> Summer 2016 anime
Post #1
64SuperNintendo

Tourist

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536

post Jun 10 2016, 08:09 PM
https://www.livechart.me/summer-2016/tv

New Berserk anime coming out, and 91 Days looks cool (mainly because I really like period pieces). Apart from that, nothing else looks eye-catching, it's the same stuff as always. Cheer Danshi looks... ehhhhh.

https://www.livechart.me/summer-2016/movies

Everyone's favorite anime Monogatari. Naruto movie. Free movie. Pokemon movie. Initial D movie. Blah.

https://www.livechart.me/summer-2016/ovas

Nothing much to say about these except that Hantsu x Trash looks like possibly one of the most accurate anime titles ever.

Discuss.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2
Ratatoskr

Super-double-dupity squirrely

Member No.: 1,615

post Jun 11 2016, 10:16 AM
All right, let's see what we got this season.

Attached Image
This could be cool. It's got an interesting premise and setting, so it's definitely got potential.

Attached Image
So it's like some Yotsuba kinda thing?
I'm a bit wary of the whole "student" thing, but other than that, this seems harmless enough.

Attached Image
Well, I'll definitely be watching this, that's for certain.
Not too big on the CGI, but I'll give it a shot, regardless.

Attached Image
Not sure who was really waiting for another Danganronpa anime, especially since Seiji Kishi is an incompetent boob and the fact that Danganronpa 2 concluded just fine, without much need for another direct sequel.
Plus, the source material really isn't all that strong either, so trying to milk another anime out it strikes me as a bad idea all around.
Hopefully, they'll cut down on the poorly-conceived references at least. I really don't want to see them try to ruin JoJo any more than they already did.

Attached Image
Fuck off, Studio DEEN.

Attached Image
Oh shit yes. Adapting ONE's works is always great.

Attached Image
This is just sad.
I can't even comprehend how messed up your entire society must be if there's so many people who sincerely consider high school to be the best time of their lives to the point where they wish they could do it all over again.

Attached Image
This one, on the other hand, just drags out the high school experience into their working career, which I guess is slightly less pathetic.

Attached Image
Probably one of the better things on the list, to be honest.

Attached Image
Oh hey, neat. Yona turned out to be surprisingly good, so it's nice to see them adapt more of it.

Attached Image
I don't think the UN actually has that kind of power. Nor do I think they would employ 17-year-olds. This entire thing sounds like a mistake.
+Quote Post
Post #3
NiGHTS Noob

Ys VIII Hell Yeah!

Member No.: 210

post Jun 12 2016, 02:40 PM
Re-Life's a little smarter about it than that thankfully. I'm not saying it's particularly good, it's filled with rather stock characters you can call a mile away, but it does handle the idea of an adult going back to high school rather intelligently.

He gets in serious trouble for pulling out cigarettes because its so routine for him, he doesn't remember much of the subjects he needed to know going into that year and repeatedly flunks his makeup tests, some other students come over to help him study because school's kicking his ass and he has to hide all his beer and try to explain why he has an old sound system and music collection. When he realizes he might be crushing on a high school girl he absolutely freaks and legitimately tries to push her away and slap some sense into himself; which is nice to see for a change even if RETARDED PLOT TWIST she's part of Re-Life too. While its clear he genuinely enjoys his time in high school the series goes with an "it ain't all sunshine and rainbows" approach which is nice.

Also he was clearly way more excited for the spring festival than all the regular students who legitimately couldn't give less of a shit which was pretty realistic knowing most seniors.

I stopped reading it because I just couldn't be asked to give a shit anymore, but yeah, it's not the worst implementation of the concept I could imagine.

This post has been edited by NiGHTS Noob: Jun 12 2016, 02:43 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Some dude at Mangafox)
Did I mention that one time I hacked into the CIA's central files using only an NES and a Power Glove? Yep, that was pretty cool.
+Quote Post
Post #4
Master of AFTER

Working, man.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Jun 15 2016, 11:14 PM
Attached Image

Anime is saved. :')

--------------------

"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Pablo Picasso
+Quote Post
Post #5
shiroamasa

Greetings, Project After-san.

Member No.: 340

post Jun 17 2016, 09:07 PM
I'd rather watch the banana cats than the other summer anime.

--------------------
"GAAAAAAAAAAME!" -HCBailly

"I'm HCBailly, and my cat is sleeping on my subwoofer." -HCBailly, playing Final Fantasy 3/6

"SURPRISE FISH!" - Deceased Crab

"Whoa, dude! Want some pizza with your brain arms?" Retsupurae, on Quadraxis14's LP of Contra 3

"How rude!" HCBailly, playing Secret of Mana.

+Quote Post
Post #6
Darth Nightmaricus

Tourist

Member No.: 1,522

post Oct 10 2016, 04:38 PM
All I have to say is:

The more Rinne, the better.

Thanks, Ms. Takahashi.
+Quote Post
Post #7
truthordeal

Advanced Member

Member No.: 631

post Oct 15 2016, 07:29 AM
Dunno how many of you remember this or were even around here, but a few years ago Shmeckie posted this really cool manga one shot called Koe no Katachi. It was about a deaf girl and her being bullied by her classmates throughout grade school. It eventually turned into a serial manga, and a year ago or so it was put on the anime chart. Thankfully it seems as if they decided not to make it an anime series, but instead a movie, meaning that you shouldn't have to worry about every anime-obsessed troglodyte on the Internet trolling on about their waifus and adding their garbage memes to its existence.

Anyway, here's the trailer. It probably won't get licensed over here for a bit, so not-fansubs and a dub will take a while.

Looks good though. I'm really looking forward to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2017 - 01:03 PM