Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

113 Pages V  « < 107 108 109 110 111 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #2161
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 345

post Feb 16 2014, 04:36 AM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Feb 16 2014, 01:32 PM) *
Dude... They're making it now. You're aware of this, right? Like, literally as we speak they're making season 2.

Really?

As for the last episode (Filly Vanilli): Meh.
I thought the plot of it would make more sense as a season 1 episode than a s4 one. And boy was Pinkie annoying. Which is weir,d seeing how good she was two weeks ago.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2162
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 162

post Feb 16 2014, 08:47 AM
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Feb 16 2014, 04:32 AM) *
Dude... They're making it now. You're aware of this, right? Like, literally as we speak they're making season 2.

I knew that it's been in the works, but Alex Hirsch said at one point that he wasn't sure when it would come out, or that it could air as late as the end of this year. I don't think that's related to the production of the show; it sounds more like an issue with the upper echelons of Disney management. That makes me uncomfortable.

I mean, there's never any ambiguity about whether or not MLP will continue horsing up the airwaves.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #2163
The Gravity Breaker

Member No.: 812

post Feb 16 2014, 09:01 AM
Filli Vanilli was...well I thought it was a good episode aside from Pinkie. Like, why did they make her act like that? She was just annoying and not funny.

--------------------

I just want a hug. Is that so wrong?
+Quote Post
Post #2164
Tonfa

Drink the Goddamn tea!

Member No.: 445

post Feb 16 2014, 08:14 PM
Fluttershy centric episodes always tend to be lacking...something given how she's probably the most one-note pony out of all the cast, though I guess it's good that the ending resolution didn't revolve around her putting on the big girl panties and getting aggressive a la every other episode with her as the focus.

Really liked the music though, probably my favorite of the season so far aside from the Weird Al numbers and Peter New provides a pretty awesome bass to the quartet, and yeah, I agree with the notion that Pinkie Pie was terrible here.

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Sep 25 2011, 09:32 PM)
If James Hetfield does a guest spot in My Little Pony I will eat my underwear. Live over Skype.

"Cody could do nothing but surrender to the all-consuming kiss. It was as if every nerve ending in his body led directly to his cock. He ground his hips against the man in an effort to get closer, which solicited another growl from the chest of the larger wolf. He reached down to grab hold of Cody’s ass and pressed them closer still. As soon as he became capable of rational thought again, Cody narrowed it down to only one. It’s him! He wanted to scream it to the entire world. It’s him! He found me!"
—from Cody's Revelation by Lavinia Lewis
+Quote Post
Post #2165
Oogie-Boogie

Member No.: 617

post Mar 17 2014, 09:09 AM
Maud Pie

I have to say.... I like this Episode.
Maud Pie is so unfazed, calm, cool and rather smooth it is impressive. And she doesn’t come across like a Jerk.
From the beginning of the Episode it was clear for me that Pinkie and Maude had a big understanding of each other.
And Mauds Scenes of showing emotions were powerful because she was rather emotionless.
And she is a incredible strong Badass. She is probably the strongest of all MLP: FiM Characters, at least in the physical sense. Don’t know that rock farming does to somebody’s body, but it seems to enhance the body immensely.
Pinkie Pie took probability many points in endurance and speed. Also slight reality warping and social abilities.

Seeing a character that is not overacting or is to emotional sometimes is also refreshing.
I also thought Maud Pie was played by Tara Strong, emulating her famous role of Raven from Teen Titans somewhat, but no she is played by another actress.

But one thing: Why couldn’t Maud Pie be one of the already introduced Pie sisters? A third sister seems odd, especially if she wasn’t seen in “The Cutie Mark Chronicles” in Pinkies Flashback.

In short: A good Episode in my opinion.

--------------------
Oh, brother, you're something, you put me in a spin
You aren't comprehending the position that you're in
It's hopeless, you're finished, you haven't got a prayer
'Cause I'm Mr. Oogie Boogie and you ain't going nowhere

My MSTings:

Silent Ponyville - In Progress. Team-Mock with Maniak. 1/5 Chapters mocked.

