're bound to find some holes. Just keep your willing suspension of disbelief on and you should be fine.

That was a comedy. This is a drama. Silly plotholes and inexplicable elements can be ignored based on the nature of a show. MST3K is one of those shows. Ghost in the Shell is a serious drama, and I think that the rules apply a little more strictly to a serious drama than they do to a show about a man and some robots making fun of bad movies.

It's not that I didn't like the episode, I just wasn't really wowed by it. I'm sure I'll be more impressed over the next couple of weeks. It took me a little while to get into Baccano! too, and nowadays, I consider that the best damn thing ever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #85
Nihilistic One

post Jun 3 2012, 10:42 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Jun 3 2012, 08:40 PM) *
That was a comedy. This is a drama. Silly plotholes and inexplicable elements can be ignored based on the nature of a show. MST3K is one of those shows. Ghost in the Shell is a serious drama, and I think that the rules apply a little more strictly to a serious drama than they do to a show about a man and some robots making fun of bad movies.

I was suggesting that you adopt the concept. I'm not saying that the shows are remotely similar: I'm just saying that you shouldn't over-think it unless it's an obvious, story-impacting holw.

--------------------
QUOTE (Plinkett)
I like to fuck my cat.

QUOTE (GFW on Skype)

+Quote Post
Post #86
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Jun 4 2012, 04:24 PM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Jun 3 2012, 02:33 PM) *

Haven't been watching this show long, have you?

And Nihilistic One, the MST3K mantra does not apply with plotholes and you're dumb for bringing it up in the face of what seems like a plothole (but isn't because someone obviously hasn't been watching this show very long).

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #87
Viashino_wizard

That's a Jimmybean!

Member No.: 222

post Jun 4 2012, 04:25 PM
God DAMNIT I missed it AGAIN

--------------------
QUOTE (TigerEyes)
Change is mandatory. It's progress that's optional.

"Stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things are very popular but I'm a fan of extraordinary people trying to do ordinary things"
-Kelly Turnbull
+Quote Post
Post #88
Al_Cone

Group Icon

post Jun 4 2012, 05:29 PM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Jun 4 2012, 05:24 PM) *
Haven't been watching this show long, have you?

...It was my first episode. That was literally the first thing I said on the subject.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #89
Shmeckie

Kuhahahaha!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Jun 5 2012, 08:14 PM
The future of GITS is a very "jacked into the system" kind of future (hence all those delightful circular status screens in Batou's POV). Considering most electronics can be activated with a good old wire from the neck, a blind girl accessing her email is hardly out of the ordinary. And considering that they've been developing computers for blind people in real world modern day...

This post has been edited by Shmeckie: Jun 5 2012, 08:15 PM

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #90
Ajax

Member No.: 667

post Jun 26 2012, 07:38 PM
As much as I love seeing Toonami back, I just see it getting canceled at some point. Either by lack of ratings, or corporate just pulling the plug on it for whatever reason. I hope that it doesn't come to that, because it has potential to regain it's former glory.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 03:30 PM