Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Death Battle: Twilight VS Lightning Dawn, Not even famed internet series are safe...
Post #21
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,747

post Mar 20 2017, 10:35 AM
One last thing. Recently, Mykan made a little birthday card on Deviantart for his mother. With Pinkie Pie, no less.

Well, that's another similarity we have. No matter how much we act deplorable, we'll always cherise the warm memories of the ones who gave us birth.

Wait a minute. This raises a few questions. Didn't Mykan condemn his mother a while back for "doing nothing" as his father supposedly did actions that would send child protection services hot on his trail (something about a chainsaw)?

--------------------

The mistakes I see in this this work are to be pointed out so they may not be repeated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #22
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Mar 21 2017, 08:38 AM
I am more inclined to ask why Mykan did that for his mother at her birthday.
I mean, making a gag gift for someone you like is nothing bad. Did so myself a couple of times.
But I am not enough of a loser to send my mother a cartoon related birthday greeting.
Frankly, I think the only reason he did that was to make also bonus points with Andrea Libman, cause supposedly he linked that shit also on twitter.

It's just weird. He claims hehates the show and everything related to it, but the first thing he does is make a birthday greeting to his mom with Pinkie Pie.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #23
UnsavoryGlint

Member No.: 2,036

post Mar 21 2017, 09:51 AM
This reminds me of my shitty Discord Rp group, they did a death battle in roleplay...It last five fucking hours and it was a boring goddamn chore to slog through, and they still insist it was an amazing battle even though literally everyone was doing something else and not giving a shit...It also doesn't help that they just use their own Overpowered Original characters.

--------------------
"Did you know that UnsavoryGlint is my old arse Xbox live profile name?, I keep it out of a odd respect for it (although it could due to the fact that its a euphemism for something nasty.)"
+Quote Post
Post #24
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Mar 21 2017, 11:24 AM
Bottom line, folks, Death Battles are REALLY hard to make.

Also, yes, Mykan. I am aware that MLP has done things involving superheroes before, but I think the main problem is this.

Crossover fanfic 101: When you're introducing an element that is extremely out-of-place in the source material, don't mind it. Go right ahead. Only, here's the thing. Keep everyone in character when it happens. It makes for not just an interesting story, but the chances of it getting on a site like this and/or being ridiculed become slim. You can't just have the cast of MLP readily accept having their entire society transition to something new. Hell, in one Starfleet fic, Twilight was having reservations about the monsters being destroyed (or, unbeknownst to her, imprisoned for Unicron-knows how long). We all know how well THAT went down...

Oh, and one more thing. He's planning on a Sentai-esque series in which the cast of the reboot of Littlest Pet Shop are involved.

Well...can't say he's not reaching new territory. If that guy lays a hand on Zoe Trent, however, I will show no mercy.

--------------------

The mistakes I see in this this work are to be pointed out so they may not be repeated.
+Quote Post
Post #25
Maniak

post Mar 21 2017, 12:32 PM
QUOTE (MasterOfNintendo @ Mar 21 2017, 08:24 PM) *
Oh, and one more thing. He's planning on a Sentai-esque series in which the cast of the reboot of Littlest Pet Shop are involved.[/color]

....okay seriously, what is it with this brand of autism and Power Rangers?

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

+Quote Post
Post #26
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Mar 21 2017, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Mar 21 2017, 01:32 PM) *
....okay seriously, what is it with this brand of autism and Power Rangers?

The good news is that, actually, Zoe is his favorite character (thought he'd consider her a Rarity knock-off, but he surprises me pleasantly here). He's planning on shipping her with an alien puppy. Self-insert or actual effort? Well, might as well wait. If it were up to me, I'd go for something more monstrous in appearance. But, that's just me.

Bad news is...yeah. This speaks for itself. Next thing you know, the land of Ooo becomes a knock-off of RPM.

On the subject of Power Rangers, though, I heavily doubt we'll hear anything out of him about the new Power Rangers movie. Not since he's banished himself from every art of celluloid ever.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #27
Maniak

post Mar 22 2017, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (MasterOfNintendo @ Mar 21 2017, 10:47 PM) *
[color="#FF00FF"]The good news is that, actually, Zoe is his favorite character (thought he'd consider her a Rarity knock-off, but he surprises me pleasantly here). He's planning on shipping her with an alien puppy. Self-insert or actual effort? Well, might as well wait. If it were up to me, I'd go for something more monstrous in appearance. But, that's just me.

Again, sometimes don't say much about your preferences.

Also, actual effort?
... why do people still expect him to do something original?

BTW it doesn't surprise me that he wants to ship Zoe with someone. A quick google search reveals that she is voiced by Nicole Oliver. You know, the VA who also voices the horse Mykan has made his maternal waifu? It is just a case of typical projection here.

The thing is, I know jack and shit about the show, so there is nothing I can say about how the characters will be portrayed or how flanderized they will be under Mykan's guidance. That said, I am just convinced it will be like his EQG Power Rangers knock off: Dull.