Human Emotions - Portal/Slender Man One Shot

The Incredible Adventures of Professor Mykan, A Yu-Gi-Oh!/Totally Spies Crossover - In Progress 2/31 Chapters mocked

Women of Cheese vs. Trainee for a massive Man - Naruto/The Incredible Hulk One-Shot Crossover.
+Quote Post
Post #2166
The Gravity Breaker

Member No.: 812

post Mar 17 2014, 10:03 AM
I rather enjoyed the episode too. Then again, I always enjoy Pinkie episodes and I always like characters who don't show a lot of emotion too, so I suppose it was expected. Maud was really hilarious at times. I especially liked the rock poem part.

--------------------

I just want a hug. Is that so wrong?
+Quote Post
Post #2167
TheLameGamer

Unikitty is Best Princess

Member No.: 908

post Mar 19 2014, 07:01 AM
Season 4 has definitely been pretty good so far. I'm really glad the show didn't decay with seasonal rot like many of us had predicted after the less than stellar Season 3.

Also this...

--------------------
"Yes Daphne!" battlecries Frad, "Now go, and suck these balls till they bleed the glory of AMERICA!!!!!" - ComicsNix, Scooby Doo and the Trip of Lust
+Quote Post
Post #2168
Maniak

post Mar 19 2014, 08:50 AM
QUOTE (TheLameGamer @ Mar 19 2014, 04:01 PM) *
Season 4 has definitely been pretty good so far. I'm really glad the show didn't decay with seasonal rot like many of us had predicted after the less than stellar Season 3.

Eh. I think season 4 had its up and downs.
I mean, the season is overall quite solid so far and even the episodes I did not like that much were not bad by default or so. But I think there has been a lot of average stuff in it here and there. Overall I consider season 2 so far still the better season overall, although Pinkie Pride is probably one of my favorite episodes of the show ever so far.

But nothing can top the comics now, where it is revealed that Starswirl the Bearded and Celestia once travelled across the multiverse and Celestia may have ended up in a liaison with Sombra.
Gimme the money now, I want fuckign mirror universe action

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #2169
TheLameGamer

post Mar 19 2014, 09:17 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Mar 19 2014, 11:50 AM) *
Eh. I think season 4 had its up and downs.
I mean, the season is overall quite solid so far and even the episodes I did not like that much were not bad by default or so. But I think there has been a lot of average stuff in it here and there. Overall I consider season 2 so far still the better season overall, although Pinkie Pride is probably one of my favorite episodes of the show ever so far.

But nothing can top the comics now, where it is revealed that Starswirl the Bearded and Celestia once travelled across the multiverse and Celestia may have ended up in a liaison with Sombra.
Gimme the money now, I want fuckign mirror universe action

Don't get me wrong, I highly doubt we'll ever have a season as kickass as Season 2, but I'm just glad that the cartoon hasn't slumped into recycling the same shit over and over (a la Regular Show and Spongebob Squarepants).

--------------------
"Yes Daphne!" battlecries Frad, "Now go, and suck these balls till they bleed the glory of AMERICA!!!!!" - ComicsNix, Scooby Doo and the Trip of Lust
+Quote Post
Post #2170
TedioreSplitz

The Apprentice to the Master of Metal

Member No.: 824

post Mar 19 2014, 11:49 AM
Am I wrong in thinking that it seemed the Writers made Maud and Pinkie near perfectly contrast and play off of one another? Also another thing, was it just me or did anyone have Kenshiro go, "ATATATATA-ad infinitum," when Maud saved pinkie from the boulder that was about to crush her?

--------------------
You only need to Click once, Fool.

+Quote Post
Post #2171
Maniak

post Mar 21 2014, 10:07 AM
So, the latest MLP comic arcs deals about travelling to parallel worlds?

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2172
TedioreSplitz

The Apprentice to the Master of Metal

Member No.: 824

post Mar 21 2014, 08:42 PM
Oh my god, those faces.

--------------------
You only need to Click once, Fool.

