Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Movie Thread!
Post #421
Matthew Garcia91390123

Harder, Deader, Faster, Stronger

Group: Members
Member No.: 790

post Apr 13 2015, 07:39 PM

I hate you Hollywood. I hate you so much right now.

--------------------
QUOTE (Shmeckie @ Dec 24 2014, 07:01 AM) *
what is it like being the black chris chan?

if you two combine will you turn into a glowing yin yang symbol that morphs into a giant chinese dragon with no social skills?

If you're facing lewd bears, you should either stop camping in their mating grounds, or change the type of bar you go to.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #422
KingMan

Dedicated Member

Member No.: 745

post Apr 13 2015, 08:02 PM
One the one hand, the concept sounds interesting. On the other, this is likely going to be less an attempt to expand the universe and more of a desperate attempt to revive a major franchise after the debacle that was Salvation.

--------------------

"Why are you TRYING to be aroused?! Is this a Speed-type situation?! Is there a bomb strapped to your dick that'll explode if you get flaccid?" - Shmeckie
"Do what thou wilt, just don't expect others to like your sorry ass."

Current mocks:
Handle With Care
+Quote Post
Post #423
Howlitzer

Running through Zone 6 with my woes

Member No.: 711

post Apr 13 2015, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure what I just watched. I'm not sure if I even could hate it, much less love it.
That was like visual LSD.

--------------------
"You're mistaken; I just don't like you."
---
Supercruise! - a blog about nothing.

Official Child of Prophecy - brought to you by Weekly Shonen Jump
+Quote Post
Post #424
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Apr 14 2015, 12:23 AM
QUOTE (Howlitzer @ Apr 14 2015, 07:18 AM) *
I'm not sure what I just watched. I'm not sure if I even could hate it, much less love it.
That was like visual LSD.

So they turned John Connor into a terminator cyborg who now wants to enslave mankind because of a god complex?
Okay Hollywood, stop. If you want to make a Final Fantasy movie, just do a Final Fantsy movie. Not that shit.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #425
Tron_2.0

Sexy Edition

Member No.: 804

post Apr 19 2015, 07:36 AM
TELL ME

DO YOU LIKE THE DC CINEMATOGRAFIC UNIVERSE

YOU WILL

--------------------
+Quote Post
Post #426
Baguette

Regular

Member No.: 1,402

post Apr 19 2015, 08:05 AM
QUOTE (Tron_2.0 @ Apr 19 2015, 09:36 AM) *
TELL ME

DO YOU LIKE THE DC CINEMATOGRAFIC UNIVERSE

YOU WILL

As someone who didn't like Man of Steel or Nolan's Batman movies, I think it looks... alright...? I'm sure as hell not going to see it anyways. The whole 'Beware the Superman' concept (which I assume they're going for, based off the trailer) has been done amazingly well in other superhero-related media, like in Mark Waid's Irredeemable.
+Quote Post
Post #427
Master of AFTER

Blaze it!
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Apr 22 2015, 12:25 AM
I just moved some recent posts in this thread to other threads in this section. This thread should only be used to discuss movies that you believe are unpopular or obscure enough that you don't think they'd generate sufficient interest among members to warrant their own dedicated thread. Otherwise, if there's a movie you want to talk about, go ahead and open up a new thread for it. And ALWAYS remember to check the boards for existing recent threads about a movie before you mention it in here.

I realize this order might seem needlessly complicated or confusing. What I'm trying to avoid is having the entire Movies and TV subforum reduced to a small handful of threads that get clogged up with people haphazardly jumping between a dozen different topics of conversation at once. I dislike any sort of "general" thread for this reason; normally I'd go ahead and lock this one to encourage more activity across the board, but we seem to have so few regular moviegoers on this community that I'd rather not risk discouraging people from bringing up any movie that isn't super mainstream. This thread will tentatively remain open so that you have a place to talk about those less popular, older, and/or niche genre films you find interesting. For anything else, start a new thread.

Thanks guys! smile.gif

--------------------

"The truth is that you cannot be memorably funny without at some point raising topics which the rich, the powerful and the complacent would prefer to see left alone." - George Orwell
+Quote Post
Post #428
TheOneAndOnly

The world's most pissed-off snow cone

Member No.: 803

post May 15 2015, 12:41 PM
I saw Mad Max: Fury Road last night.

Guys. This is how action movies were meant to be made. I haven't had this much of a blast with a blockbuster in ages. This whole flick was just irreverent fun. And as a fan of the old series, I can safely say that George Miller delivered big time on this one. Tom Hardy is a great Max, no question about it. The costume design and vehicles were, as always, complete eye candy. Seriously, go see this. I can't say anymore without spoiling the fun of this movie.

