> The Legend of Korra
Post #361
Shmeckie

Jewish Sensibilities!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

post Dec 28 2014, 05:56 PM
Delfage, are you 10 years old? Wait, don't answer that, because I want you to shut up and stop posting.

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Post #362
Delfage

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,387

post Dec 28 2014, 06:02 PM
Everyone else is getting attention from their posts, why can't I?
+Quote Post
Post #363
GFW

good kid DAWG city

Group: Members
Member No.: 196

post Dec 28 2014, 06:28 PM
cos you don't warrant it.

--------------------
Protect Lil B at all costsÖ He is a gem to the Earth and The Planets

QUOTE (PA's best member)
So if anyone thinks that I have been in dangerous problems then I say give me liberty or give me death.

QUOTE (some canadian guy idk)
Misanthropy and other fashionable cynicisms are nothing more than the most shallow depth of intellect parading as enlightened wisdom.
+Quote Post
Post #364
TigerEyes

City Hunter!
Group Icon

Member No.: 23

post Dec 28 2014, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (Delfage @ Dec 28 2014, 06:02 PM) *
Everyone else is getting attention from their posts, why can't I?

Who'sagoodwittledictionary? YOU are! Yes, YOU are! Go get the treat, boy! Aww, lookitthat, it's your FAVORITE bookmark!

Look, it's unnecessary to fish for compliments. It usually just comes off as desperate and phony, anyway. If people want to praise you or talk about your posts, they will. Howzabout we get back to the topic at hand, mm'kay? =)

--------------------
ďAll men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.Ē

- T.E. Lawrence.

"Know pain, no gain. No pain, know gain."
+Quote Post
Post #365
Howlitzer

get #rekt m8

Member No.: 711

post Dec 28 2014, 07:25 PM
#rektfest 2014

--------------------
QUOTE (Screaming_Soulcatcher @ Dec 28 2013, 02:16 AM) *
But now, I realize I got so much to live for; and so much to work on. I'm not just gonna be normal, I'm going to be fucking amazing.

"You guys got fat while I was fast asleep; meet me in the castle keep...it's going...down."
---
Supercruise! - a blog about writing, blue hedgehogs, and education on both
Official Bullying Ranger - sponsored by the Novis Orbis Librarium
+Quote Post
Post #366
Master of AFTER

All smiles.
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

post Dec 29 2014, 03:32 AM
So anyway... Aside from Korra and Asami triumphantly coming out of the closet in the series' final moments, what did everybody think of the show's last few episodes?

--------------------

Thou wilt never know all, nor wilt all ever know thou.
+Quote Post
Post #367
Shmeckie

Jewish Sensibilities!
Group Icon

Member No.: 18

post Dec 29 2014, 03:37 AM
Pretty baller all around, though as I said, Kuvira's defeat and giving her a freudian excuse was a major cop-out. Also Kuvira felt overall underwhelming compared to previous villains, though still pretty cool. Also Not-Miyazaki died, so that was a plus.

--------------------

They say "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." I think "being offended" is the last refuge of a small mind.
~Quentin Tarantino
Dude, do my a favor and get go away. Please?
+Quote Post
Post #368
Maniak

I will mock all the fanfics in the TRI STATE AREA!!!

Member No.: 345

post Dec 29 2014, 05:24 AM
It was okay. As much of an idiot as Dobson is, I kind of agree with him on the idea that this season finale felt more personal in regard of the characters. Which considering that season 4s theme was also about Korra coming to terms with her shortcomings and trauma of season 3 is fitting. Kuvira was boss, I agree with Shmeckies opinion about her in the end (although I have more of a problem that her reasoning was too generic than anything else) and Varrick and Wu were pretty damn funny throughout the thing. Wu surprised me in that regard cause the moment I saw him in the season, I knew it would just be the old trope of the spoiled kid learning a bit about being humble before becoming a better person with him. Which I consider heavily overdone in shows in general. But to the writers credit, they did an okay job with it in LoK in the end. The two things I liked the most about the finale were that a) every character in some way contributed something in it b) The Collosus as it was called was pretty damn awesome in general. Like an actual cool version of an EVA.

The recent drama and certain plot relevant hick ups aside (like the love triangle shit in s1, Korra's behavior in the beginning of season 2) I thought LoK was an overall good show. Storywise I just think that the most "world shattering" events were in season 2 (with the fate of the world being at stake because of spirit Satan), while the best battle/conflict was still in season 4.

--------------------
It ain`t no mystery, if it`s politics or history; the thing you gotta know is, everything is showbiz

Alles was entsteht, ist wert das es zugrunde geht.
+Quote Post
Post #369
Abyss1992

The last of a dying breed

Member No.: 775

post Dec 29 2014, 05:59 AM
It was pretty good over all a few things where telegraphed though like the character development with Wu and how Kuvira would be taken down.. I also liked how the Colossus took a team effort to take down instead of just Korra going Avatar State and soloing it.

This post has been edited by Abyss1992: Dec 29 2014, 06:04 AM

--------------------

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ainít all sunshine and rainbows. Itís a very mean and nasty place, and I donít care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ainít about how hard you hit. Itís about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. Thatís how winning is done! Now, if you know what youíre worth, then go out and get what youíre worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ainít where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ainít you. Youíre better than that!- Rocky Balboa.
+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2015 - 02:50 PM