+Quote Post
Post #2173
Dashguy

Hyper Member

Member No.: 712

post Mar 22 2014, 07:21 AM
On MLP related news, the people behind the "Button Mash" series (if you don't know it, it's okay, you're not missing anything) received a C&D from Hasbro.

Bronies, as expected, reacted accordingly.
+Quote Post
Post #2174
Agnitio Ex Machina

going places

Member No.: 620

post Mar 22 2014, 10:12 AM
QUOTE (Dashguy @ Mar 22 2014, 08:21 AM) *
On MLP related news, the people behind the "Button Mash" series (if you don't know it, it's okay, you're not missing anything) received a C&D from Hasbro.

Bronies, as expected, reacted accordingly.

In the world of new marketing where social media reigns supreme, these actions by Hasbro are only going to hurt itself in the long term with less community engagement. With the internet, the risk of plagiarism for profit is minimized thanks to the easy and quick access of information so carpet-bombing fan works is not wise. Anyways this part of the new model basically encourages fans to create content to strengthen community ties and customer-company dialogue. This really goes for any company that wishes to strengthen its brand.

This post has been edited by Agnitio Ex Machina: Mar 22 2014, 10:14 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Al_Cone)
I don't think you thought this one through, Machinavelli.
+Quote Post
Post #2175
TheLameGamer

post Mar 22 2014, 09:08 PM
I don't get why. I mean regardless of what your opinions on the Button Mash cartoon are, it's pretty fucking harmless. I can get wanting to shut down something like Molestia which paints your characters in a negative light, but Button Mash was more or less a fan-creation that stayed well within the bounds of the show.

Unfortunately, there is the fact that a lot of Button Mash fans are sexually attracted to his mom. That might of had something to do with it...

Button Mash fan-art, not even once...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #2176
Shmeckie

Rawrrr!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Mar 23 2014, 08:45 AM
QUOTE (TheLameGamer @ Mar 23 2014, 01:08 AM) *
I don't get why. I mean regardless of what your opinions on the Button Mash cartoon are, it's pretty fucking harmless. I can get wanting to shut down something like Molestia which paints your characters in a negative light, but Button Mash was more or less a fan-creation that stayed well within the bounds of the show.

That can also be a problem; casual viewers may believe it's actually an official production.

--------------------

Dad taught me to never give up. And when it comes to women, never take 'no' for an answer, and only sometimes take 'get off me' or 'I'm calling the police' for an answer.
~Christopher Titus
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #2177
Al_Cone

Where we're going, we don't need nanomachines
Group Icon

Member No.: 162

post Apr 4 2014, 08:40 PM
I...uh...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #2178
Viashino_wizard

That's a Jimmybean!

Member No.: 222

post Apr 4 2014, 09:04 PM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Apr 4 2014, 09:40 PM) *

This post has been edited by Viashino_wizard: Apr 4 2014, 09:05 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (TigerEyes)
Change is mandatory. It's progress that's optional.

"Stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things are very popular but I'm a fan of extraordinary people trying to do ordinary things"
-Kelly Turnbull

Let's Play Pokemon Blue Version: Hardcore (Canceled)
+Quote Post
Post #2179
Maniak

post Apr 4 2014, 11:08 PM
Well... that happened.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2180
Matthew Garcia91390123

Jaeger Ranger Wannabe

Member No.: 790

post Apr 5 2014, 12:15 AM
QUOTE (Al_Cone @ Apr 4 2014, 09:40 PM) *

--------------------
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me.
-Twin Peaks

So, since this is not the review in which I promise no personal attacks, I'm just going to spend the rest of this sentence saying what a fucked-up, know-nothing, uncreative, fat, stupid, whiny crybaby JDR is. I'm afraid that browbeating and intimidating your own fucked-up New Age hippy family has left you with the assumption your words are scathing to someone like me. They're not, you ugly old tranny. Get back to wishing you were 14 years old again so your perverted obsession with anime wouldn't seem so pathetic.
-John Solomon
+Quote Post

113 Pages V  « < 107 108 109 110 111 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:18 AM