--------------------
I'm the kind of guy who would spend all of his savings on lottery tickets, win the lottery, and then burn the money for his trash can fire because he lost his home betting on the lottery.
"Never poke fun at fatty fetishists unless you're willing to individually slap down 300 sweaty balls of sexual frustration and heart disease. Trust me, I used to spend a lot of time on Deviant Art."
+Quote Post
Post #429
MelonHead

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: AFTERholics
Member No.: 806

post May 15 2015, 04:09 PM

--------------------

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; ....I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Post #430
Baguette

Regular

Member No.: 1,402

post May 15 2015, 04:45 PM
...A Jem and the Holograms movie? ...Seriously?

Well, considering the popularity of other 80s cartoon reboots (My Little Pony, Transformers...) they might be onto something. I want another live-action He-Man movie for 2016!
+Quote Post
Post #431
MelonHead

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: AFTERholics
Member No.: 806

post May 15 2015, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Baguette @ May 15 2015, 07:45 PM) *
...A Jem and the Holograms movie? ...Seriously?

Well, considering the popularity of other 80s cartoon reboots (My Little Pony, Transformers...) they might be onto something.

Judging from the reaction from the fandom, I'm willing to bet this goes the way of Transformers and G.I. Joe; it will suck.

--------------------

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; ....I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Post #432
Yaoi Huntress Earth

Will kill your waifu.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 125

post May 20 2015, 06:52 PM
QUOTE (MelonHead @ May 15 2015, 06:09 PM) *

I grew up on Jem so this feels like a melodramatic mangling of everything the series was about. Jem did her music, business deals (she owned a music company that was constantly under threat) and image on her terms even if she had to make some painful choices (or question her duel identity). There was an air of fantasy, romance and adventure in it's stories. I'm going to stick with the comic reboot (which looks a lot more promising).

--------------------
"We only see two things in people: what we want to see, and what they want to show us."-Isadora Duncan

Yes, I'm one of those.
+Quote Post
Post #433
MissSarcastic1013

Regular

Member No.: 537

post May 20 2015, 09:15 PM
I'm just waiting for that Voltron movie. My mom is waiting for a Thundercats movie.

--------------------

"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
+Quote Post
Post #434
DeanTheAdequate

Your 50s Dad

Member No.: 536

post May 22 2015, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (TheOneAndOnly @ May 15 2015, 04:41 PM) *
I saw Mad Max: Fury Road last night.

Guys. This is how action movies were meant to be made. I haven't had this much of a blast with a blockbuster in ages. This whole flick was just irreverent fun. And as a fan of the old series, I can safely say that George Miller delivered big time on this one. Tom Hardy is a great Max, no question about it. The costume design and vehicles were, as always, complete eye candy. Seriously, go see this. I can't say anymore without spoiling the fun of this movie.

Yes. A two hour chase scene with characterization for everyone without bogging things down with origin stories and flashbacks. You can't find action flicks like this anymore. It's rater R for fucks sake.... how did that happen? In this age of the PG-13 "Take the teens milk money!" schemes we got... well... a Mad Max film. It didn't need to make sense, it didn't have some kind of overt message other than "Making people breeding slaves is wrong" (That was the message, right internet?), and most of all it let the story unfold around Max. People are bitching about how Max isn't really the "Star" of the film. Well no, he isn't. He's the traveler, the character in which we can see all the events of the story, thus we follow him. Much like the protagonists in many westerns, Max is there to go in, kick some ass to A) Survive and then B) Do the right thing for no other reason than it's RIGHT.

We need the badass hero again. Another film like this or the original "Transporter". Good stuff.

--------------------
The forgotten member of the "Tribe of Spoon"

Winner of CCC #107- I've decided to let it all go to my head, then my pancreas, then a short trip to the gonads for release.
Winner of CCC #129- Took me a while to push this rock back up the hill and... whoops.
Winner of CCC #136- Whoo-Hoo! Whiskey and hookers on me! Seriously, drape them upon my slumbering mass.
Winner of CCC #137- Two in a row! Do you believe in Miracles?! No seriously, the hell was up with that Jackie Chan flick?
Winner of CCC #143- I'm so drunk on power now! I've sold all my tanker trucks full of Baily's Irish Creme to balance things out.
Winner of CCC #147- Comrades! Rejoice in the conquering of the bourgeois pigs with this caption of dressing down weeaboos!
Winner of CCC #164- Yes another one in the win colu... Who am I kidding? Dr. O deserves this one.
Winner of CCC#165- Victory is mine! Dudes, line up on my right for high fives. Ladies, line up on the left for make-outs.
+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2015 - 03:52 PM