For starters, Mykan writing a PR knock off to some animated show he "secretely" obsesses about is nothing new.
He did it for Digimon, some show about the american revolution whose title I can't remember right now, MLP now... I am surprised he never went for it with Yugioh or Teen Titans, though in their cases he went with Totally Spies and secret agent shlock inspired stuff.

And frankly, stuff like the Power Ranger in American Revolution era thing was at least fun. In an historically insensitive manner. It's just weir dto see the war of independence being turned into a background fro wood based giant Zords and Mykan ripping off other shows and comics before at the end his self insert kills the antagonist of the story (a 10 year old boy) by reenacting the final battle between Basil and Rattigan.
His old PR stuff was "fun" in an awful way, cause he also used it to spit his vile around.

his new stuff is just dull, ebcause Mykan wants to write action related stuff, but not only does he not understand that action without making us care for the characters in it is pointless, but because his action is also just so dull.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #28
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Mar 22 2017, 09:47 AM
QUOTE (Maniak @ Mar 22 2017, 01:56 AM) *
Again, sometimes don't say much about your preferences.

Also, actual effort?
... why do people still expect him to do something original?

BTW it doesn't surprise me that he wants to ship Zoe with someone. A quick google search reveals that she is voiced by Nicole Oliver. You know, the VA who also voices the horse Mykan has made his maternal waifu? It is just a case of typical projection here.

The thing is, I know jack and shit about the show, so there is nothing I can say about how the characters will be portrayed or how flanderized they will be under Mykan's guidance. That said, I am just convinced it will be like his EQG Power Rangers knock off: Dull.

For starters, Mykan writing a PR knock off to some animated show he "secretely" obsesses about is nothing new.
He did it for Digimon, some show about the american revolution whose title I can't remember right now, MLP now... I am surprised he never went for it with Yugioh or Teen Titans, though in their cases he went with Totally Spies and secret agent shlock inspired stuff.

And frankly, stuff like the Power Ranger in American Revolution era thing was at least fun. In an historically insensitive manner. It's just weir dto see the war of independence being turned into a background fro wood based giant Zords and Mykan ripping off other shows and comics before at the end his self insert kills the antagonist of the story (a 10 year old boy) by reenacting the final battle between Basil and Rattigan.
His old PR stuff was "fun" in an awful way, cause he also used it to spit his vile around.

his new stuff is just dull, ebcause Mykan wants to write action related stuff, but not only does he not understand that action without making us care for the characters in it is pointless, but because his action is also just so dull.

Excellent choice of words.

On the subject of Zoe Trent (the implications behind why she's his favorite make sense, now), Mykan claims he doesn't "ship" her. He would have her fall hopelessly in love with his OC. "Unrequited love", as he would call it. Either he's going to turn her into a an air-head, make his OC a grand-high jerk, or both. We can't be sure. All I can say is, it wont' be suprising in the least if he turns the typical bitch duo in the show into carbon copies of Jackie and Jillian, despite the fact the former duo had their sympathetic moments.

But, hey. This is the guy who just wrote another blog about how he wants his characters. Basically, in his words, one-dimensional and unforgiving. So, basically either dull or jerks. Darkness-Audience-Induced-Apathy comes to mind.

Either way, time will tell if anything comes of this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #29
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Mar 22 2017, 09:41 PM
Actually, I correct myself. While he is basing MANY plot elements off of Dino Charge (as he himself admits), he claims this Littlest Pet Shop based series is truly based off Sailor Moon. I'm getting Sailor Moon: Legend of Zelda flashbacks right now...

Either way, basic story is that Mykan's self-insert (literally named Mykan, surprising no-one) and his two alien-dogs (Crimson and Emerald) have been shot down to Earth 65 million years ago by the alien poacher/polluter/possibly scraped Captain Planet villain Dreck. The macguffins left behind are known as the Creature Crystals and...well, we all know what happens then. Except when Mykan distributes his crystals to a couple of dinosaurs before they're wiped out and they all (heroes and villains) have to go into cryogenic sleep to wait it off. Come present day, the cast of the show gets roped into the whole thing and the search for the crystals begins before a reanimated Dreck goes ape.

...Yep. Who's to say Blythe and the other girls won't be reduced to playing second-fiddle to the guys?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Post #30
UnsavoryGlint

Member No.: 2,036

post Mar 23 2017, 08:42 AM
Alright this is getting ridiculous, how about we mock something else than give the infamous Mykan more attention than he deserves? Seriously, its like mocking phil fish, you're only giving him more credit than anything else.

--------------------
"Did you know that UnsavoryGlint is my old arse Xbox live profile name?, I keep it out of a odd respect for it (although it could due to the fact that its a euphemism for something nasty.)"
+Quote Post
Post #31
MasterOfNintendo

I have risen...

post Mar 23 2017, 11:12 AM
QUOTE (UnsavoryGlint @ Mar 23 2017, 09:42 AM) *
Alright this is getting ridiculous, how about we mock something else than give the infamous Mykan more attention than he deserves? Seriously, its like mocking phil fish, you're only giving him more credit than anything else.

Yeah, I agree. It should probably end here. I'm getting back to the other mock I was doing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2017 - 04:29 PM