Post #14421
Geth N7

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 992

post Mar 9 2017, 02:26 PM
QUOTE (CuChulainn1290 @ Mar 9 2017, 02:23 PM) *
Quick follow-up!

My little brother is a match. As such, we're skipping the second round of chemo and going straight into bone marrow stuff.

*dons party hat*

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #14422
CuChulainn1290

A very angry goose, clad in orange

Member No.: 520

post Mar 20 2017, 08:41 PM
Well. Here we are, I guess.

Finally checked into my room at City of Hope where I'll be staying for another month of my 2017. Got my last shot of palifermin to toughen up my GI tract. Met with the doctors for one last talk (platelets dropped again, but considering my recent biopsy turned up clean that's not much to consider). It's actually pretty nice. No geese outside the window, but I actually have a view of a city skyline compared to the stairwell or the back of a building like at my old hospital. Plus, everything's a step up tech-wise around here.

I freely admit that I have a distinct sense of dread going into this. This is pretty much the point where anything could go horribly wrong, even though most of the odds are in my favor. But it'd be such a shame to quit now when I'm on the final stretch.

Tomorrow is the start of radiation.

Lezgo.

--------------------
"I am the bone of my snark...
Courage is my body,
and logic is my blood.
I have read over a thousand fanfics.
Unknown to love,
Nor known to hate,
Have withstood great mindscrews to read many fanfics...
Yet those eyes will never see anything again...
So hear me, as I pray...
UNLIMITED MOCK WORKS!"

QUOTE (Truth)
"Who am I? One name you might have for me is the world, or you might call me the universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am All, and I am One. So, of course, this also means that I am you. I am the truth of your despair, the inescapable price of your boastfulness."

Current Mocks

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4: Misty Storyline (DISCONTINUED)

The War of Megazords VS Gundams (ON HIATUS: 4/27 Complete)

Ultima: The Crossing of Universes (ON HIATUS: 5/45 Complete)

World League of Cartoon Quidditch (In Progress: 4/74 Complete)

LPs

Let's Play SD Gundam G Generation Overworld! (Current Mission: A-2)
+Quote Post
Post #14423
Geth N7

Regular

post Mar 20 2017, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (CuChulainn1290 @ Mar 20 2017, 08:41 PM) *

Finally checked into my room at City of Hope where I'll be staying for another month of my 2017. Got my last shot of palifermin to toughen up my GI tract. Met with the doctors for one last talk (platelets dropped again, but considering my recent biopsy turned up clean that's not much to consider). It's actually pretty nice. No geese outside the window, but I actually have a view of a city skyline compared to the stairwell or the back of a building like at my old hospital. Plus, everything's a step up tech-wise around here.

I freely admit that I have a distinct sense of dread going into this. This is pretty much the point where anything could go horribly wrong, even though most of the odds are in my favor. But it'd be such a shame to quit now when I'm on the final stretch.

Lezgo.

You have my prayers, my friend. May you pass through this crucible with the impurities of disease burned away and what's left will be a body free to experience life with even more vigor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #14424
GorillaGamer

Shillin' Best Girl from Fire Emblem: Echoes

Member No.: 1,378

post Mar 21 2017, 03:12 AM
QUOTE (CuChulainn1290 @ Mar 21 2017, 03:11 PM) *

Lezgo.

Good luck, my friend. Know that I'll always be there with you, in one way or another.

--------------------
List of mocks can be found here: Here

QUOTE (AnItalianGuy @ May 27 2016, 02:03 AM) *
Jesus man what is up with you and all of those waifus! Are you secretly the "Ultimate Pimp"?
+Quote Post
Post #14425
truthordeal

Advanced Member

Member No.: 631

post Mar 21 2017, 07:26 AM
QUOTE (CuChulainn1290 @ Mar 20 2017, 11:41 PM) *

Lezgo.

Congratulations. Just one huge step away from everything getting better. You got this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #14426
CuChulainn1290

post Mar 24 2017, 12:21 PM
Radiation treatment is done.

And they gave me a medal and a certificate for exposing my body to 13.2 gray over four days.

Not bad for a guy with a half-assed body.

--------------------
Courage is my body,
and logic is my blood.
Unknown to love,
Nor known to hate,
So hear me, as I pray...
UNLIMITED MOCK WORKS!"

QUOTE (Truth)
"Who am I? One name you might have for me is the world, or you might call me the universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am All, and I am One. So, of course, this also means that I am you. I am the truth of your despair, the inescapable price of your boastfulness."

