Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "We Watch MLP" Thread
Post #2321
T_K_17

LADIES.

Group: Members
Member No.: 192

post Jun 27 2014, 11:53 AM
Is the object supposed to not react properly to the subtle movement of his hands? That is some bad CGI.

--------------------

Mocks:
1. Digiball Z - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (f)
2. Saiyaman (f)
3. Saiyaman 2 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
4. Teen Titans vs Project AFTER - 2 3 (f)
5. Desires Unspoken - Deluxe Special Edition (f)
6. TK versus Birdboy | Fandom | Empire - Part 1
7. Garden of EVA - Sucks Everybody! (f)
8. What is War? - 1 2
9. My Little Unicorn: Star Fleet Magic - 1 2
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #2322
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Jun 27 2014, 08:31 PM
QUOTE (P Dot Alex @ Jun 27 2014, 08:15 PM) *
All I can think of watching that scene is "God, the CGI is terrible".

156 Million dollar budget as far as I know.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #2323
KingMan

Hyper Member

Member No.: 745

post Jun 28 2014, 09:51 PM
They might as well pull a Joker and burn all that cash. What a waste.

Back on topic, how are the comics coming along?

This post has been edited by KingMan: Jun 28 2014, 09:51 PM

--------------------
"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie

"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2324
Maniak

post Jun 28 2014, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Jun 29 2014, 07:51 AM) *
They might as well pull a Joker and burn all that cash. What a waste.
Back on topic, how are the comics coming along?

Be glad we are not on 4chan, cause then you had a 456 answer containing thread here about the subject.

Short version: The latest story arc (The mirror universe story, where the cast travels into an AU where Celestia and Luna are evil, Sombra lives and is the good king of Canterlot who was in a relationship with main universe Celestia in the past and so on) was a freaking disaster.

Instead of putting the focus on a major conflict like main cast fighting their evil versions (you know, just do the typical mirror universe tropes you expect because no one else wants anything different) the four issues spend too much time on CelestiaxAU Sombra shipping, to the point that no emphasize is put on anything else and everything gets rushed in the end. And as much as I hate to agree with 4chan posters, the accusation that Celestia comes off as rather selfish in the storyline is correct. Not whinny selfish as Korra in the first few episodes of s2 of LoK, but her actions are more or less OOC and put the entire world for no explicable reason at risk, with her having travelled multiple times to the alternate reality in the past because she had the hots for Sombra somehow damaging the reality boundary or whatever.

The resolution to the conflict is put up in less than 6 pages with Sombra out of nowhere controlling the EoH to suck up all the evil in AU Celestia and Luna, becoming evil himself (so evil is now a parasitic force instead of something of your own willing? Great. Every Carebear cliche ever) and the writer giving us the middle finger by making a stupid extra bonus comic that makes fun of the fact an evil main cast did not show up at all, although that was why people came n the first place and was promoted by cover artwork.

In fact, this pic sums it up best:
Attached Image

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #2325
KingMan

Hyper Member

post Jun 28 2014, 11:41 PM
So, in short, the comic has basically jumped the shark.

Welp... Unless the writers climb out of their swimming pool full of money for five minutes and realize that the current direction the comic is taking is not working out, I guess it's safe to say that the comic is finished in terms of making anything of even remotely decent quality. I'm probably jumping the gun here, but I've seen this pattern enough times to know that the writers are not going to learn jack shit from this.

This post has been edited by KingMan: Jun 28 2014, 11:43 PM

--------------------
"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2326
Maniak

post Jun 28 2014, 11:46 PM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Jun 29 2014, 09:41 AM) *
So, in short, the comic has basically jumped the shark.

Welp... Unless the writers climb out of their swimming pool full of money for five minutes and realize that the current direction the comic is taking is not working out, I guess it's safe to say that the comic is finished in terms of making anything of even remotely decent quality. I'm probably jumping the gun here, but I've seen this pattern enough times to know that the writers are not going to learn jack shit from this.

it depends. They at least suck at "epic". If they realize that and stuck with comedy (also irt was mostly Katie Cooks fault) it may improve. Then again, I doubt the comic will stay fir more than ten more issues

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2327
KingMan

Hyper Member

post Jun 28 2014, 11:49 PM
Just 10 issues, eh? Do you think it's because of the declining quality or because the suits were planning to end it there anyway?

