Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Movie Thread!
Post #441
Deceiver

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 495

post Aug 16 2015, 08:27 PM
So, I watched Zombeavers and had a pretty good time with it. As you might imagine from the title, it's more comedy than horror, but damned if there isn't a hell of a grim streak running through things. I was greatly surprised to find out the werezombeavers were not just a character's nightmare; even more so than when they first popped that subplot because man, that came out of nowhere. The gore effects were pretty good throughout; they thankfully had almost no CGI, which was a plus because the few instances were fucking terrible; and the zombeaver puppets were oddly cute.

If you watch it, you simply MUST stick around through the credits; the Zombeavers theme song is fantastic.

I liked it enough that I'm willing to check out the possible Zombee sequel, should it come to pass.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #442
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Will kill your waifu.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Aug 17 2015, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (Deceiver @ Aug 16 2015, 11:27 PM) *
So, I watched Zombeavers and had a pretty good time with it. As you might imagine from the title, it's more comedy than horror, but damned if there isn't a hell of a grim streak running through things. I was greatly surprised to find out the werezombeavers were not just a character's nightmare; even more so than when they first popped that subplot because man, that came out of nowhere. The gore effects were pretty good throughout; they thankfully had almost no CGI, which was a plus because the few instances were fucking terrible; and the zombeaver puppets were oddly cute.

If you watch it, you simply MUST stick around through the credits; the Zombeavers theme song is fantastic.

I liked it enough that I'm willing to check out the possible Zombee sequel, should it come to pass.

I agree, those puppets are cute and the animated title sequence has a neat, Scooby-Doo feel to it. If they made a sequel, it would probably have werezombeavers and werezombees fighting each other.

--------------------
"We only see two things in people: what we want to see, and what they want to show us."-Isadora Duncan

Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #443
Deceiver

Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 495

post Aug 17 2015, 07:53 PM
QUOTE (Yaoi Huntress Earth @ Aug 17 2015, 06:16 PM) *
I agree, those puppets are cute and the animated title sequence has a neat, Scooby-Doo feel to it. If they made a sequel, it would probably have werezombeavers and werezombees fighting each other.

Forgot to mention the credits. I enjoyed that.

I would be okay with that sequel. I imagine that'd be the second sequel, though. Like they did with Python, then Boa, then Boa vs. Python.
+Quote Post
Post #444
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Will kill your waifu.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post Aug 21 2015, 04:01 PM
I just finished watching Hellraiser: Inferno and it's pretty good. It's not your typical Hellraiser sequel and is best described a psychological morality play. Though your milage may vary with the main actor.

--------------------
"We only see two things in people: what we want to see, and what they want to show us."-Isadora Duncan

Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2015 - 03:47 AM