Current Mocks

LPs

+Quote Post
Post #14427
Geth N7

Regular

post Mar 24 2017, 12:26 PM
QUOTE (CuChulainn1290 @ Mar 24 2017, 12:21 PM) *
Radiation treatment is done.

And they gave me a medal and a certificate for exposing my body to 13.2 gray over four days.

Not bad for a guy with a half-assed body.

Don't sell yourself short. You passed through fire and it only forged you into a stronger metal that will not break to what had afflicted you.

Be proud and live your life without fear now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #14428
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Rocket Cuddles
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Apr 14 2017, 08:07 PM
Some little things have popped up...

-Since my collection of tabletop gaming books is getting bigger, I'm planning to buy a new book shelf tomorrow. And maybe check out that new smoothie place while I'm at it..
-My mom now needs to have a walker since her muscles are atrophying a bit.
-My sister's b-day is on the same day as Easter so it will be two special dinners in one. I just hope we don't get into any political discussions. Especially with what Trump has done lately (that I have mixed feelings on).

--------------------
"The ceiling is a floor, too, if you believe in yourself."-Lupin, Breaking Cat News

-Go see my coloring work at my Deviantart Account.
-Check out and critique my new World of Darkness fancreation, Angel: The Revelation.
(Now with a better link.)
+Quote Post
Post #14429
truthordeal

Advanced Member

post Apr 15 2017, 07:53 AM
Busy weekend for you, then. Hope it's politics free on your end.

My Easter's looking fairly plain. I've got a paper on Machiavelli due in a little under two weeks, so I'm busy on that rather than looking for eggs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #14430
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Rocket Cuddles
Group Icon

post Apr 17 2017, 04:58 AM
QUOTE (truthordeal @ Apr 15 2017, 10:53 AM) *
Busy weekend for you, then. Hope it's politics free on your end.

My Easter's looking fairly plain. I've got a paper on Machiavelli due in a little under two weeks, so I'm busy on that rather than looking for eggs.

It was pretty much politics free other than a few mentions. Over all, it was a very nice visit and we all watched "IT's the Easter Beagle, charlie Brown" as well.

--------------------
"The ceiling is a floor, too, if you believe in yourself."-Lupin, Breaking Cat News

-Check out and critique my new World of Darkness fancreation, Angel: The Revelation.
+Quote Post
Post #14431
CuChulainn1290

post Apr 18 2017, 09:21 PM
Guess who's back! Kind of.

It's currently T-Day + 21. I want to say the worst of it is behind me, but I still feel like I'm well away from where I need to be. On the one hand, I'm back to being to mostly active, even if it's just lapping the halls twice a day.

But I still haven't been able to eat or drink pretty much anything since I ended my radiation treatment, mostly because my food kept coming back up. Adding to the fact is that my taste buds are still out and, well, I haven't had a lot of motivation. Now, I can keep it down, but it's not a very pleasant feeling in my stomach and I can't sleep on my sides. My doctor says if it doesn't improve by day 25 we may have to start digging around to make sure there's no GVHD going on where I can't see it.

--------------------
Courage is my body,
and logic is my blood.
Unknown to love,
Nor known to hate,
So hear me, as I pray...
UNLIMITED MOCK WORKS!"

QUOTE (Truth)

Current Mocks

LPs

+Quote Post
Post #14432
truthordeal

Advanced Member

post Jun 10 2017, 09:04 PM
So I'm taking a Latin course over the summer to get it checked off as a language requirement. It's not terrible. Only have to endure it for two months, so I can't complain too much.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #14433
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Rocket Cuddles
Group Icon

post Jul 15 2017, 04:40 PM
I've been running a Vampire: The Masquerade game with two other people. We're all enjoying ourselves and the players' characters could best be described as being like a bickering platonic couple who know they're stuck with each other. It's good to have players that are not easily offended. I had a scene where the local Vampire sheriff who is pretty much the epitome of every southern, arrogant bully-boy lawman stereotype, is harassing a local rebel meeting and the leader (an undead, black 14-year-old) named Damien. Damien mentions how the sheriff likes seven year old boys who call him daddy and he yells back, "Do I look like some kind of rink-dink homo-faggot to you?". The line just came out of my mouth and I looked to the players, wondering if I went too far and not only did they not mind, one of them laughed and said she liked that line.

--------------------

+Quote Post

722 Pages V  « < 720 721 722
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 10:46 AM