--------------------

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2328
Maniak

post Jun 29 2014, 07:17 AM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Jun 29 2014, 09:49 AM) *
Just 10 issues, eh? Do you think it's because of the declining quality or because the suits were planning to end it there anyway?

1. Define quality when it comes to the MLP comics. Even I consider them at best a short distraction from boredom. So yeah, never much quality expected to begin with and I just can't see the comics doing anything "spectacular" storywise to ever get a huge amount of readers who would want to read it because of actual quality and not because of ponies. The best storyline in my opinion was the one of issue 5-8 and that was already little kids cartoon niveau.

2. I like to think the entire pony hype will die sooner or later in the next two years and result in the immediate "death" of anything related to it. You know, decline in comics despite hardcore bronies still buying shit and stuff, cause a new hype has taken over.

Granted, that view is almost optimistic (we know that shit will keep going) but still. I just dont see the MLP comics to be a long time hit/investment for IDW in general.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2329
KingMan

Hyper Member

post Jun 29 2014, 07:27 AM
Good points, there. Yeah, maybe I was expecting too much for this comic. :\

You know, maybe one of these days, I can do an in-depth analysis/retrospective of the entire comic series. Then again, it might be pointless, given that it's just a kids' comic and all, but it's something I've wanted to do.

This post has been edited by KingMan: Jun 29 2014, 07:28 AM

--------------------

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #2330
Maniak

post Jun 29 2014, 08:14 AM
QUOTE (KingMan @ Jun 29 2014, 05:27 PM) *
Good points, there. Yeah, maybe I was expecting too much for this comic. :\

You know, maybe one of these days, I can do an in-depth analysis/retrospective of the entire comic series. Then again, it might be pointless, given that it's just a kids' comic and all, but it's something I've wanted to do.

in depth analysis? The way I see it, I can do that sort of thing in regard of the shorter story arcs after my exams. And when I say "in depth" I mean a short explanation of what works and what not. And what does not work? two words as spoiler:

Pointless references.

Well that and the mini series issues suck ass for the majority.
I am actually looking now what the next story arc is going to be, as it involves artwork I hate, but supposedly is only two issues again and revolves around Trixie as second character.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #2331
Dashguy

Hyper Member

Member No.: 712

post Jun 29 2014, 08:48 AM
I love seeing Bronies complaining about a female character getting derailed when them themselves are experts in turning canon characters into blow up dolls for their retarded self-inserts and forgetting Luna once went apeshit basically because ponies slept during her night.

Honestly, I liked Celestia as a flawed being instead of the always wise and in control royalty we see everywhere. It made for a nice change.

But back on the topic of expectations, the next issue of "Friends Forever" (which I haven't even bothered with since they all seem they suck racoon balls, mind you) will involve Rarity and Applejack going into some kind of trip, which is definitely something relevant to my interests.

+Quote Post
Post #2332
Kyo Kusanagi

Squid Ghost

Member No.: 863

post Jun 30 2014, 10:49 AM
QUOTE (Dashguy @ Jun 29 2014, 11:48 AM) *
I love seeing Bronies complaining about a female character getting derailed when them themselves are experts in turning canon characters into blow up dolls for their retarded self-inserts and forgetting Luna once went apeshit basically because ponies slept during her night.

That's funny, but doesn't justify a characterbeing derailed
Honestly, I liked Celestia as a flawed being instead of the always wise and in control royalty we see everywhere. It made for a nice change.

There are many ways for Celestia flawed and not make her unlikable as a result.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #2333
Dashguy

Hyper Member

Member No.: 712

post Jun 30 2014, 11:39 AM
QUOTE (Kyo Kusanagi @ Jun 30 2014, 03:49 PM) *
There are many ways for Celestia flawed and not make her unlikable as a result.

She was constantly struggling with her emotions and ultimately even accepted getting sealed for the sake of both worlds. I hardly think she's deserving of all the hate Bronies are sperging.
+Quote Post

117 Pages V  « < 115 116 117
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 05:33 PM